Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby Super Star
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Heart of Nova
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

EDIT: Just noticed some overlapping notes in m. 13 - 15, I'll add some parentheses to a few of the RH notes after the first batch of feedback.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

cashwarrior1

wait i forgot how crazy this track is.

for measure 8 in the last 2 bars there's a lower harmony I think could be playable with the left hand (might have to put the last note in the left hand so the right hand can get the chromatic)

Also in measure 26 there's a lower harmony on beat 4 that could also be put in the left hand.

insert dank memes here

LeviR.star

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 29, 2023, 07:44:51 PMwait i forgot how crazy this track is.

It's a doozy all right :P

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 29, 2023, 07:44:51 PM-for measure 8 in the last 2 bars there's a lower harmony I think could be playable with the left hand (might have to put the last note in the left hand so the right hand can get the chromatic)
-Also in measure 26 there's a lower harmony on beat 4 that could also be put in the left hand.

See, while I really do appreciate you finding the time to point this out, these notes were not omitted neglectfully. To play those dyads in sync with both hands at this tempo is one thing, but including the harmony under the latter figure is impossible, due to the LH having to jump all the way down in the for the next measure span of a 16th note (that's less than one 10th of a second). I'll wait for an updater's opinion on this before I outright dismiss it, but I don't think implementing this material is practical.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 29, 2023, 07:44:51 PMinsert dank memes here

Don't worry, I'll get around to arranging "Kirby's Triumphant Return" eventually... the site needs it, after all.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Bloop

Nice job on this sheet! I mostly have some playability and arrangement things to mention:
-m3 and 7: Jumping down from the high Db at the end of the previous measure to the power chord here is pretty hard at this speed: maybe you can leave out the bottom F in beat 1, so the hand can stay in the same range?
-m8:
Quote from: LeviR.star on August 01, 2023, 09:01:02 PMI'll wait for an updater's opinion on this before I outright dismiss it, but I don't think implementing this material is practical.
It's definitely unplayable to put the extra notes in as is, but maybe this is a solution to approach different sound?
You cannot view this attachment.
Bad formatting, but just to get the idea across ^^ You can do something similar at m26 as well, adding just a lower note + pedal to change the sound compared to the previous runs.
-m9: Maybe you can cross-staff some notes from beat 2 (or 2.25 (or 2.5)) on to the L.H., so the R.H. has time to jump up to the high Bb? Also, do you think writing all Gb's here as F#'s might look a bit more intuitive? That way you can write the Abb's as just normal Gn's (they won't need the natural), and the mordent in m16 may make a bit more sense as well.
-m10: Do you think a "con pedale" marking would help with the delay/double note effect for the R.H., also legato-fying the L.H. notes a bit? Same for m28. Make sure to put senza pedale at the correct place as well
-m19-20: This is another place where the R.H. has a very large jump to make, but what do you think of something like this as a transition:
-m23: The speed of the power chords at beat 4.5 is kinda pushing it a bit for me, especially going to m24, but maybe you could do something tremolo-like like this:
The contrary motion makes it a little bit easier for the pianist to play, since they can use the same fingers in both hands.
-m27-28: Going from the R.H. 16th run in m27 to the L.H. triplet run in m28 feels a bit uncomfortable to me, but I think the R.H. can take the high Bb on beat 4.75 to give the L.H. some time for the jump
-m35: The jump to the 16th run at beat 3, as well as the change of position for the R.H. on the repeat (especially for the thumb) both seem pretty hard. For the jump to beat 3 you can have the L.H. play the first couple of notes, for the repeat you could make the lower F at m1 optional on repeat.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Bloop on August 15, 2023, 03:20:29 AM-m3 and 7: Jumping down from the high Db at the end of the previous measure to the power chord here is pretty hard at this speed: maybe you can leave out the bottom F in beat 1, so the hand can stay in the same range?
-m8: It's definitely unplayable to put the extra notes in as is, but maybe this is a solution to approach different sound?
[image]
Bad formatting, but just to get the idea across ^^ You can do something similar at m26 as well, adding just a lower note + pedal to change the sound compared to the previous runs.
-m9: Maybe you can cross-staff some notes from beat 2 (or 2.25 (or 2.5)) on to the L.H., so the R.H. has time to jump up to the high Bb? Also, do you think writing all Gb's here as F#'s might look a bit more intuitive? That way you can write the Abb's as just normal Gn's (they won't need the natural), and the mordent in m16 may make a bit more sense as well.
-m10: Do you think a "con pedale" marking would help with the delay/double note effect for the R.H., also legato-fying the L.H. notes a bit? Same for m28. Make sure to put senza pedale at the correct place as well
-m19-20: This is another place where the R.H. has a very large jump to make, but what do you think of something like this as a transition:
[image]
-m23: The speed of the power chords at beat 4.5 is kinda pushing it a bit for me, especially going to m24, but maybe you could do something tremolo-like like this:
[image]
The contrary motion makes it a little bit easier for the pianist to play, since they can use the same fingers in both hands.
-m27-28: Going from the R.H. 16th run in m27 to the L.H. triplet run in m28 feels a bit uncomfortable to me, but I think the R.H. can take the high Bb on beat 4.75 to give the L.H. some time for the jump
-m35: The jump to the 16th run at beat 3, as well as the change of position for the R.H. on the repeat (especially for the thumb) both seem pretty hard. For the jump to beat 3 you can have the L.H. play the first couple of notes, for the repeat you could make the lower F at m1 optional on repeat.

