News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[Wii] Rhythm Heaven Fever - "Built to Scale 2" by ScaleBuilder

Started by Zeta, February 04, 2024, 11:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Rhythm Heaven
Game: Rhythm Heaven Fever
Console: Wii
Title: Built to Scale 2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: ScaleBuilder

ScaleBuilder

Here I am submitting this on a whim when I should have been working on so many things for my master's instead. That is to say that I might not be able to check back often to see feedback or such things - I just had the impulse to transcribe this song tonight, followed by wanting to try submitting a first sheet to the same site I've downloaded so many sheets from in the past. I also maaaybe didn't do enough reading of all requirements as I should have (although I definitely read through the Formatting Guidelines post) for the same reason, so sorry if I haven't followed some standardized process I don't know about.

XiaoMigros

Hi, nice to have you here! Feel free to go over this feedback in your own time:
  • Every 16th chord that's on an 8th beat and followed by a rest would look much neater as a staccato 8th chord. Below is what m3 would look like, for example
  • m1: The beaming is a little off in this measure- When using 16th notes, the beams shouldn't extend over the quarter rest boundaries. You can read through this guide to help.
  • m2: After reading the above guide, try to find the grouping mistake in this measure! One chord should be split into two tied ones.
  • m2: Even though the key signature has flats, it's best to use sharps for upwards chromatic movements such as here. The Bb and Eb can stay as flats, but the rest should be changed. The same principle is true for all other chromatic runs in this sheet.
  • m3-6: All the following comments here should be applied to the repeated sections as well:
    • m3 & m4 beat 1.25 RH: This note sounds shorter than an 8th, a 16th would be good
    • m3 beat 3.5 RH: The 8th could use a staccato marking
    • m3 beat 4 RH: I hear a grace note F# before the main note here.
    • m4 beat 3.5-end RH: These notes all sound staccato to me
    • m5 & m6 beat 1 RH: These notes could use a grace note just below the main note, like for m3 beat4.
    • m6 LH: I think all the 8ths in this measure would be better as staccato.
  • m34: All the 8ths should be staccato except for the low F in the LH, and the last chord should be a staccato 8th note.
  • I think you can comfortably fit 3 measures onto each system, even on the first one.
  • Can you read through the formatting guidelines again and make sure all your text is using the correct font styles?
  • Try using our recommended page margin settings as well, your left margin is too big and your top margin too small at the moment.