Static's "Too Hot to Handle" Project Sheets

Started by Static, August 12, 2023, 02:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

Quote from: Kricketune54 on October 14, 2023, 11:31:07 AMHmm, I'm still hearing the D. Pitching up was clear it was a D, but also just comparing the sound of same beat between m42 and m44.
I think the D-Eb interval was confusing me at first, making the D sound more like Eb to me. After slowing down the track I can hear D pretty clearly too. It's been changed now

Kricketune54

Great! I will accept Dungeon of Searing Heat

Bloop

something twin faces ul'dah
-m17: The L.H. accompaniment figure is a bit on the harder side to play, because there isn't really an easy way to jump from the single root notes on beat 2 and 3.5 up to the chords, especially while trying to play the flute flourishes in the R.H. at the same time. Maybe writing the L.H. like this makes it a little bit more manageable?
You cannot view this attachment.
-m22: It's a bit hard to hear what's what in this measure, but I think I hear something like this in the flute:
-m49 and 53-54: The R.H. quarter rests in these measures should be one tick lower, so they're on the same relative height as the half rests in this section.
-m57: It feels a bit weird to have the R.H. F in the second layer tied over from m56 beat 4.5 to beat 1 in this measure, but still have it rearticulated in layer 1. The flute voice is a bit more subtle in this part though, so maybe you could leave out that first layer F?

Static

Quote from: Bloop on November 19, 2023, 10:08:21 AM-m17: The L.H. accompaniment figure is a bit on the harder side to play, because there isn't really an easy way to jump from the single root notes on beat 2 and 3.5 up to the chords, especially while trying to play the flute flourishes in the R.H. at the same time. Maybe writing the L.H. like this makes it a little bit more manageable?
I agree, changed that whole section.

Quote from: Bloop on November 19, 2023, 10:08:21 AM-m22: It's a bit hard to hear what's what in this measure, but I think I hear something like this in the flute:
I'm still hearing it the way I have it. On beat 3, the Bb is there but it's being played by the string/bagpipe/idk what you call it instrument. The flute goes back to G. I'm not hearing those first 3 notes on beat 4 either; I hear F-G-A on beat 3.5 but as an echo of beat 2.5.

Quote from: Bloop on November 19, 2023, 10:08:21 AM-m49 and 53-54: The R.H. quarter rests in these measures should be one tick lower, so they're on the same relative height as the half rests in this section.
-m57: It feels a bit weird to have the R.H. F in the second layer tied over from m56 beat 4.5 to beat 1 in this measure, but still have it rearticulated in layer 1. The flute voice is a bit more subtle in this part though, so maybe you could leave out that first layer F?
Fixed both of these

Bloop

Quote from: Static on November 19, 2023, 06:32:02 PMI'm still hearing it the way I have it. On beat 3, the Bb is there but it's being played by the string/bagpipe/idk what you call it instrument. The flute goes back to G. I'm not hearing those first 3 notes on beat 4 either; I hear F-G-A on beat 3.5 but as an echo of beat 2.5.
It's hard to differentiate between all those instruments and echoes haha, but listening to the echoes instead I think what you have is correct yeah.
I'll accept!