[N64] GoldenEye 007 - "Settle the Score with 006" (Replacement) by Fantastic Ike

Started by Zeta, October 01, 2023, 04:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: GoldenEye 007
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Settle the Score with 006
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Fantastic Ike

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

Fantastic Ike

Replacement initiative sheet! It's been a while since I did one of these. Almost put accents on every beat because that quarter note rhythm is thumping, but decided against it

Also not sure about the underlying chord placement (the chromatic "Bond" progression) at the end. Might remove to keep the style more consistent

Kricketune54

Sorry for the wait! This is looking good

• Can capitalize piano in the "Arranged for" credit
• Starting forte dynamic could go down a little to center between staffs
• Counted this at 190 bpm, so a little slower than current. This and Antenna Cradle are the same tempo
• For the LH, I would go with one octave or the other. At this high a tempo, this pattern is not going to be very feasible for the performer. If you go with the lower octave, can do similar to what I did for Antenna Cradle's LH with the hidden 8va after marking simile.
• m5-12 RH hearing En at bottom of each cluster
• m14 and m30 RH move the dotted half note's dot up  a little so it's not inside the 2nd layer, and also move the dot a bit to the left and layer 2 a tiny bit right so it doesn't look like a staccato on the whole notes
• for m15-17, m31-34 second layers you could add En in above current notes to build out this chord a little more.
• m37 and m41 RH 1.0 could add that E underneath
• m39 and m43 RH you could add staccatos in addition to the accents, the notes don't sound full length in the original

Fantastic Ike

QuoteSorry for the wait! This is looking good

No worries! This time of year is busy for everyone

Quotem37 and m41 RH 1.0 could add that E underneath

Done, and added Es on 40 and 44 since I think it'd help the progression there

Everything else should be good, updated

Kricketune54

Great! Did another check, and I will approve. One last comment, checked list of composers and Grant Kirkhope was the sole composer for this, so just make that update :)

XiaoMigros

Looking good, I don't have much to add:
  • m34: I hear all the upper layer RH notes as regular quarters
  • For the last page, here are some other ways you could include the Bond theme (feel free to mix and match, or do nothing):
    You cannot view this attachment.
  • Also on the last page, I'd recommend writing the staccato accented chords as non-staccato 8th notes instead
  • The D.C. marking should be closer aligned to the barline, to fix it you can 'edit repeat assignment' and set the horizontal offset to 0.

Zeta