News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[ARCADE] Battle Garegga - "Fly to the Leaden Sky" by Libera

Started by Zeta, June 18, 2022, 04:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Battle Garegga
Console: Arcade
Title: Fly to the Leaden Sky
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

I could also go with the first four bars flipped around (like the final four bars); I don't mind really.

Static

• m2 RH beat 4: Maybe remove the bottom note here (and in all the other spots like it) so there's no repeated 16th? It guess it's fine either way but it would match how the rest of that part is written.
  • m13/15/etc. RH: The melody sounds like this to me:
  • m13-27 LH: Beat 2.75 sounds long (tied) to me in pretty much every measure here.
  • m14/18/etc. LH beat 4 sounds like four 16th notes, Eb-Db-Ab-G.
  • m16 LH beat 4.25 should be Ab instead of Bb.
  • m20/24 LH beat 4.5 sounds like Gb to me (instead of Bb or Ab).
  • m17-18 RH: Missing tied notes.
  • m28 LH beat 4.5: The last two 16ths sound like Ab-Bb instead of Bb-Eb.
  • m34 RH beat 1: Note positions should be reset here.
  • m34 RH beat 3 sounds like it should be tied to m35 beat 1.
  • m37 RH beats 3-4: The melody rhythm sounds like a triplet here to me.
Cool sheet

Libera

Quote from: Static on July 17, 2022, 02:57:00 PMm2 RH beat 4: Maybe remove the bottom note here (and in all the other spots like it) so there's no repeated 16th? It guess it's fine either way but it would match how the rest of that part is written.

Yeah this part is kind of tough/awkward.  I think this sort of change makes it a lot more manageable.

Quote from: Static on July 17, 2022, 02:57:00 PM
  • m13/15/etc. RH: The melody sounds like this to me:
  • m13-27 LH: Beat 2.75 sounds long (tied) to me in pretty much every measure here.
  • m17-18 RH: Missing tied notes.
  • m28 LH beat 4.5: The last two 16ths sound like Ab-Bb instead of Bb-Eb.
  • m34 RH beat 1: Note positions should be reset here.
  • m34 RH beat 3 sounds like it should be tied to m35 beat 1.

These should all be fixed.  I actually had 34-35 like that before and I can't remember why I got rid of the tie.

Quote from: Static on July 17, 2022, 02:57:00 PMm14/18/etc. LH beat 4 sounds like four 16th notes, Eb-Db-Ab-G.

I changed it a bit but I don't really want four notes there.  This bassline is annoying enough to play at tempo as it is.

Quote from: Static on July 17, 2022, 02:57:00 PMm16 LH beat 4.25 should be Ab instead of Bb.

I agree what I had isn't right but that doesn't sound right either.  I think I had the rhythm wrong rather than the notes.

Quote from: Static on July 17, 2022, 02:57:00 PMm20/24 LH beat 4.5 sounds like Gb to me (instead of Bb or Ab).

Hmm I'm pretty sure the bass is just the same four bars repeated apart from the final bar.  I don't hear this.

Thanks for checking!

Static

Quote from: Libera on July 17, 2022, 03:35:37 PMI changed it a bit but I don't really want four notes there.  This bassline is annoying enough to play at tempo as it is.
Makes sense to me, but maybe use Ab instead, since that's what plays on beat 4.

Quote from: Libera on July 17, 2022, 03:35:37 PMI agree what I had isn't right but that doesn't sound right either.  I think I had the rhythm wrong rather than the notes.
I'm definitely hearing the rhythm as 16th-16th-8th, but I still don't hear Bb there.

Everything else looks great!

Libera

Quote from: Static on July 17, 2022, 05:08:36 PMMakes sense to me, but maybe use Ab instead, since that's what plays on beat 4.

Sure we can have the Ab instead.

Quote from: Static on July 17, 2022, 05:08:36 PMI'm definitely hearing the rhythm as 16th-16th-8th, but I still don't hear Bb there.

