[N64] GoldenEye 007 - "Frigate" (Replacement) by Fantastic Ike

Started by Zeta, July 31, 2022, 04:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Ike

Quote-You could probably drop the 8va in bar 5-6 and then put a loco in bar 57.  It gets a bit messy in some places.  Otherwise, try to tidy it up a bit.  You can do this by using the white space at the bottom of the page more effectively i.e. spread the systems out more evenly across the page vertically.  To be honest, maybe a 4-5-5-5 system distribution would look a lot nicer.  I would go with that even if you did remove the 8vas.

Not sure what exactly is meant here. Drop the octave line only in those two measures? I also tried to distribute the measures like you said. Ignore formatting for now, will clean it up when I get more clarity on this section.

Otherwise think everything else should be fixed here.

Libera

No, I mean this sort of thing.

Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

It doesn't have to look exactly like that, but something to that effect.  As a separate point, if you don't know what something I said means, in this case loco, don't just blindly put it in the sheet.  Ask, or, even better, look it up yourself.

Quote from: Libera on August 21, 2022, 03:23:08 PMYou can do this by using the white space at the bottom of the page more effectively i.e. spread the systems out more evenly across the page vertically.  To be honest, maybe a 4-5-5-5 system distribution would look a lot nicer.

Ok, so you still aren't using the white space very well.  Compare this to your page 2 and hopefully you can see what I mean.
Spoiler
[close]

I think you misunderstood what I said about the systems, and have turned (almost) everything into 5-bar systems.  Can you tell that they look incredibly cramped and awkward?  I wasn't suggesting this.  I was suggesting 4 systems on page 1, 5 on the second, 5 on the third, 5 on the fourth.

Quote from: Libera on August 21, 2022, 03:23:08 PM-I'm not sure about that C in bar 63 beat 2.  Sounds like another B to me.

This?

Quote from: Libera on August 21, 2022, 03:23:08 PM-I don't understand why the Gn has a courtesy accidental in bar 5+.  The key signature is right there, and there's no way you could misread it with the G# immediately after it.  I guess that could be a F## but I don't really mind.

This applied to all of them.  I don't think the performer can misread this.

Quote from: Libera on August 21, 2022, 03:23:08 PM-Why mf-f? in bar 5?

Should it not be forte?

You need to take more care in dynamic placement.  The cresc in bars 57-63 is too low or colliding all over the place, the ff in bar 64 isn't centred properly, the f in bar 70 is off from the cresc. etc.  Just try and be more careful with checking whether elements in the sheet look correct and make it neat.

Fantastic Ike

Sorry for the general sloppiness of my submissions lately. Been dealing with COVID and guess it's been affecting the quality of my work. Hopefully layout/lazy mistakes have been mostly fixed here.

Libera

That's alright, no worries.

I just made some edits to clear up those 8vb markings using some custom smartshapes (if you want to learn how to do that I suggest just messing around with the custom smartshapes I made.  I also tidied up the tie in bar 27-28 and centred some dynamics a little more carefully.  If you're happy with the edits I will accept.

Fantastic Ike

Thank you! I was trying to play around with smart shapes myself. But yeah go ahead and accept!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot