[PC] Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling - "Lost Castle of Ancient Worship" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, July 31, 2022, 04:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling
Console: PC
Title: Lost Castle of Ancient Worship
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

I simplified the higher pizzicato string part in m4 to the L.H. figure, as aside from that measure it won't be possible to play in the rest of the arrangement and I didn't want this one measure to stand out.

Libera

This looks great.  Just a few small things from me:

-The chord in bar 2 is voiced very heavily.  Might I suggest making it a little lighter?  I think it sounds a bit much in comparison to the rest of the arrangement.
-Is some of the harmony in bars 6-13 intentionally omitted?  I think it sounds fine but maybe could be a little more consistent, like adding the A and Bb in bars 10-11.
-I would suggest not writing the D in as a third layer and just bringing it into the chord.  I don't think you get much benefit for making it look a lot more complicated.
-Have you considered 2 bar systems at the end and moving an extra system onto page 1?  That final system starts to look kind of awkward with the semiquavers.  Not a huge deal though.

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on August 12, 2022, 12:49:21 PM-Is some of the harmony in bars 6-13 intentionally omitted?  I think it sounds fine but maybe could be a little more consistent, like adding the A and Bb in bars 10-11.
Not intentionally haha, I think I just didn't hear the attack of the lower notes in m10-11. I played around a bit with the rolled chords and the grace notes, since it's pretty hard to decide where to place the grace note in relation to the rolled chord. I don't think I missed that much in the other bars though?

Did everything else too! Thanks for taking a look!

Libera

Quote from: Bloop on August 13, 2022, 01:49:56 AMNot intentionally haha, I think I just didn't hear the attack of the lower notes in m10-11. I played around a bit with the rolled chords and the grace notes, since it's pretty hard to decide where to place the grace note in relation to the rolled chord. I don't think I missed that much in the other bars though?

That looks good now!  Everything else looks good too.

Apologies that I didn't notice this last time but finale's default placement for the slur at the end of bar 18 is kind of silly and could probably look a lot nicer.

Will approve though in the meantime.

Bloop

Latios212

Looks good, a few things before accepting!
- The bass changes in m. 13, 23, and 5 from the A-based ostinato to a Bb-based one. The second half of m. 25 dips down to G - double check these places
- I think the E at the beginning of m. 10 would be better off as a grace note like in m. 22
- Also in m. 10/22 maybe the D would be better in the lower layer too to keep the melody isolated?
- The low A's in the last page sound a bit empty, and particularly anticlimactic in m. 26. Perhaps consider octave doubling below?
- How about a dynamic change or something at m. 30 to indicate more buildup of tension especially since the low bass voice isn't starting to move like in the original?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on August 28, 2022, 05:03:13 PM- The bass changes in m. 13, 23, and 5 from the A-based ostinato to a Bb-based one. The second half of m. 25 dips down to G - double check these places
Oh wow, I never noticed it wasn't just all the same haha. Should be fixed! I heard the second half of m13 go down to a G too.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 28, 2022, 05:03:13 PM- I think the E at the beginning of m. 10 would be better off as a grace note like in m. 22
I had that before but I actually changed it to include it in the arpeggio, since having it as a grace note makes the order of notes to be rolled a bit ambiguous and awkward. It sounds a bit weird to play it like E-A-D-F

Quote from: Latios212 on August 28, 2022, 05:03:13 PM- Also in m. 10/22 maybe the D would be better in the lower layer too to keep the melody isolated?
Good point, my original reasoning for having the D in another layer (because the player won't be able to hold it for the full bar) doesn't apply to other parts of the sheet anymore anyway

Quote from: Latios212 on August 28, 2022, 05:03:13 PM- The low A's in the last page sound a bit empty, and particularly anticlimactic in m. 26. Perhaps consider octave doubling below?
- How about a dynamic change or something at m. 30 to indicate more buildup of tension especially since the low bass voice isn't starting to move like in the original?
I think leaving out the lower octave together with the pedal usage helps with giving m26 the soaring vibe it has in the original, but I added a staccato octave below the first note in m26 as an ending for the pizzicato ostinato/percussion part, and added octaves from m30 to indicate the buildup.

Files updated!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta