News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[MUL] TUNIC - "Sunset Breakfast" by Rubikium

Started by Zeta, August 13, 2022, 09:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: TUNIC
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Sunset Breakfast
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Rubikium

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

lofi beats to relax and study to

-m10: I hear octaves below the Bb's in beat 5-6
-m12: The 8va should start a little earlier, so that the 8 is more to the left of the first note.
-m15: I think you can add the Bb an octave below beat 1.5 too, it's still playable for me
-m26: L.H. note on beat 4.5 should be Fb.
-m27: I hear the Fb on top of the chord in the L.H. on beat 2 an octave lower

Rubikium

Quote from: Bloop on August 15, 2022, 09:49:55 AMlofi beats to relax and study to

-m10: I hear octaves below the Bb's in beat 5-6
-m12: The 8va should start a little earlier, so that the 8 is more to the left of the first note.
-m15: I think you can add the Bb an octave below beat 1.5 too, it's still playable for me
-m26: L.H. note on beat 4.5 should be Fb.
-m27: I hear the Fb on top of the chord in the L.H. on beat 2 an octave lower

All changed

Bloop

Maelstrom

pretty solid
few things
-m10b2 LH - I hear the chord as Ab-C-F and the chord in m11 as Ab-C-F-Ab (same C as currently present)
-m13b3 LH - I hear this chord as Ab-C-Eb (Eb forms a 2nd with RH)

nitpicky stuff
opening mf could be slightly more centered
slur colliding with tie in m26
idk about the morality or legality of slurs overlapping on the same note in m26. Is that how phrases work now?
You've got some vertical space to spare on page 2 so give the title a little breathing room instead of choking it with the 8va
even more nitpicky is your 8va has differing amounts of room between the slur in m12 and m14 but that's just my observation

fantastic sheet as a whole I'd say

Rubikium

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 03, 2022, 08:52:33 PMidk about the morality or legality of slurs overlapping on the same note in m26. Is that how phrases work now?
Did you mean the two slurs overlapping on m25b6? I'm not sure if the notes under the first slur should be a phrase on their own, or joined with the rest as one long phrase

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 03, 2022, 08:52:33 PMYou've got some vertical space to spare on page 2 so give the title a little breathing room instead of choking it with the 8va
I would need help on this since I'm on Finale Notepad

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 03, 2022, 08:52:33 PMpretty solid

fantastic sheet as a whole I'd say
Thanks ^w^

Maelstrom

Alright
I'll just make the changes since it's faster this way and you have notepad.
The only things I touched were:
-made the m24-25 slur end on b3.75 and a new slur starts on b4 since that's the phrase it belongs to. You can't exactly start and stop a slur easily on the same note, and from the original it's pretty cleanly part of the following phrase anyway.
-However, for m9, I could go either way with it. I left it as is because the song treads phrases in this weird way and it feels like it belongs to both. Feel free to leave it as-is or combine if you want. It's not as clear cut as the other case, imo. I didn't touch it.
I also respaced the systems slightly on page 2 to allow for more breathing room.

I generated the .musx file and updated all files for you. Lemme know if you change anything and I can just save it again.
Should you accept, I'll accept this.

Rubikium

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot