Series: Megami Tensei/Persona
Game: Soul Hackers 2
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Shinsando
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Unfortunately there's no non-extended version I could find, so I made my own here

The soundtrack hasn't been released yet, there are no official titles yet. This is just the most common name I've seen

Bloop

love me some 5/4 jazz

-m20: The C-Db-C-Bb turn here sounds more like a mordent to a (swung) Bb on beat 5.5, though I'm not sure if you necessarily need or want to write it out differently.
-m29: There's a little grace note G# in the R.H. here
-m39: I hear an En on beat 1 in the L.H.
-m52: Maybe you could write this bar as a G# major chord instead? It'd fit a bit better in the sharp-oriented tonality.
-m55: I hear a D on beat 3 in the L.H.
-m56: Maybe you could add a cautionary accidental on the R.H. Eb on beat 1?
-m83: There's a grace note Gb before the R.H. F on beat 4

Static

Quote from: Bloop on October 07, 2022, 12:41:33 PM-m20: The C-Db-C-Bb turn here sounds more like a mordent to a (swung) Bb on beat 5.5, though I'm not sure if you necessarily need or want to write it out differently.
I had it written out like this originally (well with a triplet instead of mordent since that's how I usually see it in swing music). Now though I still hear all of the turns in this piece as just 16th notes.

Quote from: Bloop on October 07, 2022, 12:41:33 PM-m39: I hear an En on beat 1 in the L.H.
Still hear Bn here, I'm hearing the Cn from the previous bar resolve to B up an octave.

Quote from: Bloop on October 07, 2022, 12:41:33 PM-m55: I hear a D on beat 3 in the L.H.
I'm still hearing an An there as well.

Got all the other stuff, thanks for checking!

Bloop

I think I remember having to audiostretchify the bass part a bit to be sure of what I was hearing, but my phone just died so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt :p I'll approve!
You cannot view this attachment.

Kricketune54

Operation Necro-feedback commence

Since enough time has passed and an official CD release exists, we know this track is by Kuniyuki Takahashi only. https://vgmdb.net/album/122647

- m4 LH sounds same as m12 LH
- m21 RH sounds like beat 1.0 is an 8th note followed by a quarter note. Tied note on 2.5 is still separate
- Here is what I hear at m66:
Spoiler

[close]
- Similarly I hear this at m70:
Spoiler
[close]
- m69 RH there's a C played by the solo string you could put on RH beat 1.0
- m69 and m71 beat 2.5 technically the string and flute are playing, so could have lower octave G present here as well
- m72 LH last 2 notes I hear Bb

Static

Apologies for the late reply.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 23, 2023, 07:26:00 PMHere is what I hear at m66:
Similarly I hear this at m70:
I still hear these as I had before. I kept m66/68 down an octave to make it build more gradually to m72. I also adjusted m68 a bit.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 23, 2023, 07:26:00 PM- m69 and m71 beat 2.5 technically the string and flute are playing, so could have lower octave G present here as well
Added Gs here and to beat 1.5 also

Everything else should be fixed! Thanks for taking a look

Kricketune54

Quote from: Static on June 12, 2023, 02:40:43 PMApologies for the late reply.
No worries
QuoteI still hear these as I had before. I kept m66/68 down an octave to make it build more gradually to m72. I also adjusted m68 a bit.
Relistened again and think we are talking about different instruments. It almost sounds like there's two flutes at m66, m70 and m72 along with the string instrument at m69 for instance.

Here's how I hear m70 though:
Spoiler
[close]
, which is also how m66 is (but down an octave as you have). note beat 4.0 sounds like they share the same pitch. I guess you could keep as is but I feel like some of the notes currently present are not as prominent as others, and it does sound a little empty.

I'm not hearing the beat 3.0 C in m72 additionally.

I think that's all I've got

Static

Combed over m65-72 again and made some changes.

For m66, I kept it the same. I still don't hear it as you have written.
m70, I do hear some additional notes, but different ones than what you have.
m72, I'm still hearing the C on beat 3.

I do agree it sounded a bit empty before though, so I added some additional notes in other places that I'm hearing extra notes in. Let me know what you think.

Kricketune54

Your changes were for more places than I was talking about as far as feeling empty (primarily meant m66, 70 beat 3-4 because it sounded like two instruments when only one was represented), but they do look and sound good, I like the added punchiness of m69 and m71. Still not exactly hearing the notes in either m66 or m70 beat 3-4, but I do tend to have issues hearing high pitched instruments. Accepted

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Kricketune54.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot