Series: Tales
Game: Tales of Symphonia
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Lloyd
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zeila

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zeila

- The title should be changed to just "Lloyd" as per multiple soundtrack releases (2003 | 2023). Based off of the notes in the 2003 version, Motoi Sakuraba did the character themes
- m. 15 I opted to just use octaves because I thought it would be a bit awkward to hear the A a bit earlier on beat 4. I feel like the original doesn't translate as well to piano

Bloop

-m1: I don't think it's impossible to add the C# on beat 1.5, but maybe if you kept out the A instead of the C# it'd be a bit easier to play
-m23: Maybe you could add a note on beat 4.5 (probably the D)? I see you left out the low strings rhythm for the horns here, but it might work as a little transition point back to m1.

I don't really have anything else to mention here, nice job! I changed the title for you too!

Zeila

Yeah I guess I was being a bit conservative with the exclusion of the C#. It also wasn't very consistent with the last measure, so I just added the C# in measures 1/9 without removing the A. Adding a D on beat 4.5 of the last measure was a good suggestion too, thanks! The files should be updated, and thanks for fixing the name as well :3

Bloop

Awesome, I'll approve!
You cannot view this attachment.

Latios212

Looking good, just a few small things to comment on!
- The high A in the bass on beat 1 of m. 7 and 15 feels a bit out of place. Thoughts about lowering it an octave (and adjusting the offbeat chords accordingly, similar to m. 1)?
- Have you considered writing in the lower layer E (perhaps as an overlapping hollow notehead) in m. 10 beat 3? It's odd to visually see the lower layer drop out here but nowhere else.
- m. 15 last two beats should be flipped downwards since there's nothing under it
- I'm hearing this at the end:
I'm not sure if anything is playing distinctly on beat 2.25 at all, but beat 2 definitely sounds like a C to me.

Also, I actually think it's nicer without the final D in the left hand at the end, but no issues if you'd prefer to keep it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Quote from: Latios212 on September 03, 2023, 02:03:58 PMLooking good, just a few small things to comment on!
- The high A in the bass on beat 1 of m. 7 and 15 feels a bit out of place. Thoughts about lowering it an octave (and adjusting the offbeat chords accordingly, similar to m. 1)?
Thanks for the suggestion! I changed those portions to be just like the first chord group of measure 1

Quote from: Latios212 on September 03, 2023, 02:03:58 PM- Have you considered writing in the lower layer E (perhaps as an overlapping hollow notehead) in m. 10 beat 3? It's odd to visually see the lower layer drop out here but nowhere else.
Sure

Quote from: Latios212 on September 03, 2023, 02:03:58 PM- m. 15 last two beats should be flipped downwards since there's nothing under it
Good catch, I flipped the upper tie as well

Quote from: Latios212 on September 03, 2023, 02:03:58 PM- I'm hearing this at the end:
[snip~]
I'm not sure if anything is playing distinctly on beat 2.25 at all, but beat 2 definitely sounds like a C to me.
I changed beat 2 to an eighth note C since I don't really hear anything from the flute voice on beat 2.25 anymore. I also put a staccato on the notehead side rather than stem side

Quote from: Latios212 on September 03, 2023, 02:03:58 PMAlso, I actually think it's nicer without the final D in the left hand at the end, but no issues if you'd prefer to keep it.
I think I'll just leave it in at this point

Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully that's everything

Latios212

All looks good to me, let's get this replacement in! Thanks for doing it :D

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot