All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

whats a cool song to play??

Started by PseudoMario16, September 03, 2008, 08:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRkr7WgQ_Y4
Beethoven Pathetique Sonata Movement 3

I can play it, but only like 3/4 the speed of this guy.

me irl
[close]

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Qew on November 20, 2008, 11:09:55 PMBACH'S TOCCATA AND FUGUE IN D MINOR
BACH'S TOCCATA AND FUGUE IN D MINOR

I CAN PLAY THAT ON THE PIANO AFTER NOT PLAYING PIANO SINCE LIKE KINDERGARDEN SO IT CAN'T BE THAT HARD!!!!!
(oh BTW, use the pedal that makes the note vibrate longer and hit the key really hard for the notes that need the pedals on the organ)
Are you playing a simplified version though? The one that is considered the REALLY GOOD piano transcription is like.....REALLY hard. The toccata has a massive octave cadenza in the opening.

KefkaticFanatic

Alright so I listened to Toccata and Fugue AND THAT SONG IS AMAZING.  TONS OF CASTLEVANIA MUSIC COMES FROM IT.  IT IS GODLY.  I MUST PLAY IT.

But the only sheets I can find are organ sheets, and those aren't exactly made to work with the piano.  Did you find piano sheets somewhere?

me irl
[close]

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Gamer4250 on November 23, 2008, 07:55:25 AMAlright so I listened to Toccata and Fugue AND THAT SONG IS AMAZING.  TONS OF CASTLEVANIA MUSIC COMES FROM IT.  IT IS GODLY.  I MUST PLAY IT.

But the only sheets I can find are organ sheets, and those aren't exactly made to work with the piano.  Did you find piano sheets somewhere?
Go here.    http://store.doverpublications.com/0486408477.html      I have the book. It's excellent. It has the REALLY, REALLY good piano version. About as identical to the organ version as possible, plus a ton of other good bach stuff.

Qew

"But the only sheets I can find are organ sheets, and those aren't exactly made to work with the piano." - YEAH THEY DO!

I'm playing Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor off of the organ sheet music!!!,

it's because I use an electronic keyboard, and it feels the same as an organ keyboard (I've played an organ, it freaking rules, if I master this song, I'm soo gonna get back in that organ box to play this) except that you need 2 keyboards and a pedal set :P

like I said, for the toccata, all that the feet play are like a low D to begin the chord of some bars, which on an actual piano you can hit the D really hard with that pedal that keeps the string vibrating and play the rest of the chord normally (except for some parts near the end where pedals are needed :\ I'm gonna have to wait to get back at the organ to play those)

but the fugue part is IMPOSSIBLY hard, esp when the pedals and both keyboards play.... but I love the song

"TONS OF CASTLEVANIA MUSIC COMES FROM IT." castlevania music RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

"massive octave cadenza" - not really, just play one octave with one hand on each keyboard, same for a large part of the beginning, it's all doubled an octave lower by my left hand

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Qew on November 27, 2008, 03:23:17 AM"But the only sheets I can find are organ sheets, and those aren't exactly made to work with the piano." - YEAH THEY DO!

I'm playing Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor off of the organ sheet music!!!,

it's because I use an electronic keyboard, and it feels the same as an organ keyboard (I've played an organ, it freaking rules, if I master this song, I'm soo gonna get back in that organ box to play this) except that you need 2 keyboards and a pedal set :P

like I said, for the toccata, all that the feet play are like a low D to begin the chord of some bars, which on an actual piano you can hit the D really hard with that pedal that keeps the string vibrating and play the rest of the chord normally (except for some parts near the end where pedals are needed :\ I'm gonna have to wait to get back at the organ to play those)

but the fugue part is IMPOSSIBLY hard, esp when the pedals and both keyboards play.... but I love the song

"TONS OF CASTLEVANIA MUSIC COMES FROM IT." castlevania music RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

"massive octave cadenza" - not really, just play one octave with one hand on each keyboard, same for a large part of the beginning, it's all doubled an octave lower by my left hand
And yes....I to have played Bach (Invention #13) on a full pipe organ. I'm going to take lessons soon. (As well as Violin lessons.)

Dude

TRL: Stop quoting posts directly above you. It's really annoying.

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Dude on November 29, 2008, 09:17:01 AMTRL: Stop quoting posts directly above you. It's really annoying.
Are you sure....lol. Sorry, I had to do that. I'm just so used to doing that from Nsider.

KefkaticFanatic

Nsider was full of trolls, 10 year olds, spammers, and terrible forum etiquette.  Just because you can do it there does not mean you can do it anywhere else.

Now if you want some amazing Final Fantasy piano sheets: http://www.fantasyreborn.com/sheet.html

me irl
[close]

The-Real-Link

I liked NSider. Yea, there were a lot of trolls, and spammers, and flamers, and such, but I still liked it.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

KefkaticFanatic

From gamemusicthemes.com of course.

me irl
[close]

The-Real-Link

I can't say this enough....The best piano arrangements of Final Fantasy are the Final Fantasy Piano Collections.

"'nuff said" - Stan Lee- lol

ALPRAS

2nd Piano Concerto in C minor from Rachmaninoff... its just wonderful.
Arrangements.... Super Mario Galaxy! Take some of mines if you want...

GreekGeek

Cipher Lab from Pokémon Colosseum or one of the overworld themes from Mario ;)