Atcero's "Too Hot to Handle" Project Sheets

Started by Atcero, August 13, 2023, 07:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiaoMigros

No problem! Just some minor formatting things left from me but I think that should be all:
  • In m4 RH you're currently using a whole note rest instead of a whole measure rest (which is centered in the measure). I tried messing with it using the plugins but couldn't get it to work because of the grace notes, so my suggestion would be to hide that rest, and add a new whole measure rest in a new layer
  • In m7, the beams between triplets should be broken:
    Quote from: Latios212 on September 15, 2023, 06:19:57 PMwhen there are multiple tuplets all under the same beam, it's best to break the secondary beams to clarify where the tuplets begin and end. Using the Beam Break Tool under Special Tools, click on the first note of the second tuplet and check the "16th" box (all the others will automatically be checked) -
    You cannot view this attachment.
  • Same goes for m59+, to show where triplet 16ths end and regular 16ths start
  • In m36, the quarter rest should be moved into the middle of the staff
  • The dotted eighth rests in the LH lower layer are a little too far below the staff. To fix them all at once, you can go to 'Document/Document Options', then 'Layers'. Choose 'Layer 2' from the 'Settings For' box, and then type either -2 or -4 in the number field below (I'd recommend -2 but it's up to you).
  • The D.S. could be moved up slightly

Atcero

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

XiaoMigros

Thanks as well! Hail to the Past is approved!

Kricketune54

Ah, yes, this one from Discord a number of moons ago

• Tempo marking looks a little off still, seems big and different font from typical.
• Starting dynamic is a wee bit forward, you could move it a little left and down to center above first note
Spoiler
[close]
• m44 RH hearing no tie between the Dn currently on 2.5 and 3.0, sounds like it's restruck instead, and held out a little more. You could make this new 2nd Dn a dotted quarter length, because it sounds like the D currently on 4.25 is the same D as this 3.0 one I've identified.
• m46 LH 4.5 sounds like this is an An
• m46 RH to me sounds like same thing i've identifed in m44 for 2.5 and 3.0- maybe in this instance though just remove the tie given the LH pattern.
• m53, 57 LH I'm hearing the current A#'s in layer 1 as An's (beat 1.5, 2.25, 3.5, 4.25).

Atcero

Got that all updated, thanks so much! Also I did check the font at least for the tempo marking and it seems to be the same font as other sheets ive done, but the size was def off
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Kricketune54

Looks good now with the size and other edits, just had a couple last things related to flipping notes/stem direction in layers.

When you hide rests in the 2nd layer, you typically want to have the note beams/stem direction in the first layer flipped the way they would by default, depending on where they are in the staff. This applies even if you are intending to show consistency for the measure directly after (if that was the intention for the measures below), where the 1st layer's stems are flipped up and the 2nd layer is flipped down.

• m34 and m38 RH beat 2-4 top layer, these should be flipped down, unless the rests are unhidden in the 2nd layer.
• m36 similarly, though only applies to beat 4 of the 1st layer.

Atcero

Spoiler
[close]

Kricketune54