Maybe the G is repeated on beat 4 but again I don't want four notes here.  The Bb->C is still what I hear on beat 4.5.

Files updated.

Static

Quote from: Libera on July 21, 2022, 12:27:41 PMMaybe the G is repeated on beat 4 but again I don't want four notes here.  The Bb->C is still what I hear on beat 4.5.
I'm still hearing 16th-16th-8th here. Beat 4.5 sounds like it might bend up a little bit, but it doesn't sound like there's another articulated note on beat 4.75. I'll leave that for Bloop to check though, since everything else looks good to me.

Bloop

-m5 and 7: The dots in the L.H. on beat 1 should probably all go up one stave space, as it currently looks like the bottom dot belongs to the whole note. You might also wanna flip the tie in m5 and the note in m8 as well, since it acts as a lower layer now.
-m16, 20 and 24: As a response to "what happens in beat 4", I hear a G on beat 4 for sure, a C on beat 4.5 for sure, and nothing new on beat 4.75 for sure. Beat 4.25 is a bit hard to make out, at full speed it sounds like there's something there, but slowed down in audiostretch I just hear white noise. So my general conclusion is "just G-C in 8ths" :p
-m18: The last note in this measure seems awfully close to the barline
-m39: Maybe you could add a courtesy accidental to the (top) Gn in the R.H.? It could easily be mistaken as a G#. Alternatively I think you could just put m29-38 in it's own key signature, it's enough of a separate section to deserve one.

Libera

Quote from: Bloop on July 25, 2022, 12:34:01 PM-m5 and 7: The dots in the L.H. on beat 1 should probably all go up one stave space, as it currently looks like the bottom dot belongs to the whole note. You might also wanna flip the tie in m5 and the note in m8 as well, since it acts as a lower layer now.

Sure, fixed.

Quote from: Bloop on July 25, 2022, 12:34:01 PM-m16, 20 and 24: As a response to "what happens in beat 4", I hear a G on beat 4 for sure, a C on beat 4.5 for sure, and nothing new on beat 4.75 for sure. Beat 4.25 is a bit hard to make out, at full speed it sounds like there's something there, but slowed down in audiostretch I just hear white noise. So my general conclusion is "just G-C in 8ths" :p

I still hear what I have written in.  It also gives a bit more energy going into the following bar.

Quote from: Bloop on July 25, 2022, 12:34:01 PM-m18: The last note in this measure seems awfully close to the barline

14, 18, 22, 26 all look exactly the same.  I edited them a little bit but there isn't a whole lot of space.

Quote from: Bloop on July 25, 2022, 12:34:01 PM-m39: Maybe you could add a courtesy accidental to the (top) Gn in the R.H.? It could easily be mistaken as a G#. Alternatively I think you could just put m29-38 in it's own key signature, it's enough of a separate section to deserve one.

I normally avoid key changes if I can but I think this one is drastic enough to warrant it, and it stays relatively clean.

Thanks for checking!

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on July 25, 2022, 12:57:49 PMI still hear what I have written in.  It also gives a bit more energy going into the following bar.
I really don't hear anything re-articulated on beat 4.75 though, not even in the percussion, but if you're 100% sure it's there, I guess I'll leave it :p

The dots are still in its original place in m7, but aside from that it all looks good ^^

Libera

Quote from: Bloop on July 25, 2022, 01:32:44 PMI really don't hear anything re-articulated on beat 4.75 though, not even in the percussion, but if you're 100% sure it's there, I guess I'll leave it :p

Yeah it's not really articulated, more like a bend from the Bb to the C.  I added in a slur in those bars.

Quote from: Bloop on July 25, 2022, 01:32:44 PMThe dots are still in its original place in m7, but aside from that it all looks good ^^

Whoops, my bad.  Fixed.

Bloop

Awesome, then I'll accept!
You cannot view this attachment.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot