News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 19, 2023, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

So wolf!THC is getting bussed by his partners, while wolf!Xiao could possibly be being protected by his partners among Specs, mathguy and Toby. Any other town lynch is not going to materialize seeing the suspicion list, so I'm fine with them voting each other. If they are both town, there is no way town is going to win either way.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 26, 2023, 02:43:32 PMah, i see, well in that case my name can be moved to other in the davy section :)

You put me in orange, so I put myself in the same category as what the other players used orange for (not my fault you didn't lable your colors)
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

XiaoMigros

im not sending any blame your way, only a suggestion

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: davy on October 26, 2023, 02:43:58 PMI'm fine with them voting each other.
Which of us would you rather vote for?
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

davy

I'll take a moment to consider Xiao's possible wolf partners:

Specs: Xiao has been aggressively bussing Specs since n1. Unlikely since wolf!Xiao could have tried winning d2 rather than bussing his partner.

davy: Very unlikely. Already addressed this in an earlier post.

mathguy: I could see this wolf combo, there isn't really anything speaking against it, and math only put THC in his would lynch list.

THC: I could see this, but it wouldn't matter for this lynch since one of them is going to die either way.

Toby: Unlikely. They could have hidden BDS's seer claim and Toby has been bussing Xiao since the start of d2.

Poet: Poet is compatible with anyone.

So if THC isn't a wolf, the only wolf trio with Xiao that I don't find unlikely is Xiao/math/Poet.

SpecsFlyer17

davy, in post 457, you have my quote about you under the red  "would lynch" category. You were under the "could be convinced to lynch" category in the original post.

Probably a typo, but just wanted to clarify.

Your reasoning behind you and Xiao not being wolf partners makes sense to me.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

davy

So it's just past midnight my timezone, so I'm going to make the call.

While I don't like losing to the specific team of Xiao/math/Poet (Xiao was too suspicious while math and Poet just sat back), I like losing to THC here even less.

So THC. Please vote yourself again, since you were already so eager to do that earlier. If you are human, I just made us town lose the game and your vote on Xiao won't change that. If you are a wolf, a self vote will prevent a counter wolf rush in case too few humans end up voting this phase (I'm especially worried if Toby is still going to show considering his currrent time).

davy

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 26, 2023, 03:04:11 PMdavy, in post 457, you have my quote about you under the red  "would lynch" category. You were under the "could be convinced to lynch" category in the original post.

Probably a typo, but just wanted to clarify.

Your reasoning behind you and Xiao not being wolf partners makes sense to me.

A typo indeed, I was removing the other suspicions and ended up keeping the wrong header. Would edit if that were allowed this game (which isn't for obvious reasons).

XiaoMigros

Toby

SpecsFlyer17

Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

XiaoMigros

therealmathguy

TheZeldaPianist275

TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux

Spoiler
On a dark and stormy October night, 10 friends found themselves in a small, lantern-lit village. The village was strangely dark; entering it seemed to drown out all the light from the moon, rendering it difficult to see anything clearly. The only things making anything visible at all? Three old, rusty lanterns hanging from poles lining the street.

Wolves
1. Master Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Wolf

Humans
4. Seer
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human

??
10. The Strange Man
A man who DOES NOT WANT to be seen. Every night phase he will privately guess the identities of the lanterns holders, and upon correctly guessing their identities, the lanterns are lost to the night, and their holders are killed, along with one normal wolf. He cannot be wolfed; if an attempt to do so is made, the public will not be informed.

Items
3 Lanterns of the Night: at the start of the game, 3 randomly chosen players will become Lantern Holders and receive a Lantern of the Night. Each night, the 3 lanterns holders will privately vote to seer one of the holders. That holder's color is then privately disclosed to the other two holders. A lantern may be passed to another player who does not hold a lantern once per NIGHT PHASE ONLY. The recipient of the lantern will be randomly selected from the pool of those who do not hold lanterns, and he will be informed both that he received a lantern and of the identities of the other holders at the start of the following night phase.

Misc.
-The Strange Man will never hold a lantern.
-If someone is killed while in possession of a lantern, it will be publicly announced that a lantern has been put out, and the Strange Man will only have to guess the holders of the remaining lanterns. However, if all three lantern holders are killed before the Strange Man guesses their identities, the Strange Man will die as well.
-The Strange Man's lantern guess applies to the players who held lanterns at the start of the night phase, not the players who received the lanterns at the end of it.
-No cardflips, instas are on. Classic rules, natch.

Victory Conditions
Wolves win when their numbers are at parity with humans & The Strange Man combined.
Humans win when the wolves are dead.
The Strange Man wins upon successfully guessing the lantern holders, but the game does not necessarily have to end at that point. Either of the other two teams may win with the Strange Man.
[close]
-----------------

The Players
1. SpecsFlyer17
2. A# Minor
3. davy
4. threalmathguy
5. BlackDragonSlayer
6. XiaoMigros
7. ThatHiddenCharacter
8. Toby
9. Oricorio
10. The Musical Poet

I-I-I-I-I-INSTAAAAAAA

Spoiler
WOLVES WIN
[close]

Please refrain from discussing your roles until the postgame thread is up in hopefully about an hour, as I think there will be surprises for everyone.