Yugi's Halloween Sheet

Started by Yugi, October 04, 2022, 05:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

hello!

pretty sure I uploaded it to the dropbox folder/did the stuff correct but tell me if I missed something

but anyway since Finale Notepad is still incredibly limited even ten years later here are some things I need help with, if that's okay:
  • This piece is in D flat major, though I didn't figure this part out until it became wayyy too late to change it without requiring me to start the whole thing over again. iirc Actual Finale lets you change the key without transposing all the notes either up or down so if someone could help out that'd be great.
  • Everything in the treble clef is meant to be an octave up but unfortunately 8va isn't a setting on Finale Notepad and actually putting all the notes where they're meant to be would make all the note stems look even worse than they currently do
  • All the text like the arrangement title/composer/arranger/game title I moved up more than is probably normal mostly so that none of it got stuck inside the note stems
  • Playability might be an issue? I put everything I could hear in but that results in, like, four separate components in the piece which is probably too much to do with two hands. Was thinking of adding a performance note or something saying 'hey, don't play the absolute top part once the melody comes in' though wouldn't mind advice on this front and stuff
  • this is the first time I've written/arranged music in five years, plz be gentle

Also just one more thing: there seems to be some conflicting reports on what the song's name so I figured I'd say I chose "Vacant Room" as the name of the piece due to how that appears on the official soundtrack (even if I do prefer "More Rooms"), and picked the copyright date as 2002 rather than 1996 because this wikia page says it got put in during the 2002 rerelease. if there's anything incorrect here I'll be happy to fix it!

Bloop

This is quite the hard piece to arrange for the reason you mentioned yourself in your "playability" issue: as it is, no two layers in the R.H. are possible to play at the same time. The voice you have in layer 3 is actually the only voice that should be an octave up, but then still it's not possible to play it with another voice at the same time. We don't think it's going to be feasible to try and get this piece into shape for this project, because it's going to take a lot of work to make this either playable or presentable. I'd suggest choosing another less complex piece to arrange for this project, and working on this either in submissions or on your own. Let me know if you have any questions!

Yugi

Noted! I sadly don't really have anything to replace this with so I'll probably dip out here and then submit this via regular submissions at a later date.

Bloop

That's alright! Then I'll move this to the archive ^^