Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Title
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Whoppybones

Relaxing and fun song you chose. I like it!
 - m0/m44 I do believe the glissando starts an octave lower.
 - m8 b2.5 I think I hear another G. Is it just reverb?
 - m11-12 LH top note should be D not E
 - m17/19 I think you should incorporate the twinkly notes (F#/B and E/Bb respectively). The RH isn't doing a whole lot here so they wouldn't be hard to play.
 - m24-m30 There's some notes played by strings that aren't just the top notes of the lower chords like they are earlier. I think it would be nice to add some of these in.
 - m31 There's a D on top of that chord. Not sure if I hear the E at the bottom, but I trust you do?
Looking pretty good, Lat! Great work! :)

Latios212

Thanks for your feedback! :D

Quote from: Whoppybones on August 31, 2022, 05:01:31 PM- m0/m44 I do believe the glissando starts an octave lower.

- m11-12 LH top note should be D not E
 - m17/19 I think you should incorporate the twinkly notes (F#/B and E/Bb respectively). The RH isn't doing a whole lot here so they wouldn't be hard to play.
Got these things! (Made the crescendos slanted for the glissando because the D is so far below the staff)

Quote from: Whoppybones on August 31, 2022, 05:01:31 PM- m24-m30 There's some notes played by strings that aren't just the top notes of the lower chords like they are earlier. I think it would be nice to add some of these in.
I'm not sure I hear something clear enough in m. 24-26 clear enough to write in, but I do hear an A in m. 26-27 going to a G in m. 29-30 so I wrote that in

Quote from: Whoppybones on August 31, 2022, 05:01:31 PM- m8 b2.5 I think I hear another G. Is it just reverb?
You're right, I hear it there too. That said... it feels completely out of place to me and I'd feel odd including it as part of the melody. Would like to hear other people's thoughts on if this sounds like part of the main melody or not...

Quote from: Whoppybones on August 31, 2022, 05:01:31 PM- m31 There's a D on top of that chord. Not sure if I hear the E at the bottom, but I trust you do?
I don't think I hear a D on top here (although it'd fit right in) - might you be hearing the D from the chords in the previous measure? Regardless, I wanted to keep it so that the left hand doesn't have to play/roll too large a chord.

Files updated, thanks again~

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on September 12, 2022, 08:03:11 PMYou're right, I hear it there too. That said... it feels completely out of place to me and I'd feel odd including it as part of the melody. Would like to hear other people's thoughts on if this sounds like part of the main melody or not...
Related to this, I hear a slight F# on beat 3.5 too, which seems to suggest it's just part of a delay effect, so I'm fine with keeping it in ^^

As for the actual feedback:
-Maybe you could add an mp dynamic marking to the harp glissando at the beginning, since you have one at the end as well.
-While the octaves in the bass notes are there in the original, they can be easily played a bit too aggressively jumping between the octaves and the chords (literally falling into the octaves pretty much). It might be worth considering dropping either the top or bottom octave to get a bit of a softer sound while playing, but you could also leave it to the performer to not overdo it.
-m19-20: Technically this diminished chord in the L.H. could be considered an A#dim chord (so with A# and C#), as it feels like it's going to resolve to Bm, but instead falling down a bit to F#m7. I'm still alright with keeping the Bb since it does resolve down to An as well, but you could rewrite the Db as C# still since it stays the same.
-m24: You could add the piano chord on beat 3 to the R.H. instead of the L.H., the F# feels pretty important to this quick chord change. Maybe you could place the one on beat 2 in the R.H. too to save the L.H. some jumps. Additionally, you could add a G (from the strings) on top of this chord or on beat 1
-m30: There's a glissando from the accordeon A on beat 3 up to the A in m31, which I think you can write out out as an A mixolydian scale, which is surprisingly playable at speed. If you wanna keep it a simpler/keep more focus on the A though, you could also just add the last three notes of the glissando.

Latios212

Thanks for the check!

Quote from: Bloop on September 15, 2022, 09:59:43 AMRelated to this, I hear a slight F# on beat 3.5 too, which seems to suggest it's just part of a delay effect, so I'm fine with keeping it in ^^
Great, I'll keep it as is :)

Quote from: Bloop on September 15, 2022, 09:59:43 AM-Maybe you could add an mp dynamic marking to the harp glissando at the beginning, since you have one at the end as well.
Yup, that works

Quote from: Bloop on September 15, 2022, 09:59:43 AM-While the octaves in the bass notes are there in the original, they can be easily played a bit too aggressively jumping between the octaves and the chords (literally falling into the octaves pretty much). It might be worth considering dropping either the top or bottom octave to get a bit of a softer sound while playing, but you could also leave it to the performer to not overdo it.
I definitely don't want to remove the lower octave because then it'd sound too light. Removing the upper octave doesn't result in much of a different in sound or difficulty to me, so I'd prefer to just leave it as is - leaving it up to the performer to not overdo it.

Quote from: Bloop on September 15, 2022, 09:59:43 AM-m19-20: Technically this diminished chord in the L.H. could be considered an A#dim chord (so with A# and C#), as it feels like it's going to resolve to Bm, but instead falling down a bit to F#m7. I'm still alright with keeping the Bb since it does resolve down to An as well, but you could rewrite the Db as C# still since it stays the same.
C# makes sense! And yeah I'd like to keep the Bb since it's chromatically descending, to avoid any courtesy accidentals/naturals.

Quote from: Bloop on September 15, 2022, 09:59:43 AM-m24: You could add the piano chord on beat 3 to the R.H. instead of the L.H., the F# feels pretty important to this quick chord change. Maybe you could place the one on beat 2 in the R.H. too to save the L.H. some jumps. Additionally, you could add a G (from the strings) on top of this chord or on beat 1
Ah yeah I took another look at this after Whoppy suggested to as well. I've added the harmonies in a lower layer here from m. 24-25.

Quote from: Bloop on September 15, 2022, 09:59:43 AM-m30: There's a glissando from the accordeon A on beat 3 up to the A in m31, which I think you can write out out as an A mixolydian scale, which is surprisingly playable at speed. If you wanna keep it a simpler/keep more focus on the A though, you could also just add the last three notes of the glissando.
I like taking the last three notes!

Files updated, thanks for the feedback :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on September 19, 2022, 03:51:24 PMRemoving the upper octave doesn't result in much of a different in sound or difficulty to me
For some reason I actually find it easier to play the lower octave softer than playing the octave, probably because I don't have to spread my hand as much. Either way works though!

Everything else looks good too, so I'll approve!
You cannot view this attachment.

Static

Looks great, just a few little comments:
  • I think two quarter rests would look better in the pickup, since you wouldn't put a half rest in a 3/4 measure, and it also makes the fact that it's two beats a bit more obvious. I'm fine leaving it though.
  • m28 RH beat 3: Maybe adjust the slur so it ends directly above the staccato, like in m20.
  • m41 RH: I'm hearing B instead of A there.
  • NinSheetMusic url has an extra character at the end (shows up in the pdf as well). It's happened to me before too, and I think it's an issue with using the Text > Inserts function. If you manually create and position a text box yourself, it'll avoid that.
    You can also type additional characters after the copyright text in the current textbox (the new text won't be highlighted in gray), and then delete the old text and it'll work the same way.

Latios212

I agree with all of those! Thanks for the trip on the last one, I had no idea how to fix that - usually I just retry a few times and fall back to the normal Finale PDF exporter if it didn't want to work (which is risking other issues...)

Files hopefully all good to go now :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot