News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[3DS] Tomodachi Life - "Letter" by Code_Name_Geek

Started by Zeta, January 21, 2023, 11:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Tomodachi Life
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Letter
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Code_Name_Geek

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on January 21, 2023, 11:28:37 AMThis is kind of a surprise hit since I did it on a whim after seeing it on the requests board, but I really enjoyed it. Transcribing the arpeggios in the guitar went a lot more smoothly than similar parts have gone in the past, so it's also partly a marker of progress. But mostly I find this one is the most fun to actually play, so that's why I've chosen it for my favourite.[/spoiler]
I like this piece a lot too and will definitely be playing it after we finish reviewing ^^ good job on this one!

Some feedback, all fairly small things:
- I definitely suggest a pedal indication for this piece!
- I'd recommend placing the rubato text direction all the way at the beginning of the piece either in the tempo marking or somewhere around the pickup to denote it applies to the whole piece. It's alright where it is right now, but a bit ambiguous if it could just apply to the first full measure or some section of indeterminate length starting there.
- The G# in m. 7 should be an A
- The right hand in measure 9 and 20 would be better in two layers to keep the guitar melody visibly separate from the high strings that come in.
- Getting this for m. 14-15, different LH for 14 and some different harmonies for this part:
  - Besides the note changes, note that the chord in the second half of m. 15 should stem down
You cannot view this attachment.
- m. 16 sounds like it could just stay in 4/4 with the half notes being written as dotted half notes instead?
- The A's in m. 20 beat 3.5/4.5 should be C instead of A.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on January 29, 2023, 03:08:11 PMI like this piece a lot too and will definitely be playing it after we finish reviewing ^^ good job on this one!
Thank you!! :)

Quote from: Latios212 on January 29, 2023, 03:08:11 PM- I definitely suggest a pedal indication for this piece!
Oh yeah, I think I meant to add con pedale at the beginning and forgot. Done now!

Quote from: Latios212 on January 29, 2023, 03:08:11 PM- I'd recommend placing the rubato text direction all the way at the beginning of the piece either in the tempo marking or somewhere around the pickup to denote it applies to the whole piece. It's alright where it is right now, but a bit ambiguous if it could just apply to the first full measure or some section of indeterminate length starting there.
That makes sense. I like the idea of putting it in the tempo marking so that's what I did.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 29, 2023, 03:08:11 PM- The G# in m. 7 should be an A
- The right hand in measure 9 and 20 would be better in two layers to keep the guitar melody visibly separate from the high strings that come in.
Both of these are fixed.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 29, 2023, 03:08:11 PM- Getting this for m. 14-15, different LH for 14 and some different harmonies for this part:
  - Besides the note changes, note that the chord in the second half of m. 15 should stem down
That sounds good to me so done.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 29, 2023, 03:08:11 PM- m. 16 sounds like it could just stay in 4/4 with the half notes being written as dotted half notes instead?
- The A's in m. 20 beat 3.5/4.5 should be C instead of A.
-Yeah I think you're right. Did that and also took out the rit./a tempo since changing that makes it in time.
-Also fixed.

That should be it! Thanks for taking a look :)

Latios212

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on January 29, 2023, 08:21:15 PMThat should be it! Thanks for taking a look :)
Awesome, changes look great! Just one thing, don't forget to flip the top tie in m. 15 up. Will approve ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on January 30, 2023, 09:15:50 AMAwesome, changes look great! Just one thing, don't forget to flip the top tie in m. 15 up. Will approve ^^
Done!

Libera

Looks great, just two little things from me:

-The low C in bar 15 sounds like a G to me (i.e. a fifth up).
-I think from a voicing point of view it would make more sense to write bar 11 like this:
Spoiler
[close]
This matches up with bar 14 so is a little more consistent.

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Libera on February 18, 2023, 04:42:22 AMLooks great, just two little things from me:

-The low C in bar 15 sounds like a G to me (i.e. a fifth up).
-I think from a voicing point of view it would make more sense to write bar 11 like this:
Spoiler
[close]
This matches up with bar 14 so is a little more consistent.
Done!

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot