TWG CXVII Player Scare-Downs

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 07, 2023, 06:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Welcome, Robbie, and thanks for recruiting, Davy!

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 09, 2023, 12:17:36 PMJust to clarify: The strange man wins by guessing each of the 3 lanterns at some point, no matter whos holding them, right?

Sorry I missed this Xiao—yes, that is how he wins, but he must guess all remaining lantern holders on the same guess—can't pick them off one phase at a time.

Oricorio, since this game is taking a while to start up, is there a chance you will be able to play full-time and not just as a sub?

BlackDragonSlayer

For subsequent host sign-ups, I think it'd be a good idea to put a cap of 8 players. Both this game and the last had difficulty filling. Unfortunate, but we gotta work with the cards we're dealt.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Think an advertisement for TWG can be thrown on Discord? I'm not in the Discord, but there may be people over there who don't know this exists.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 12, 2023, 03:03:53 PMThink an advertisement for TWG can be thrown on Discord? I'm not in the Discord, but there may be people over there who don't know this exists.
Already did (and did for last game as well with the same results). Unfortunately no takers yet.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

TheZeldaPianist275

XiaoMigros

What happens if someone tries to pass the strange man a lantern?

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 15, 2023, 05:22:09 AMWhat happens if someone tries to pass the strange man a lantern?
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 09, 2023, 10:59:40 AMTWG CXVII is receiving a pre-launch patch! After conferring with Davy and hearing his thoughts, the following change will be made to the rules: lanterns may be passed along at the end of a night phase as usual, but the specific recipient may not be chosen. Instead, the recipient will be randomly selected from the pool of wolf and human players who do not have a lantern at the end of that night. This means that the Strange Man will never receive a lantern now, and it also means that if you pass a lantern along you could conceivably receive a different lantern immediately after from a different player.

This change was made to prevent teams from using cheese strats that involve using lanterns and then dumping them onto specific players to have the Strange Man bump them off. To avoid this, the rules have been changed so that now if you want to pass on a lantern, RNG will decide who gets it, and the Strange Man will never be in that pool of possible players.

XiaoMigros

The Musical Poet

ugh fine

I would rather eat a burger at In-N-Out.
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

TheZeldaPianist275

And with that, the lobby is filled! The game will start at 8:00 pm Central later today (~12 hours from now), and that will be the time of phase rollover thereafter. Also, I am considering making Night 1 and Night 1 only 48 hours instead of 24, just because the game took a while to fill and I want to make sure players with night actions are not handicapped if they don't realize the game has started. Does anyone have any objections to that?

Get ready. The Strange Man does not want to be seen.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 19, 2023, 06:46:01 AMAlso, I am considering making Night 1 and Night 1 only 48 hours instead of 24, just because the game took a while to fill and I want to make sure players with night actions are not handicapped if they don't realize the game has started. Does anyone have any objections to that?
I support that, as that's the route I try to go with my games unless there's a significant reason not to (i.e. there are few/no night actions for whatever reason).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber