News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG CXVII Host Spook-Ups

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, September 29, 2023, 02:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's the Spookiest Host?

BlackDragonSlayer
3 (33.3%)
ThatHiddenCharacter
5 (55.6%)
davy
2 (22.2%)
TheZeldaPianist275
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: October 07, 2023, 03:15:50 AM

davy

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on October 01, 2023, 03:00:57 PMAlso, the game is set up to include more alcoholics and/or wolves depending on how many people sign up. That's what the #-? means in the role list.

Yeah, I understand that much, but I'm telling you that you shouldn't be adding more wolves and that if only 7 players sign up and you start the game as is, the wolves are much too likely to win for this to be a balanced game

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 01, 2023, 05:32:37 PMIf the game had another day/night cycle (or two) built in from the start, I'd say just make it so they can't get hit the first night after they get revived, but with such a small number of players I'm not sure of any way you could do it without having it be a game-changing advantage.

I'll give it some more thought

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 01, 2023, 05:32:37 PMThat's assuming all surviving players (other than the Slime Wizard) have been seered. If you think it's better to get rid of the 0 vote upon conversion but keep being seered green if converted (so a pure benefit for the skeleton team with no downside), I can make that change though.

I mean, this discussion was assuming no other changes. If you'll implement some form of wolfing, I'll get back to this, but as it stands, having the Knight seered green and their vote counting as 0 does not really work together I think.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 01, 2023, 05:32:37 PMNot necessarily! If there's a surviving Skeleton, the Skeleton Lord can take a risk and give up their conversion power, so lynching a human would still be worse. Though, in the case where the Skeleton Lord has given up their conversion power and is the only skeleton left, do you think that should also trigger the addition of a wolfing?

In other words, make it so that the conditions for the Skeletons gaining a wolfing are:
1. There is only one Skeleton remaining.
AND
2. No more Skeleton conversion is possible.

I think that still makes the game a little human-sided. Humans would only lose on the fourth mislynch. This could be addressed though by having fewer players.

If you remove the second condition, meaning the lord can wolf when he has given up his power but still has a skeleton buddy,  humans lose on the second mislynch, which is a little tight, but that could be fine, especially if you make the Slime Lord immune to wolfing as well. This does all but guarantee there will be only one conversion in your game, which may be a bit counter to what you were planning.

So maybe you could add something that if the Lord targets a player when they already have a Skeleton in play, that player loses their vote. That way there is still some town manipulation without it breaking the game too hard
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

BDS, when were you planning to open the poll?
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on October 02, 2023, 08:06:30 AMBDS, when were you planning to open the poll?
Ending game submissions end of day Friday (October 6th), poll closing Sunday (October 8th).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 29, 2023, 04:11:18 PMTWG: There's a Skeleton Inside You Right Now
Made some changes based on recent discussion.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 02, 2023, 02:43:13 PMMade some changes based on recent discussion.

I think you forgot to add the max one Skeleton rule

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 02, 2023, 01:00:20 PMEnding game submissions end of day Friday (October 6th), poll closing Sunday (October 8th).

I think a week for submissions is too long. There's not much of a reason why someone that wants to host couldn't have posted their game in like the first three days of host sign-ups. And the longer sign-ups take, the longer players who just want to play have to wait for the next game.

TheZeldaPianist275

Not TWC but I also don't think anyone else is even going to submit a game

A# Minor

*submits an imaginary game just to spite TZP*
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on October 02, 2023, 11:10:26 PMI think you forgot to add the max one Skeleton rule
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 29, 2023, 04:11:18 PMEvery night, as long as there isn't currently a living Skeleton, the Skeleton Lord may pick a player; that player is converted into a Skeleton, who is allied with the skeletons.
It's in there!!

Quote from: davy on October 02, 2023, 11:14:05 PMI think a week for submissions is too long. There's not much of a reason why someone that wants to host couldn't have posted their game in like the first three days of host sign-ups. And the longer sign-ups take, the longer players who just want to play have to wait for the next game.
Last sign-ups, Kaiveran submitted a game last-minute (and ended up winning the poll). If you want me to put the poll up end of day tomorrow (Wednesday the 4th), I can also do that, but with the current spacing it generally works out to approximately one game a month, which I think is ideal to help avoid player burnout.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 03, 2023, 12:01:00 PMNot TWC but I also don't think anyone else is even going to submit a game

I lied lol. Impulsively bringing back an NSM classic:

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

On a dark and stormy October night, 10 friends found themselves in a small, lantern-lit village. The village was strangely dark; entering it seemed to drown out all the light from the moon, rendering it difficult to see anything clearly. The only things making anything visible at all? Three old, rusty lanterns hanging from poles lining the street.

Wolves
1. Master Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Wolf

Humans
4. Seer--can send in a PM every night to see the color of a person's role.
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human

??
10. The Strange Man
A man who DOES NOT WANT to be seen. Every night phase he will privately guess the identities of the lanterns holders, and upon correctly guessing their identities, the lanterns are lost to the night, and their holders are killed, along with any red player. He cannot be wolfed; if an attempt to do so is made, the public will not be informed.

Items
3 Lanterns of the Night: at the start of the game, 3 randomly chosen players will become Lantern Holders and receive a Lantern of the Night. Each night, the 3 lanterns holders will privately vote to seer one of the holders. That holder's color is then privately disclosed to the other two holders. A lantern may be passed to another player who does not hold a lantern once per NIGHT PHASE ONLY, and the lantern holders will always be made aware of any changes of possession of a lantern.

Misc.
-The Strange Man is not in the initial pool of possible lantern holders, but he can be passed a lantern thereafter.
-If someone is killed while in possession of a lantern, it will be publicly announced that a lantern has been put out, and the Strange Man will only have to guess the holders of the remaining lanterns. However, if all three lantern holders are killed before the Strange Man guesses their identities, the Strange Man will die as well.
-No cardflips, instas are on. Classic rules, natch.

Victory Conditions
Wolves win when their numbers are at parity with humans & The Strange Man combined.
Humans win when the wolves are dead.
The Strange Man wins upon successfully guessing the lantern holders, but the game does not necessarily have to end at that point. Either of the other two teams may win with the Strange Man.

BlackDragonSlayer

I remember the lantern keeper from TWG LI, where I died as a wolf N1 because they guessed all the lantern holders :morton2:

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Poll will go up end of day today, and two votes per person!!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 04, 2023, 02:23:47 PMI remember the lantern keeper from TWG LI, where I died as a wolf N1 because they guessed all the lantern holders :morton2:

I still think about that sometimes. Waddle went on a friggin TEAR

SpecsFlyer17

Yeah I remember the Lantern Keeper game like it was yesterday. Good times.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 04, 2023, 11:14:53 AM10. The Strange Man
and upon correctly guessing their identities, the lanterns are lost to the night, and their holders are killed, along with any red player.

What does the part about the red player mean? If the Strange Man (spooky) guesses you correctly, are you killed regardless of color, or only if you're a red wolf?
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL