News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 19, 2023, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 19, 2023, 06:16:00 PM1. Me dying N1 is a thing, as I'm one of the veteran players.
2. In the last game that featured the Lantern Keeper (TWG LI), I died Night 1 as a wolf.

So I'm (mostly) just joking around. I like your observation, though.

This response is mostly fine, but the last sentence is a bit concerning. "I like your observation" feels a bit like buddying. If my observation is BS, what's there to like about it?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 19, 2023, 06:13:38 PMlets lynch the strange man
idk i just wanna get a good look at him and see what all the fuss is about
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:18:15 PMThis response is mostly fine, but the last sentence is a bit concerning. "I like your observation" feels a bit like buddying. If my observation is BS, what's there to like about it?
probably just a polite response from a friendly townsperson :D

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 19, 2023, 06:17:20 PMI'm not familiar with the abbreviation, though I imagine it's a way of expressing your lean on a player?

Gun to head. Basically, if someone pointed a gun to your head and asked you to read a player town or wolf and wouldn't take null for an answer. What's your GTH on the people who have already posted?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:18:15 PMThis response is mostly fine, but the last sentence is a bit concerning. "I like your observation" feels a bit like buddying. If my observation is BS, what's there to like about it?
Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:12:30 PMSubtle way to hint that you're town.
I've brought up the same reasoning in past games before. It's fairly common for wolf players to try and push the idea that they're human by directly saying stuff like "Whew, glad I'm human" or (later in the game, if the lynch is turning their way) "If we lynch another human, we lose; if you lynch me the game will end."

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Quote from: A# Minor on October 19, 2023, 06:19:45 PMA# here, reporting for duty

A somewhat bold opener, but it's unclear who exactly you are directing it to. GTH wolf

A# Minor

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:21:37 PMGun to head. Basically, if someone pointed a gun to your head and asked you to read a player town or wolf and wouldn't take null for an answer. What's your GTH on the people who have already posted?
inb4 wolf read
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

A# Minor

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:22:41 PMA somewhat bold opener, but it's unclear who exactly you are directing it to. GTH wolf
dammit

it's just a generic statement at this point
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

Oricorio

Quote from: A# Minor on October 19, 2023, 06:23:49 PMdammit

it's just a generic statement at this point

But why did you choose that generic statement, over any other generic statement? Those are the questions we need to be asking

XiaoMigros

i think i won because i got a town read

A# Minor

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:25:05 PMBut why did you choose that generic statement, over any other generic statement? Those are the questions we need to be asking
I was probably about to miss the entire first phase because I forgot about this. it was the most adequate thing to say
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

A# Minor

hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:21:37 PMGun to head. Basically, if someone pointed a gun to your head and asked you to read a player town or wolf and wouldn't take null for an answer. What's your GTH on the people who have already posted?
In a night start game I'd say it's too early to even start considering those sort of takes, especially because most's people first posts are just going to be jokes that are completely irrespective of their role. It's very easy to accidentally taint your own reasoning by making a loose take too early and tunneling it; personally, I generally wait until the end of the first night phase or beginning of the first day phase to make a more formal suspicion list.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber