News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWG CXV Host Sign Ups

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 07, 2023, 12:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who gaem (for real this time)

BlackDragonSlayer
2 (66.7%)
TheZeldaPianist275
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: August 16, 2023, 12:08:30 AM

BlackDragonSlayer

Post the games you wanna host here! Games should ideally be balanced for 6-10 players (though games on the larger side should potentially be balanced to allow for fewer players if necessary).

Hosts:
1. BlackDragonSlayer
2. E. Gadd Industries
3. TheZeldaPianist275
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

TWG: Just a Numbers Game

To some, it's just another day at the office. To others... every day is a life and death struggle to try and slog through another grueling day at work. But today... something's different. Today, nine people wake up in an empty office, tied to chairs in a circle facing away from all the others. There's one rule to the game: pick a number, any number.

Wolves:
1. Head Honcho: Every night, the Head Honcho picks a number between 0 and 100 by PM'ing the host with their selection. Every night, all the other players PM the host a number between 0 and 100. Whoever's number is closest to the number the Head Honcho picks dies. In case of a tie, all tied players die. People who do not pick a number (including the Head Honcho) have their number randomized.

Humans:
2. Number Cruncher
3. Number Cruncher
4. Number Cruncher
5. Number Cruncher
6. Number Cruncher
7. Number Cruncher
8. Number Cruncher

Third Party:
9. The Phantom Number Swapper: Counts as a Human. Every night, in addition to picking their own number, they select one player. The Phantom Number Swapper picks a NEW number for that person, and if they are human, that is their selected number for wolfing purposes. Wins if someone is wolfed as a result of their shenanigans—either if the person who's number they swapped is wolfed, or if someone else is wolfed because of the number swap—or if they are the last Human alive. Can win with either team.

Host Clarifications:
(any mechanics clarifications will be added here if necessary. Feel free to ask questions!)

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

TWG: The Legend of Gadd: Breath of the Mild

"Gadd... Gadd... You are the light... OUR light... that must shine upon Hyrule once again... Now go."

It has been approximately one week since our hero, Gadd, last left the Great Plateau. After enduring countless torture from Octoroks, rain, Moblins, rain, Wizzrobes, and more rain, he finally reached the great region of Gerudo. Having been instructed by a mysterious voice and a lady named Impa, he departed in the direction of the desert to speak with the Gerudo people. "They will help you in your journey," Lady Impa had said, also pointing to three other people groups who would also ultimately help him in stopping the treacherous calamity that had befallen the land one hundred years prior. Little did Gadd know, though... there were certain people who didn't want his success to be realized...

WOLVES:
1. Master Kohga
Master Kohga is the Master Wolf and is seer'd as green. For one day phase of their choice, they can have their lynch vote count twice.

2. Yiga Footsoldier
The Yiga Footsoldier is a normal wolf and works with Master Kohga.

TOWN:
3. Lady Impa
 Lady Impa is a seer. Each night, they can DM the host a participant's name, and they will receive the player's role color.

4. Champion Urbosa
Champion Urbosa is a modified vigilante (vigi). Each night, they can DM the host a participant's name, and that player will either be protected or die at the end of the night, at Urbosa's specification.

5. The Goddess Hylia
The Goddess Hylia is a dreaming god who, during each night phase, must use one of their six powers. They will not know the function of each power, just the name. Once they have used a power, they cannot reuse said power.

6. Hylian No. 44
Hylian No. 44 is a normal townsperson. Yay.

7. Hylian No. 93
Hylian No. 93 is a normal townsperson. Yay.

8. Hylian No. 107
Hylian No. 107 is a normal townsperson. Yay.

THIRD PARTY:
9. Yellow Wizzrobe
The Yellow Wizzrobe is a third party that wins neither with town nor wolves. One night only, they may summon a thunderstorm that nullifies all other special roles and wolves and kills the bearer of the woodcutter's axe. They may also learn the identity of the bearer of the woodcutter's axe twice at any point during the game.

WIN CONDITIONS
Wolves win when the number of town equals the number of wolves.
Town wins when all the wolves are dead.
Yellow Wizzrobe wins if, when they activate their power, they kill a wolf. Should they fail that, the Yellow Wizzrobe must be the last non-wolf alive to secure victory.

WOODCUTTER'S AXE
One random person starts out with the woodcutter's axe. The item itself does nothing, but each night, the bearer of the woodcutter's axe may choose to pass the axe on to any player of their choice at any time during the night phase. The only people aware of the change when it happens will be the giver and recipient. When the Yellow Wizzrobe activates their power, the bearer of the woodcutter's axe will die at the end of the night phase when the lightning storm strikes.

LOGISTICAL RULES:
1. Unless otherwise stated, direct communication between players is allowed outside of the thread. The host must be added to each conversation, however.

2. Due to the complexity of this game, the default phase lengths will be 24 hours for night phases and 48 hours for day phases. The game will start on a night phase.

3. Actions will be prioritized in order of what happens in realtime, with the exception of vigi protections.

I like BDS's idea, so I will use this space for host clarifications as well:
•The Yellow Wizzrobe counts toward human numbers, but does not win with the humans. They have their own win condition.
The Goddess Hylia's powers vary widely in effect, some targeting specific individuals, others impacting the flow of the game as a whole. And to re-emphasize: power use is mandatory for this role.
•To clarify, the Yellow Wizzrobe only gets one shot to use their lightning strike, and if they miss, the bearer of the woodcutter's axe will still die (regardless of role) at the end of the night phase, and the Yellow Wizzrobe will then have to make it as the last non-wolf role to survive. All other powers are nullified (including wolves) during the night phase that the storm is activated.
•Two Hylians have been added for balancing sake and also to match the other two game setups.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 07, 2023, 01:02:46 PMTWG: The Legend of Gadd: Breath of the Mild
Does the Yellow Wizzrobe count toward the human numbers? With the current numbers (assuming the Yellow Wizzrobe doesn't count toward human numbers), I feel like the game isn't balanced for two wolves, considering that the game could very well be over after a single lynch.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

Yes! The Wizzrobe counts toward human numbers but doesn't win with humans. Will add that clarification. It would also be nice if we got more than 7 players for this ::)

Also, I added some clarification on The Goddess Hylia's role. Tried to make a bulleted list but can't remember how to do that here >:/
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

TheZeldaPianist275

good grief is that yellow text impossible to read E. Gadd

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 07, 2023, 02:04:28 PMgood grief is that yellow text impossible to read E. Gadd
There's a reason why people usually use orange instead :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

BDS your game sounds really fun O:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

A# Minor

How am I ever gonna be able to pick one of these?? Both of them sound so good O_O
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

BlackDragonSlayer

Should we set a deadline for hosts submitting their games? Maybe EoD Friday, then the vote can run until EoD Sunday?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

That would be great. Is anyone planning on submitting other than me? I have a game that I definitely need to work out some balancing issues with, but I don't think I'll need till Friday for that.

ThatHiddenCharacter

I would because I also have a few game ideas I'd like to run here, but I really want to actually play in a game, so I shall abstain this time.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 07, 2023, 01:02:46 PMWOODCUTTER'S AXE
One random person starts out with the woodcutter's axe. The item itself does nothing, but each night, the bearer of the woodcutter's axe may choose to pass the axe on to any player of their choice at any time during the night phase. The only people aware of the change when it happens will be the giver and recipient. When the Yellow Wizzrobe activates their power, the bearer of the woodcutter's axe will die at the end of the night phase when the lightning storm strikes.

Question about this, E. Gadd. Once the lightning storm is activated, if the Wizzrobe missed, hasnt he lost his one chance to win the game? Does he die if he misses?

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 08, 2023, 12:10:42 PMQuestion about this, E. Gadd. Once the lightning storm is activated, if the Wizzrobe missed, hasnt he lost his one chance to win the game? Does he die if he misses?
Excellent questions! So, I originally had it to where the Wizzrobe just loses if they miss, but I could see how that might be unsatisfying. I don't think they should die for missing, but I'm not sure if there should be given multiple chances. Others can weigh in, otherwise I'll be keeping it as such. No death for missing, but, in the wise words of the character [4th Wall Break] from the hit game OneShot, "You only have one shot, <insert your name here for spooky effect>."

EDIT: Having run this game before, it really stank bc the person with that role died N1 :(
To give an idea, the wolves won that game bc everyone was highly inactive.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]