XiaoMigros' "Too Hot To Handle" Project Sheets

Started by XiaoMigros, August 10, 2023, 04:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kricketune54

Alright, well this sheet looks ready to go, so will accept World 8

XiaoMigros

Latios212

Poolside Rest

Thorough check incoming! Very nice work.

- Missing a dynamic
- LH in m. 10 plays F on beat 2.5, not beat 2
- m. 12 should be a G# instead of Ab since it's leading chromatically into the A
- I might suggest nudging systems around just a bit on page 2 to make more room for the really low notes in m. 29 - they're quite close to the staff below
- It might be a bit soft, but I think I hear an E on top of the RH chord in m. 40 beat 3.5
- m. 48 - I don't hear the LH A on beat 2.5
- I see articulations are somewhat sparse throughout the sheet aside from some staccatos and tenutos (which is totally fine) but the Ab in m. 50 could benefit from an accent
- m. 60 - I don't hear the LH G on beat 2.5
- I'm not sure the half note chord in m. 72 needs to be there. The tremolo doesn't end on a strong high C, and removing the lower notes would get rid of the overlapping ties. I don't think it's super important to denote that the chord rings out through to the next measure, but up to you
- For m. 72 I think all the LH notes besides the first one are not octaves (just the lower notes)
- Not sure why, but the accidentals at the end of m.75 are quite squished together against the notes.
- The D on beat 3 of m. 81 RH should have a C# grace note before it
- I don't think I hear the last Bb in the LH of m. 85?
- I think the Ab on beat 2.5 of m. 87 LH would sound better as G-Ab sixteenth notes
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Thanks for the feedback! Should all be covered... except

Quote from: Latios212 on October 14, 2023, 04:45:24 PM- m. 60 - I don't hear the LH G on beat 2.5
m60: the note is more delayed than usual swing but I do still hear it
m85: quite faint but I'm pretty sure it's still there

Quote from: Latios212 on October 14, 2023, 04:45:24 PM- I see articulations are somewhat sparse throughout the sheet aside from some staccatos and tenutos
Are there any other places (preferably many) that you'd recommend? I never add rogue accents to my sheets just because I'm not that great at telling where to, even if they'd be benefical..

Latios212

Nice! Before we wrap up...

The first couple things are still missing:
Quote from: Latios212 on October 14, 2023, 04:45:24 PM- Missing a dynamic
- LH in m. 10 plays F on beat 2.5, not beat 2

Quote from: Latios212 on October 14, 2023, 04:45:24 PM- m. 60 - I don't hear the LH G on beat 2.5
Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 29, 2023, 05:21:45 PMm60: the note is more delayed than usual swing but I do still hear it
m85: quite faint but I'm pretty sure it's still there
I really don't hear either of them at all, slow or fast or lowered by an octave. Mind triple checking? Either way though, they both fit musically so I won't block over it.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 29, 2023, 05:21:45 PMAre there any other places (preferably many) that you'd recommend? I never add rogue accents to my sheets just because I'm not that great at telling where to, even if they'd be benefical..
Not really. Though my personal preference is actually to use articulations sparingly so that the ones that are there stand out more. That A is just particularly punchy sounding. I don't have any specific suggestions to add them elsewhere but some other iterations of that phrase have that beat highlighted as well if you want to listen through again and decide for yourself.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Latios212 on October 14, 2023, 04:45:24 PM- LH in m. 10 plays F on beat 2.5, not beat 2
- m. 60 - I don't hear the LH G on beat 2.5
I hate to say it, but I am still hearing all of these. Perhaps it's worth getting a second opinion? Acceptable or not, I'd rather have the correct notes than not lol

Other change has been made

Latios212

Measure 10 is completely unambiguous to me - there's nothing playing on beat 2 at all. And yeah, I'll poke one of the other updaters to take a quick peek at the other items too!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

For m10, I'm definitely hearing the F striking on beat 2.5 with the RH notes.

m60 is really quite subtle, but I hear as Xiao has.

I also hear the last Bb in m85

XiaoMigros

Latios212

Alrighty, no further comments from me then. Thanks both!

Accepted

Spoiler
[close]
turtle