News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[SW] Pikmin 4 - "Title Theme" by XiaoMigros

Started by Zeta, August 10, 2023, 04:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pikmin
Game: Pikmin 4
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Title Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: XiaoMigros

XiaoMigros

• I tried to preserve the background pattern as much as I could, but I'm open to suggestions on improving its playability
  • Maybe it's worth writing this across 3 pages instead
  • Yes, this loops in-game

Francesca

Quick question, why C# major instead of Db major? Is it to avoid double flats?

XiaoMigros

Yup, that's right! Also the general vibes of the track but mainly that haha

Kricketune54

• Maybe consider changing the size of the notes and measures? Could shrink this down a little mostly to releave page 2 a bit, the 8va at the bottom is out of the margins for example
• m26 LH 1.0 sounds more like an F
• m46 RH from what I can tell the C# comes in a little sooner? Like 64th note E# on beat 2 vs. 32nd

Olimar12345

Nice arrangement! Small note that when it repeats in-game, it does not repeat the intro bugle call part, but goes back to your measure 6.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Kricketune54 on October 02, 2023, 11:09:27 AM• Maybe consider changing the size of the notes and measures? Could shrink this down a little mostly to releave page 2 a bit, the 8va at the bottom is out of the margins for example
Good idea, all within the margins now :)

Quote from: Kricketune54 on October 02, 2023, 11:09:27 AM• m26 LH 1.0 sounds more like an F
I do hear the F you're referring to but I hear an engulfing C# chord here and a low C# like I have it captures that wave best, in my opinion. If it's fine with you I'd prefer to leave it

Quote from: Kricketune54 on October 02, 2023, 11:09:27 AM• m46 RH from what I can tell the C# comes in a little sooner? Like 64th note E# on beat 2 vs. 32nd
Got that as well, thank you!

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 13, 2023, 03:02:25 PMNice arrangement! Small note that when it repeats in-game, it does not repeat the intro bugle call part, but goes back to your measure 6.
Thanks as well, I'd completely missed that in the sheet :p

Kricketune54

Quote from: XiaoMigros on December 11, 2023, 04:28:41 AMI do hear the F you're referring to but I hear an engulfing C# chord here and a low C# like I have it captures that wave best, in my opinion. If it's fine with you I'd prefer to leave it

That's a good point, in the great context of the measure. Free to leave as is, and I'll be approving this, but one other thing to fix before the next updater: Play around with m39 LH so that the dotted half note's dot isn't obscured. Maybe move the second layer a bit more to the right, and the dot up a tiny bit? 

Bloop

-While what you have when notating the chord ostinato thingy in one hand works, it does feel a bit hard to play consistently, though that might just be a skill issue on my part :p Something like this feels a bit easier to me:
You cannot view this attachment.
-m24-25: Maybe instead of leaving the first note of the chord ostinato thingy in the R.H., it's easier for the player to do the same thing as other times when the chord ostinato thingy is fully in one hand. It saves the player having to play another kind of left hand figure, as well as saving the player the huge leaps in the R.H.
-m39: Maybe you could switch the placement of the dotted half note and the 8th note in the L.H., so the dot doesn't clash with the 8th notehead?
-m45-46: Instead of trying to notate exactly where these R.H. notes fall, it may read a bit easier to put them at the nearest 8th or 16th note beat and add "freely" with expression text

XiaoMigros

All taken care of! I opted to keep my LH figure, I think with some repetition and the pedal it's manageable. I also didn't want 9ths with more than 3 notes in them. Thanks for the suggestions!

Bloop

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot