TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 19, 2023, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiaoMigros

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 19, 2023, 06:31:49 PMbds i think you're the strange man
some people may say i'm a strange man, sure, but i am not the strange man
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 19, 2023, 06:31:13 PMIn a night start game I'd say it's too early to even start considering those sort of takes, especially because most's people first posts are just going to be jokes that are completely irrespective of their role. It's very easy to accidentally taint your own reasoning by making a loose take too early and tunneling it; personally, I generally wait until the end of the first night phase or beginning of the first day phase to make a more formal suspicion list.

Lame. It's never too early to start pursuing leads. You have read your role PM, have you not? And thus, you are keeping in mind your alignment when you are writing posts.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 19, 2023, 06:32:47 PMsome people may say i'm a strange man, sure, but i am not the strange man
sounds like something the strange man would say...

Oricorio

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 19, 2023, 06:31:49 PMbds i think you're the strange man

Do you have any reason for your suspicions?

XiaoMigros

just the vibe tbh, and how hes responded to my accusations

Oricorio

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 19, 2023, 06:36:58 PMjust the vibe tbh, and how hes responded to my accusations

Do you have a read on A# Minor?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:34:33 PMLame. It's never too early to start pursuing leads.
I disagree. Not even half the players in the game have posted yet, and I think we should give more time for others to show up and voice their thoughts before judging people too much based on their interactions.

QuoteYou have read your role PM, have you not? And thus, you are keeping in mind your alignment when you are writing posts.
I don't think it's a stretch that many players think of what they're gonna say for their first post before PMs are even sent out. Regardless, this early in the game most people aren't even thinking that far ahead and are just acting how they would regardless of role.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Quote from: A# Minor on October 19, 2023, 06:25:52 PMI was probably about to miss the entire first phase because I forgot about this. it was the most adequate thing to say

Well, now that you've "reported for duty", is there anything you're going to do?

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:38:53 PMDo you have a read on A# Minor?
my read on A# Minor has historically always been wrong

A# Minor

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:43:51 PMWell, now that you've "reported for duty", is there anything you're going to do?
observe
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 19, 2023, 06:43:40 PMI disagree. Not even half the players in the game have posted yet, and I think we should give more time for others to show up and voice their thoughts before judging people too much based on their interactions.
QuoteBut people have shown up, and why waste an opportunity to get more information out of them? Sure, it would be ideal to talk to everybody but for now we have to use what we've got

QuoteI don't think it's a stretch that many players think of what they're gonna say for their first post before PMs are even sent out. Regardless, this early in the game most people aren't even thinking that far ahead and are just acting how they would regardless of role.

But they still have to type in the post after they've received their role PM. And if people aren't planning ahead, then it's a good opportunity to catch wolves off-guard, is it not?

Oricorio

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 19, 2023, 06:44:38 PMmy read on A# Minor has historically always been wrong

Then give your read, and we'll just have to follow the opposite of it!

Oricorio

Oricorio

Quote from: Oricorio on October 19, 2023, 06:46:40 PMBut they still have to type in the post after they've received their role PM. And if people aren't planning ahead, then it's a good opportunity to catch wolves off-guard, is it not?

Damn, I am not good at this site's quote system