News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[N64] GoldenEye 007 - "Byelomorye Dam" (Replacement) by XiaoMigros

Started by Zeta, March 18, 2023, 09:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: GoldenEye 007
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Byelomorye Dam
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: XiaoMigros

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kricketune54

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, I had looked at the notes quite awhile ago when you first posted this to the replacement thread and I don't have anything to add in that regard.

- Don't forget some sort of credit for the James Bond theme
- For the LH you could mark the 8va with a dotted line and put simile after a couple bars or so, that way you can hide most of it (which would give copyright at bottom of first page more space, for example) like this screenshot
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
- There's no second ending marker like there is for the first, this should be at m51 because it looks a little confusing otherwise to not have it
- m39 and m42 I know this is defaulting this way but the bottom ties in the RH could be flipped here? Would look a bit better
- last measure I think you could put a staccato on LH beat 2.5

Great job on this replacement, I don't think I have anything else to add from here

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 10, 2023, 10:13:46 AM- For the LH you could mark the 8va with a dotted line and put simile after a couple bars or so, that way you can hide most of it (which would give copyright at bottom of first page more space, for example)
I agree that it would save space, but I prefer having a consistent marking throughout (it's easier to read imo).
Good point with getting too close to the copyright text though, I readjusted the spacing on the first page.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 10, 2023, 10:13:46 AM- I think you could put a staccato on LH beat 2.5
Is there a particular measure you're referring to? Most of the LH's beat 2.5s do have staccatos on them.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on April 10, 2023, 10:13:46 AMGreat job on this replacement, I don't think I have anything else to add from here
Thanks! Thanks also for taking the time to look over it. Everything else should be addressed :)

Kricketune54

Quote from: XiaoMigros on April 10, 2023, 12:04:24 PMI agree that it would save space, but I prefer having a consistent marking throughout (it's easier to read imo).Good point with getting too close to the copyright text though, I readjusted the spacing on the first page.
Okay, I figured it probably is easier with the 8va continuously written out than trying to remember

Quote from: XiaoMigrosIs there a particular measure you're referring to? Most of the LH's beat 2.5s do have staccatos on them.
clarified over Discord, meant the last measure of the track.

Approved

Bloop

Three maybes apparently, nice track!

-Maybe you could give some differences in dynamics in this sheet: for example, the sections at m1 and m19 seem pretty forte-y, while others like m7 and 35 seem a bit more mezzo-forte-y
-m33: Maybe you could restrike the G and E in the R.H. here, as the notes might have faded out a bit too much compared to the other voices by this point. Same thing in m45 and 49
-Maybe this is an interesting alternate take on the repeats in page 3:
Spoiler
[close]
It saves repeat bars in m31-34, and the shorter first ending possibly makes it easier to skip to the next section

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Bloop on April 16, 2023, 11:27:16 AM-Maybe you could give some differences in dynamics in this sheet: for example, the sections at m1 and m19 seem pretty forte-y, while others like m7 and 35 seem a bit more mezzo-forte-y
Added some in

Quote from: Bloop on April 16, 2023, 11:27:16 AM-m33: Maybe you could restrike the G and E in the R.H. here, as the notes might have faded out a bit too much compared to the other voices by this point. Same thing in m45 and 49
I orginally restruck every note in the chord for the fade reason, but this is a nice inbetween version. updated

Quote from: Bloop on April 16, 2023, 11:27:16 AM-Maybe this is an interesting alternate take on the repeats in page 3:
This looks more navigable, I like it :p also updated

Bloop

The repeat symbols at m31-34 should be left out, since the repeat is now in m35-38. Aside from that all looks good!

XiaoMigros

Oops, those definitely shouldn't be there. Fixed!

I also removed a tie in m48 to restrike the strings part similar to previously in the sheet.

Bloop

Awesome, then I'll accept!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot