Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby Slide
Console: Nintendo e-Reader
Title: In-Game & Puzzle Cleared
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

This feels like a waste of a submission slot, but I'm doing this for you, NinSheetMusic. Every Kirby game counts, even this anomaly.

Couldn't find a video with the music alone, so I'm pasting the link to a longplay instead. "In-Game" starts at 0:21 and "Puzzle Cleared" plays at 2:18.

Some things to note here:

- the key center isn't entirely clear for "In-Game," so I went keyless, but for "Puzzle Cleared," I've identified it as B-flat major
- no, I'm not sure about the notation of the cross-stave triplet in "Puzzle Cleared," but it's certainly easier to play as an alternative
- sources I've found indicate that Nintendo of America slapped together this little minigame; makes sense, given the obvious low production value
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

Wow, I can't believe you arranged a game's entire soundtrack!

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 29, 2023, 12:07:53 PM- the key center isn't entirely clear for "In-Game," so I went keyless
This is fine, it sounds almost like cbat lmao

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 29, 2023, 12:07:53 PM- no, I'm not sure about the notation of the cross-stave triplet in "Puzzle Cleared," but it's certainly easier to play as an alternative
This is a smart decision for playability! Usually cross-staff tuplets like this are easiest to read when placed above the stave, like so:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

• For 'In-Game', I wonder if you could incorporate the percussion into the LH somehow to make the arrangement a little more full? I also question the need to hide the second staff, but you're welcome to leave it hidden if that's what you prefer
  • If you want, you can give both tracks here their own full title and subtitle:
    Quote from: G-Han on April 28, 2008, 05:26:18 AMFor collections containing three or fewer songs, you may either format the arrangement the way previously mentioned OR create an additional header for each song. These added headers must include the song title and game title with the standard formatting procedures. Only include additional composer/arranger information if it differs between songs. If it is too long to include all of the song titles (each separated with a "/"), a generic compilation title may be used for on-site purposes only. Here in an example of this style of formatting
    Might help fill up the page a little, but this, too, is entirely optional

XiaoMigros

Also, there's a little jingle that plays at 2:16 in the video, thoughts on including that?

LeviR.star

Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 29, 2023, 12:46:57 PMWow, I can't believe you arranged a game's entire soundtrack!

Yeah, it took a lot out of me. Glad to be done tho 8)

Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 29, 2023, 12:46:57 PMThis is a smart decision for playability! Usually cross-staff tuplets like this are easiest to read when placed above the stave, like so:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
  • For 'In-Game', I wonder if you could incorporate the percussion into the LH somehow to make the arrangement a little more full? I also question the need to hide the second staff, but you're welcome to leave it hidden if that's what you prefer
  • If you want, you can give both tracks here their own full title and subtitle: Might help fill up the page a little, but this, too, is entirely optional

- yeah, that looks better to me. Took me a couple minutes to get the tuplet to cooperate, but it's fixed now
- that's a good idea, Xiao; tell you what, I'll add some cross noteheads, special instructions, and a hidden drum set line to the MIDI playback
- mmm, I see. While I don't think it's all that useful here, given how short each track is, how about I change the title of the sheet as a compromise?

Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 29, 2023, 12:55:12 PMAlso, there's a little jingle that plays at 2:16 in the video, thoughts on including that?

Eh, to me it's more of a sound effect, and not exactly a straightforward one to write out, either. In other cases, like my old arcade game compilation sheets, I would include SFX, but it's a bit more complicated here. I dropped the octave and slowed it down, the twinkling sounds more like a bunch of random tones to me. Sure, there's probably some unusual way to notate it, but I don't think it's worth it, personally. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Files are updated, with the new sheet title (if there are any objections to this, let me know).

Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 29, 2023, 12:46:57 PMThis is fine, it sounds almost like cbat lmao

Wtf, it does. I should try to make it into a SiIvaGunner rip...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

XiaoMigros

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 29, 2023, 03:57:54 PMEh, to me it's more of a sound effect, and not exactly a straightforward one to write out, either.
That's fair, I just wanted to check..

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 29, 2023, 03:57:54 PMWtf, it does. I should try to make it into a SiIvaGunner rip...
you're welcome

The other changes look good (I think the title is fine), I approve

Static

Looks good, nothing to say on the music side of things. For the triplet in Puzzle Cleared, you could put all the notes in both hands. Since it's so short and simple, it can be played with multiple fingers on the same key without that much extra difficulty. Sounds fine either way though.

Also, what are your thoughts on a new e-Reader console tag for e-Reader exclusives, similar to the FDS, BS-X, and 64DD? That way you wouldn't need the add-on name in the game title. I'm still talking about it with the updaters, but it's something we'd be able to add whenever we (Latios) gets the chance.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on June 19, 2023, 10:49:00 AMLooks good, nothing to say on the music side of things. For the triplet in Puzzle Cleared, you could put all the notes in both hands. Since it's so short and simple, it can be played with multiple fingers on the same key without that much extra difficulty. Sounds fine either way though.

Also, what are your thoughts on a new e-Reader console tag for e-Reader exclusives, similar to the FDS, BS-X, and 64DD? That way you wouldn't need the add-on name in the game title. I'm still talking about it with the updaters, but it's something we'd be able to add whenever we (Latios) gets the chance.

With your approval, I'll happily change it back to how it was before the cross-stave figure. If you say it's mangeable, that's good enough for me.

As for a new e-Reader console tag, I would be in favor of that. I didn't want to bother the staff with the new tag just so I could submit this, because it's currently my only e-Reader sheet out of exactly 500 total arrangements. But if it's not too much trouble, I would appreciate having it added to the list; I imagine something like [e-RDR] would work well, if I could make a suggestion.

Files have been updated.

Static

Looks good to me, accepted.

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 19, 2023, 03:01:17 PMAs for a new e-Reader console tag, I would be in favor of that. I didn't want to bother the staff with the new tag just so I could submit this, because it's currently my only e-Reader sheet out of exactly 500 total arrangements. But if it's not too much trouble, I would appreciate having it added to the list; I imagine something like [e-RDR] would work well, if I could make a suggestion.
Before I accept though, we'll get back to you later on this. I don't think there was an abbreviation Nintendo used for the e-Reader unfortunately, but I think just [e-Reader] works fine enough.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on June 26, 2023, 01:21:45 PMI don't think there was an abbreviation Nintendo used for the e-Reader unfortunately, but I think just [e-Reader] works fine enough.

Either [e-RDR] or [e-Reader] works fine, the latter seems a bit too long but I'm sure the staff will come to the right decision.

Latios212

Discussed briefly among updaters and without a strong preference for the abbreviation I'll just set it to [e-Reader] for now since any shorter options seem kind of odd/unclear as there isn't really any commonly used abbreviation. I updated the game info and removed (e-Reader) from the title accordingly.

If this all looks good, I'll leave it up to Static to click the accept button!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

The button will now be clicked, thanks for making those changes Latios

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot