TWG CXV: Just a Numbers Game Player Sign Ups

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 14, 2023, 03:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

TWG CXV: Just a Numbers Game

To some, it's just another day at the office. To others... every day is a life and death struggle to try and slog through another grueling day at work. But today... something's different. Today, nine people wake up in an empty office, tied to chairs in a circle facing away from all the others. There's one rule to the game: pick a number, any number.

Wolves:
1. Head Honcho: Every night, the Head Honcho picks a number between 0 and 100 by PM'ing the host with their selection. Every night, all the other players PM the host a number between 0 and 100. Whoever's number is closest to the number the Head Honcho picks dies. In case of a tie, all tied players die. People who do not pick a number (including the Head Honcho) have their number randomized.

Humans:
2. Number Cruncher
3. Number Cruncher
4. Number Cruncher
5. Number Cruncher
6. Number Cruncher
7. Number Cruncher
8. Number Cruncher

Third Party:
9. The Phantom Number Swapper: Counts as a Human. Every night, in addition to picking their own number, they select one player. The Phantom Number Swapper picks a NEW number for that person, and if they are human, that is their selected number for wolfing purposes. Wins if someone is wolfed as a result of their shenanigans—either if the person who's number they swapped is wolfed, or if someone else is wolfed because of the number swap—or if they are the last Human alive. Can win with either team.

Host Clarifications:
  • The Phantom Number Swapper's powers can only affect humans.
  • The swapped number that the Phantom Number Swapper picks can potentially be the same number they picked for themself.
  • The Phantom Number Swapper can choose not to use their power each night.
  • The Phantom Number Swapper can win as a result of their own death if they died as the result of swapping the would-be wolfing target's number.
  • The Phantom Number Swapper is informed when they achieve victory. It is not announced publicly.
  • An example of The Phantom Number Swapper's victory: Player A picks 20 as their number. Player B picks 21 as their number. The Swapper swaps Player B's number to 50. The Head Honcho picked 21 as the wolfing number. Player A dies instead of Player B.
  • An example of when The Phantom Number Swapper does NOT achieve victory: Player A and Player B both pick 50 as their number. The Swapper swaps Player A's number to 60. The Head Honcho picked 50 as the wolfing number. Because Player B would have died either way, this does not count as death-by-shenanigans.
  • The number(s) of any killed players will be announced, but the number the Head Honcho picked will not be.
  • The Head Honcho wins whenever there is one or fewer humans remaining.
  • The game does not have cardflips.

----------

Players:
1. A# Minor
2. TheZeldaPianist275
3. Olimar12345
4. E. Gadd Industries
5. ThatHiddenCharacter
6. SpecsFlyer17
7. XiaoMigros
8. magnet
9. Toby
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Worth noting is that I'm willing to remove a player or two if we don't get enough player sign-ups in a reasonable timeframe.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

This seems implied by the rules but I want to make it explicit BDS--if the PNS picks the Honcho to swap numbers with, the Honcho does NOT get that new updated number to determine wolfing, correct? His original pick stands?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 14, 2023, 04:45:12 PMThis seems implied by the rules but I want to make it explicit BDS--if the PNS picks the Honcho to swap numbers with, the Honcho does NOT get that new updated number to determine wolfing, correct? His original pick stands?
That's correct. The Swapper's powers can only affect humans.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Will the number that was killed be publicized? Or perhaps even the number that the Honcho picked?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 14, 2023, 04:52:44 PMWill the number that was killed be publicized? Or perhaps even the number that the Honcho picked?
That's a good question, and one I've gone back and forth on. My current plan is that the number(s) killed will be publicized, but the number the Head Honcho picked will not be.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SpecsFlyer17

Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on August 15, 2023, 04:05:49 PM(bold text) In!

Yeah, Im good at forums.
Don't worry, you'll get used to it at some point!!! :D

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

This is a very specific question, but with 3 players remaining (HH, PNS, and human), who wins if a wolfing would cause both the PNS (by a swap condition) and HH (by equal humans and HH) to win?
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL