News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG CXV: Just a Numbers Game

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, August 17, 2023, 05:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpecsFlyer17

Alright, night 2.

I seriously suggest we use a strategy to avoid duplicate picks. 2 non-wolfs have died, so a double kill would be detrimental at this point.

And if everyone keeps to the strategy, a duplicate pick double kill means the PNS was involved.

Since BDS announces the number that the victim(s) chose, a "___ and ____ were wolfed, both with the number x" means the PNS was involved, while a "____ and ____ were wolfed, with the numbers x and y respectively" means an equidistant situation occurred. An equidistant double kill is probably our worst case scenario for this phase.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

A# Minor

^ yup. Someone else come up with teh strategy because I don't like math, kthx
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

A# Minor

Quote from: A# Minor on August 21, 2023, 06:18:23 PM^ yup. Someone else come up with the strategy because I don't like math, kthx

AAAAAHHHHH
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

SpecsFlyer17

Thinking about it a little more, I don't think there's a way to safely prevent equidistant pick potential without allowing the wolf to target people specifically.

The way to prevent equidistant picks is to ensure picks in sequence alternate between even and odd numbers. For example, if sequential picks are 5, 8, and 15 (odd even odd), there's no risk for the wolf getting a double kill. However, we'd have to assign specific ranges for everyone to make this happen, which would allow the wolf to target players specifically. I don't think its even remotely worth it to do so.

Therefore, I think a method similar to last time (9n+ assigned digit) would work out well.

If anyone else has any ideas, speak up for sure.

Olimar12345

Aight, now that it's night time foos I may comence my plan to aid my beloved wolf-senpai.

for I... am the REAL Phantom Number Swapper!

Wolf-senpai: I offer you this option: if you select number 50 tonight I will guarantee you a double-kill of both myself and either A#/Toby (I will pick randomly to keep things spicy). If you object to this in anyway or would like to pick a specific player to off, shoot me a dm and we can make this wolfing really spicy!

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on August 21, 2023, 02:38:57 PMA#, you were the first to claim PNS. Regardless of truthfulness, I can see this being a sincere attempt to draw out the wolf. You've mentioned "The wolf should've claimed to me!" multiple times. I read this as either a) you're actually the PNS and you're frustrated that they didn't come forward because it was your path to victory or b) you're a human and you're frustrated that the wolf didn't come forward to team up. What is your stance now? Are you still claiming PNS, or are you admitting to a fake claim in an attempt to draw out the wolf?

Doesn't matter anymore since Olimar did what I thought he'd do, but I was just trying to get the wolf to claim to me :'(
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 21, 2023, 06:45:03 PMfor I... am the REAL Phantom Number Swapper!

Insert GTA meme:
Ah, s***, here we go again.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

A# Minor

So are we still doing 9n+x or...
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: A# Minor on August 21, 2023, 08:31:56 PMSo are we still doing 9n+x or...
Yes, absolutely. I could see the temptation for everyone to scramble to 0 or 100 to get as far away from 50 as possible, and the wolf correctly gambles that'll happen, there could be a multiple kill without even getting rid of the PNS. I would say that it's even more important to stick to a plan now--if Olimar is switching numbers we can't do anything about it, and we should just space ourselves away from each other as best we can

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Toby on August 19, 2023, 01:20:33 PMA# Minor
You pick a number in 9 times table
TheZeldaPianist275
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +1 to final number
Olimar12345
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +2 to final number
E. Gadd Industries
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +3 to final number
ThatHiddenCharacter
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +4 to final number
SpecsFlyer17
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +5 to final number
XiaoMigros
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +6 to final number
magnet
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +7 to final number
Toby
You pick a number in 9 times table and then +8 to final number
Does anyone see a problem with following this plan again?

SpecsFlyer17

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

I have an additional clarification to mention:
The PNS can keep swapping as they please until they die or the game is over, regardless of whether or not they've achieved victory.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber