News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

JZ's Space Travel Project Sheets

Started by MomoQca, May 06, 2022, 01:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MomoQca

Because this is a rather complex song, I'm only submitting one sheet for the project. This was previously submitted in normal submissions. I have updated the file accordingly per Bloop's latest feedback.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - MNN+@0・ (Ma-non Ship (Day))
MUSX

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Looking really good now! Just a few visual things left:

Quote from: Bloop on April 08, 2022, 02:51:44 AMYou can use the Tie Tool You cannot view this attachment. (in Special Tools) for that: click on measure 4, click on a box of the tie that needs to be flipped, and press Ctrl+F.
The tie is still there :p If you didn't see the boxes pop up, it could be that you don't have the second layer selected yet.

-m46-49: Now that the L.H. is moved up an octave in some places, it could be nice to have some clef changes too, since the melody goes into a lot of ledger line territory. For these particular 4 measures, pretty much anything that has a ledger line can go in the treble clef instead of the bass clef.
-m58-59: The slur in the R.H. in these two measures is touching the note at the start of m58 and the grace notes in m59

Also, did you have an opinion about this?
Quote from: Bloop on April 08, 2022, 02:51:44 AMI checked some in-game footage to listen to how the piece repeats (i couldn't find an extended version of this song), but apparently there's also a one bar rest before it goes back to the beginning.

MomoQca

I couldn't figure out how fix the first point. I was able to get clarification from Bloop in a private message. I somehow overlooked the other points, but they have been addressed. I also moved the systems upward on the first page. The last system was clashing with the text at the bottom of the page. Files are updated. :D

Bloop

Awesome! There are two pretty minor things left though, but I'll approve pending these:
-m48: You can leave the last D in the L.H. on beat 4.5 in the treble clef too, you don't have to switch to bass clef for that one ^^
-m78 (the last bar): For the bar rest, I meant a full 4/4 bar whole rest, not just one beat :p

Latios212

Neat piece! Aside from what Bloop said above, here's my feedback:
- For m. 4 and everywhere else in this part, I feel like the staccatos aren't necessary for the two 16th notes at the end.
- I would suggest taking the staccatos off the downbeats (i.e. lower notes) in the left hand of m. 9-12. The accompaniment seems a bit too light if everything is staccato and emphasizing the low bass notes would give it some more weight.
- m. 13 beat 2.75 RH: I think this is a C instead of Bb, similar to m. 38. (I hear the Bb in m. 15/40 as you wrote it though)
- I think the last note in the first descent in m. 25 would be better an Eb instead of D (D gets in the way of the melody on beat 2, and something is playing an Eb in this measure)
- I think the descent in m. 29 RH has an F at the end. Maybe make it a sextuplet, tied to a half?
- Beat 4 of m. 49 LH would be better off with the clef change starting there.
- Beat 4 RH of m. 50 is D instead of C
- m. 67/71: I don't think the D harmony underneath the F fits, since we have a Cm chord here. C might work better. Also, on beat 4.5 I think I hear a higher Bb in m. 67? As opposed to 71 you could just make the beat 4 Bb a quarter note.
- The last system is rather cramped. I would suggest using 3-measure systems starting at m. 33 and 36, then 2-measure systems from m. 39-50, then 3-measure systems from there, with the last system having four measures. That'd distribute the space a bit better. The slurs may need some adjusting if the distribution is changed. Let me know if you want help with this.
- The notes get really high off the staff in the RH in the end section and the staves should have a little more room above to compensate (particularly between the header and first system on the last page).

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

MomoQca

Quote from: Bloop on May 21, 2022, 01:48:42 AMAwesome! There are two pretty minor things left though, but I'll approve pending these:
-m48: You can leave the last D in the L.H. on beat 4.5 in the treble clef too, you don't have to switch to bass clef for that one ^^
-m78 (the last bar): For the bar rest, I meant a full 4/4 bar whole rest, not just one beat :p

Done! Thank you for everything. :)

Quote from: Latios212 on May 21, 2022, 06:07:43 PMNeat piece!

Thanks Lat! :D

Quote- I think the descent in m. 29 RH has an F at the end. Maybe make it a sextuplet, tied to a half?
Hmm... I personally don't quite hear a sextuplet. I did however change the first beat into a quintuplet, with an F on beat 2. Let me know what you think?

Quote- Beat 4 of m. 49 LH would be better off with the clef change starting there.
The bass clef is clashing with the notes. How do I space this measure appropriately?

I think I got everything else from your other points.

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on May 21, 2022, 06:07:43 PM- For m. 4 and everywhere else in this part, I feel like the staccatos aren't necessary for the two 16th notes at the end.
I also meant other places where it comes back later, like m. 21 and 34.

Quote from: MomoQca on May 22, 2022, 12:42:10 PMHmm... I personally don't quite hear a sextuplet. I did however change the first beat into a quintuplet, with an F on beat 2. Let me know what you think?
I think that works!

Quote from: MomoQca on May 22, 2022, 12:42:10 PMThe bass clef is clashing with the notes. How do I space this measure appropriately?
Just clicking on the measure with the simple entry tool should respace it automatically.

Aside from that, some of the slurs/accents around the grace notes and octaves needed a bit of tweaking in the last couple of pages, so I edited that for you and will accept. I'll leave the topic open for a bit in case you have any questions or I messed anything up though, please do check the final PDF!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

MomoQca

Everything looks good. Files updated! Thank you, Lat. :)

Latios212

No problem! I had already converted and uploaded the files so we don't need another set of copies, I'll take the extra ones out.

Moving this topic to the project archive~

Spoiler
[close]
turtle