NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Author Topic: [SNES] Tetris Attack - "Forest Lullaby (Special Ending IV)" by Double_A  (Read 161 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Tetris Attack
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Forest Lullaby (Special Ending IV)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Double_A
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 12:08:31 AM by Double_A »

XiaoMigros

• Ballad of the Belmonts
  • Doing stuff probably
    • View Profile
    • My MuseScore profile
Re: [SNES] Tetris Attack - "Forest Lullaby (Special Ending IV)" by Double_A
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 10:38:08 PM »

Hi! Welcome to NSM :)

When submitting a sheet, it's customary to attach either a youtube video or sound file, like so:

As for the sheet itself, here's some things that I noticed:

• I think the sheet would fit nicely with pedal markings; the LH is pedaled in the original as well, and the RH has an echoey/reverby effect that could be imitated as well. The LH could then all be written in one layer, saving me a comment on rests.
  • Generally the BPM should be given as a precise number (though there are exceptions). The text can stay, but I would change what's in the parentheses (I'm getting q=122).
  • m5 b4.5: I hear a faint B2 here
  • m8 b3: The notes I hear here (in ascending order) are A, E, A, B and E.
  • m16 b4.5: I don't hear the B
  • m19: Looks like you may have accidentally deleted the E2 at b1.5, that should be reinserted
  • m20: The E on b1 should be written in the LH
  • m24: Same comment as m8
  • m36: In the LH I hear the B on b1 as a C, and I think the rolled dyad has an extra E on top of it
  • m40: The E4 can be simplified to a whole note imo. I don't think the fermata is needed either
  • Most of your rolls could use some more horizontal space, especially the ones on downbeats
  • I'd recommend having five systems on each page, rather than 6 and 4. The individual staves could also use some more space between them, currently they look a bit cramped
  • I would recommend reading through the Formatting Guidelins to make your layout and text sizes in line with the rest of our sheets. Copying and pasting into a new template file (found on the same page) might save you some time.
  • D.S. al Fine requires a separate Fine marking somewhere in the score. Using a regular D.S. here would make more sense, as that marking implies playing until the end.

That's all from me (for now)! If you have any questions or need more help, feel free to ask :)

Double_A

• Blank Manuscript Paper
  • I am big.
    • View Profile
    • Musescore
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 05:37:17 PM »

I think I fixed most of the issues musically but I decided to keep the quarter rest at the end since that is when the melody voice releases in the OST. Formatting on the other hand was not nearly as simple. I actually did originally make it 5 systems on each page but converting it from Musescore into Finale must have messed that up and I just didn't notice. I did have to remake the score from the ground up in order to fix some of the font/typeface issues -- again probably as a result of converting a sheet from Musescore to Finale. I also added a dynamic marking since the Formatting Guidelines said that was now a requirement. Fortunately, the song retains the same dynamic throughout.

I appreciate the patience, although I am familiar with NSM, I am (obviously) not so familiar with the submission process. Furthermore, Finale turned out to be way more difficult to deal with than I anticipated (like why does ctrl + b not bolden text? Why is their user manual so unhelpful?). But in the end, lessons have been learned.     

XiaoMigros

• Ballad of the Belmonts
  • Doing stuff probably
    • View Profile
    • My MuseScore profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 10:16:12 AM »

Looking good! I also hear the end now as you have it, without the last beat. That said, there are a few more minor comments about the notes:
  • In m17 and m18, the LH quarter notes should be dotted, to fill the measure
  • In m20, the LH would better be written in one layer/voice.

As for the conversion from MuseScore, that's not much fun to deal with. Generally we advise people to do as much as they can on their own, but if you're using Notepad some things simply aren't possible. I would advise checking out this guide if you haven't done so already. Once you make the changes I mentioned above, I'll make the remaining formatting adjustments and talk you through what I did, for future reference :) Thanks for submitting!

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 24 queries.