Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Mysterious Woman
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Jacopo Tore & Gabriele Loi

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

A few things:

-The title needs to be in quote marks.
-The copyright should be 'Tecmo' not in capitals.
-This can definitely all fit on one page.
-To me, the percussion implies 3/4 (with twice as many bars) rather than 12/8.
-The track is called 'Mysterious Woman' on the official OST.
-The left hand run in bar 4 sounds like triplets Db -> Dn -> Eb i.e. no En.  This also suggests the 3/4 signature to me.

JacopoTore

We've updated the score, but we're not sure we want to change the meter from 12/8 to 3/4, can we talk about it? We would like to understand more.
A thousand thanks

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on August 28, 2022, 10:25:21 AMA few things:

-The title needs to be in quote marks.
-The copyright should be 'Tecmo' not in capitals.
-This can definitely all fit on one page.
-To me, the percussion implies 3/4 (with twice as many bars) rather than 12/8.
-The track is called 'Mysterious Woman' on the official OST.
-The left hand run in bar 4 sounds like triplets Db -> Dn -> Eb i.e. no En.  This also suggests the 3/4 signature to me.

The rest of the changes were made

Libera

Sorry for the delay.

Quote from: JacopoTore on September 02, 2022, 08:09:11 AMWe've updated the score, but we're not sure we want to change the meter from 12/8 to 3/4, can we talk about it? We would like to understand more.

Hmm, I'm not really sure what my thought process was about the time signature, it looks fine to me now.

I would say about the left hand in bar 4, have you considered something like this?
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
I think I was making the triplet comment in light of changing the time signature, so it doesn't really make much sense anymore.  Something like this sounds much more like what is going on.

Additional things:

-The composer should be Keiji Yamagishi.
-I do still think it would look better with twice as many bars, which would also avoid the awkward empty final half of the final bar.  I guess it isn't so important though.
-I think a lighter dynamic, like mp or p, would better reflect the tone of the piece.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on November 14, 2022, 11:00:40 AMSorry for the delay.

Hmm, I'm not really sure what my thought process was about the time signature, it looks fine to me now.

I would say about the left hand in bar 4, have you considered something like this?
Spoiler
[close]
I think I was making the triplet comment in light of changing the time signature, so it doesn't really make much sense anymore.  Something like this sounds much more like what is going on.

Additional things:

-The composer should be Keiji Yamagishi.
-I do still think it would look better with twice as many bars, which would also avoid the awkward empty final half of the final bar.  I guess it isn't so important though.
-I think a lighter dynamic, like mp or p, would better reflect the tone of the piece.
OK except for the bars question (I didn't understand if I have to change the meter or change the note values) I changed everything.
I hope it's ok

Libera

Quote from: JacopoTore on November 16, 2022, 09:49:26 AMOK except for the bars question (I didn't understand if I have to change the meter or change the note values) I changed everything.

I mean like this:

Spoiler
[close]

Did you consider changing the dynamic to mp or p rather than mf?  You didn't respond.  I think it would fit a lot better.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on February 19, 2023, 05:04:33 AMI mean like this:

Spoiler
[close]

Did you consider changing the dynamic to mp or p rather than mf?  You didn't respond.  I think it would fit a lot better.
Ok we did it

Libera

JacopoTore

Quote from: Libera on February 19, 2023, 02:55:16 PMWhat about the barrings?
I'm sorry, I didn't see the screenshot you send me!
I think it is better the actual barring.
Music moving in 4 impulse per phrase

Kricketune54

I agree with Libera that this would look better in 6/8 but the meter feels better for 12/8, so I guess fine to keep it that way.

For the last measure for both staffs, the second half of the bar could be grouped as dotted half rests.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 23, 2023, 01:27:32 PMI agree with Libera that this would look better in 6/8 but the meter feels better for 12/8, so I guess fine to keep it that way.

For the last measure for both staffs, the second half of the bar could be grouped as dotted half rests.

Thank you, did it

Kricketune54

Libera