News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Kirby's Epic Yarn, Toy Tracks

Started by VRGM, August 01, 2023, 04:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VRGM

Hello !

My kids started playing Kirby's Epic Yarn this summer, and I enjoyed many songs from this game. I discovered Ninsheetmusic a few weeks back, and I'm very pleased I did. I found the current pdf for Toy Tracks here very nice to play. However, my kid is 8 and can't play some of the notes because his hands are too small. I decided to take a swing at re-writing this sheet for him, and I ended up enjoying it.

I based my work on MasterSuperFan's Toy Tracks. I just asked him for permission in pm (waiting for an anwser). I don't know how to reach Nintendo, for copyright permission of (what I think is) fair use.

Here is my easier version of Toy Tracks from Kirby's Epic Yarn on Wii, 2010

My goal was to create something easy enough for my kid to play after learning the piano for a year.
The software I used is Lilypond + Frescobaldi : I didn't know at the time Finale was standard here. As this is my first ever (re)arrangement, I'm likely to make some newbee mistakes. Any help / feedback is appreciated.

Thanks and have a good day,
VRGM

Kricketune54

Hi, welcome to NinSheetMusic!

This looks like a nice rewrite of the track for a beginner performance, the left hand isn't very demanding to read, there are fingering guides, and it all fits onto one page. If your kid is familiar with dynamics, it might be worth putting a mezzo forte (mf) on the sheet at the start.

As far as crediting mastersuperfan, I think you might be being too generous in your credit to him haha, only because looking at your two sheets, I can see it is based off of it, but he didn't outright make the arrangement you have. Maybe change the credit to "based off an arrangement by mastersuperfan", but feel free to credit yourself in someway also.

I'm actually not familiar with the notation software you mentioned, but most people use Finale or the free version and very limited, Finale NotePad along with MuseScore (by converting MuseScore files into Finale). This standard is due to the fact the site had kind of zeroed down to just Finale files, plus PDF's based off that file and a midi as well. Both Finale NotePad and MuseScore are free, but the process of getting a MuseScore sheet to be a Finale one is a bit quirky to say the least, but thankfully there are guides that community members have made to make it work.

mastersuperfan

Hi VRGM, thanks for reaching out! I'm glad to hear that my sheet was helpful to you and your son - I'm happy with you resharing the work with the way you've credited it now.

Cheers and let me know if you have any other questions!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.