- I'll mark those F's with parentheses so the player knows to omit them if necessary (which will undoubtedly be the case)
- mmm, I dunno, I get the feeling writing it this way to incorporate the lower part complicates things a bit too much for my liking. Thank you for the suggestion, though
- I think it'd be a good idea to move the last four 16ths of that bar move to the left hand. Can you please specify which region you'd like me to change to F-sharps? I'm not entirely sure which measures you mean by "here"
- y'know, that's a swell idea, I must say. I'll place the pedale markings in the appropriate spots
- another good idea, I'll use that transition
- I had a feeling this would be a good thing to try, but I figured I'd wait to see what the updaters thought. Consider it done
- just so I understand what this feedback means, do you read the line connecting beat 3 of the LH into beat 4 of the RH? It's my way of conveying that the LH is playing the 16ths pattern so that the RH has time to jump upwards, but if there's a better way to write this out, please let me know
- tell you what, I'll do some cross-staving in a similar manner to m. 9, except reversed. That should fix it, right?

I'll update the files once I hear your thoughts on these points. Thanks, Bloop!

Bloop

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 16, 2023, 06:24:57 PMCan you please specify which region you'd like me to change to F-sharps? I'm not entirely sure which measures you mean by "here"
Oh whoops should've specified that, I meant m10-19

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 16, 2023, 06:24:57 PM- just so I understand what this feedback means, do you read the line connecting beat 3 of the LH into beat 4 of the RH? It's my way of conveying that the LH is playing the 16ths pattern so that the RH has time to jump upwards, but if there's a better way to write this out, please let me know
Yeah with "R.H." I actually meant the top staff. Making it visual:
This is the only feasable way to play this section I think, but using 2-3-4-5 in m28 is very uncomfortable. Leaving the Bb at beat 4.75 in the R.H. makes it a bit easier, as the L.H. has more time to go to the G and the R.H. jump to the cluster chords is a bit easier.

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 16, 2023, 06:24:57 PM- tell you what, I'll do some cross-staving in a similar manner to m. 9, except reversed. That should fix it, right?
Ah yeah, that works too, if the R.H. starts playing at the Fn at beat 4.25: taking the pinky there places the R.H. in the correct position.

LeviR.star

Okay, I did all that, thanks for the clarification! Files are updated.

Bloop

Nice, I'll approve!

Latios212

Nice work making sense of this piece! This looks pretty solid, just one thing I have to mention I think. In the last section (m. 28-35) I hear the whole left hand part inverted up once. (So like m. 28+ using the range of Bn to Bn instead of G to G, and similar for m. 32+)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on September 03, 2023, 01:43:26 PMIn the last section (m. 28-35) I hear the whole left hand part inverted up once. (So like m. 28+ using the range of Bn to Bn instead of G to G, and similar for m. 32+)

Ohhhh okay, I think I hear what you're hearing. There's a second augmented arpeggio layered on top of the first, and I had neglected to transcribe that one instead. I went ahead and auto-transposed that segment of music upwards using a handy feature. Thanks Latios, the files are updated now!

Latios212

You're welcome! It is time to accept ^^

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot