[MUL] Star Wars Battlefront (2015) - "Nien Nunb Theme" by Fantastic Ike

Started by Zeta, February 28, 2022, 06:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

This looks solid, just a few small comments before I accept:
- m. 5 beat 2 RH could use a C underneath the G just like the other previous places, to fill out the texture a bit more
- I think the Bn octave in the second to last measure would be better off as a Cb
- Having time signature changes for the death fanfare seems a bit unnecessary to me; I think I'd rather see it entirely in 2/4 (or 4/4). Your choice though - this works as is.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

XiaoMigros

Before this gets accepted I have some very nitpicky things:
  • This discussion header has a colon after Star Wars, your subtitle doesn't. Which way is correct?
  • I think the rest at m3 b1.5 in the Intro Theme could be moved up a staff space.
  • The triplet 3rd rest in m5 could be moved down to regular position, since the different layer is above it.
  • While it's fairly intuitive to play as it is, showing the lower layer rest in m6 would provide more clarity.
  • Also, you can indent the last system to show it's the start of a different section.

Latios212

All of the above suggestions sound good to me, except for the last one I think it's fine as is; the final barline and section title already clarify it enough in my opinion.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Yes I would advise against indenting the final system.  It unnecessarily messes with the spacing.

Fantastic Ike

QuoteThis discussion header has a colon after Star Wars, your subtitle doesn't. Which way is correct?

We had a discussion about this already (below), the one without the colon is the one we're going for. When submitting please correct this.

Quote-The title probably shouldn't be Star Wars: Battlefront (2015).  I get the point of doing that because Battlefront 2015 is how most people know the game,  but the original Battlefronts had no original music anyway so I don't think there's going to be confusion about this.  Maybe updaters will think differently tho.  Fun fact, official title of old games was "Star Wars: Battlefront", while this is actually "Star Wars Battlefront"

Think everything else is fixed, deciding not to indent the final system.

XiaoMigros

Ah, I must have missed that. Looks good! (though the 16th rest I previously mentioned would be best positioned between where you have it now and where it was before)

Fantastic Ike

Latios212

Awesome, thanks. I got the game title updated!

Just last thing to say is the half rest in m. 6 is misaligned and could also be lowered just a tad, and the crescendo at the end should end before the barline instead of crossing it. I'll update the files just for the sake of time and accept~

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot