News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [PS4] Bloodborne - "Lullaby for Mergo" by Zunawe

Started by Zeta, May 12, 2022, 01:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Bloodborne
Console: PlayStation 4
Title: Lullaby for Mergo
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zunawe

Zunawe

This piece is a bit of a mess to deconstruct. Lots and lots of instruments that go ding playing very quietly in very high octaves with very hard mallets.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Libera

This piece is a nightmare to transcribe.  I have tried to before and decided to stop because I didn't really think the finished product was going to sound that good given the difference in timbre, especially compared to the amount of effort it would take.

The number one important thing to try and achieve with this is a consistent sound.  It's easier enough to work out the melody and stick it in octaves but there is nearly always more going on than that.  If you only write in some of it, when you default back to octaves it sticks out like a sore thumb and ruins the consistency.

I'll point on some bits of what I mean, but this is going to need another attempt from you to get everything in.  I like to think that it's my job to check that your hard work is correct, not my job to do the hard work.

-The repeated sections 1-6 is not the same the second time round.  The harmony is different.
-There is more than just octaves in bar 5-6 both times.
-Beat 1.75 of bar 4 LH should be a Db, not an Eb.
-I think most of the RH in bars 11+ should be in thirds, sometimes fourths.
-Beat 3 of bar 17/25 RH should be a Bn rather than a Bb.
-The voicing of the left hand in 11+ is very inconsistent, with extra notes appearing very rarely, but seemingly at random.
-I'm not convinced that the top line repeats the same thing every bar in the final section.  It doesn't sound right to me.
-I don't think we should go completely overboard with rolls, but definitely using some rolls in choice positions would go a long way here.  Have a play around with it.

In addition to the accuracy, the overall layout could do with spreading out a lot, but it'll be easier to see what that should look like with the repeats written out.  Also, losing the repeats should allow you to get rid of using the D.S. al Coda, which is not very aesthetically pleasing (it should all be doable with a single first time bar second time bar repeat structure I think).

Let me know if you have any questions or need some more elaboration.

Libera

Libera

I'm going to archive this one for inactivity.  If you have more time to work on the sheet/implement the feedback, feel free to resubmit it!