Atcero's Space Travel Project Sheets

Started by Atcero, May 03, 2022, 08:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atcero

Oh boi! Only got one sheet cause finals, and it do be a simple one
Side note: seen a few names for this sheet: Alien Spaceship, Spaceship Dungeon, and Into the Spaceship. Zophar's uses Inside the Spaceship so that is what I am using for now unless there is a more official site that lists it (have not seen it yet personally)

As always, it do be in the dropbox: Inside the Spaceship

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

XiaoMigros

Some more detailed feedback:
  • The forwards repeat barline in m1 isn't needed
  • ms. 7-8: The LH plays an octave lower than you have it written
  • ms. 9 & 13: the first note in the RH can be written as a dotted half (no need to show beat 3 here).
  • The D.C. text could be moved up a bit
  • What are your thoughts on adding articulation? The LH in particular doesn't strike me to hold the notes as long as you have them written rn
  • Lastly, measure spacing: Your first few systems seem more cramped than the last one with only two measures. I would suggest (from top to bottom, number of ms. per system) 3-3-3-4-3 or 3-3-3-3-4, since the melody in the beginning could do with more space than later on.

Atcero

Got that all updated, thank ya!

I did add some articulations this time around as well, minus the main bass rhythm. I am trying to have it match a bit with the Dungeon sheet online (click this for free Startropics Dungeon Link) as the bass is a weird mix of not being quite staccato, but also having this distinctive rhythm that doesnt quite fit going lower to an eighth note if that makes sense
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Libera

The notes look great.  Some other things (small things):

-You say you're going to use 'Into the Spaceship' as the name, but then in your link you say 'To the Spaceship', and then the sheet itself says 'Inside the Spaceship'.  What name are we using?
-I would bring the tempo marking a bit more to the right.  Usually starting above the time signature looks the neatest I find.
-I agree with XiaoMigros that the left hand feels more detached than is currently written in.  Something like taking a sixteenth off of the first two in each set of three seems to sound pretty good.  I know that the sheet you linked does it like you have currently, but I don't see why they need to match up.

Atcero

Got the name fixed, it was supposed to be "Inside the Spaceship" across the board so my sheet was correct. Also got that tempo marking moved over, thank ya!

Main reason for the left hand as well is that imo its better to keep sheets consistent from the same series, especially since these are almost the same track in a lot of regards to the rhythms. So if possible, id like to keep the left hand as.

Spoiler
[close]

Libera

Quote from: Atcero on May 08, 2022, 11:57:08 AMMain reason for the left hand as well is that imo its better to keep sheets consistent from the same series, especially since these are almost the same track in a lot of regards to the rhythms. So if possible, id like to keep the left hand as.

I'm not sure I really understand this reasoning.  Why exactly do the sheets have to be consistent in this way?  If someone downloads this sheet to play then does it really matter what the other sheet in the series look like?  It feels like it would be more important for it to match the original than another sheet on site..

That being said, I won't hold up my approval over it.  Maybe the next updater can weigh in as well.

Bloop

Looking at the 2 sheets on site, this one from Stellarlights24 has your undetached rhythm, while this one from WiiMan96 has the detached verson, so there isn't much site-consistency to begin with :p If Stellarlights' sheet were submitted today, I think we would mention the same thing. What you could do, however, is add a marking "non legato" underneath the L.H., since the detached rhythm looks a bit messier and the detachment feels more like an articulation thing than a rhythmic thing when I play it.

I don't have anything else to add, though!

Atcero

Added the non legato, thanks so much!

Spoiler
[close]

Bloop

Awesome, then it's accepted!
You cannot view this attachment.