0 (0%)
Oricorio
5 (62.5%)
BlackDragonSlayer
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: November 03, 2023, 05:00:53 AM

BlackDragonSlayer

The most recent game is over and it's time for the next round of host signups! Games should be designed around 8 players maximum. Poll will go up end of day October 31st.

Hosts:
1. ThatHiddenCharacter
2. Oricorio
3. BlackDragonSlayer
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatHiddenCharacter

TWG: Before You Are Two Doors...

Wolves:
1. Wolf: #Vanilla4lyfe
2. Wolf: #Vanilla4lyfe

Town:
3. Door Guard: One always tells the truth, the other always lies. One door guard seers all roles accurately, the other seers green and blue roles as red, red roles as green, and the Truth Seeker as purple.
4. Door Guard: One always tells the truth, the other always lies. One door guard seers all roles accurately, the other seers green and blue roles as red, red roles as green, and the Truth Seeker as purple.
5. Towny: #Livin4vanilla
6. Towny: #Livin4vanilla
7. Towny: #Livin4vanilla

Neutral:
8. The Truth Seeker: The Truth Seeker wins if they can correctly guess which Door Guard tells the truth and which lies. They do not know who the seers are initially. This role can not be killed by the wolves. If the Truth Seeker wins, both town and the wolves lose. They get one chance at guessing per night phase.

Host Clarifications:
The Truth Seeker does count towards parity.
There are no cardflips in the game.
If a Door Guard dies, the Truth Seeker is made aware and must only guess the remaining Door Guard (still needs to guess whether they are truth or lie). If both Door Guards die, the Truth Seeker becomes a townie.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Oricorio

Question: the hosting guide says you need to have played three games to be eligible to host, do they have to be on this site? I've only played two games here so far, but offsite, I've hosted six so I should more than qualify

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on October 26, 2023, 05:53:31 PMQuestion: the hosting guide says you need to have played three games to be eligible to host, do they have to be on this site? I've only played two games here so far, but offsite, I've hosted six so I should more than qualify
Hmm, I'll wait to hear from Davy (if he gives the go-ahead, I'm ok with it too), but I think the rule was initially put in place not only so that people had some TWG experience before attempting to host, but also so that people were familiar enough with how we do things here, specifically.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 26, 2023, 06:04:30 PMHmm, I'll wait to hear from Davy (if he gives the go-ahead, I'm ok with it too), but I think the rule was initially put in place not only so that people had some TWG experience before attempting to host, but also so that people were familiar enough with how we do things here, specifically.

Worst case scenario, you can just vote against me

Though I'm fine with waiting for a ruling

XiaoMigros

also how is it possible to fulfil the last rule

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 26, 2023, 06:04:30 PMHmm, I'll wait to hear from Davy (if he gives the go-ahead, I'm ok with it too), but I think the rule was initially put in place not only so that people had some TWG experience before attempting to host, but also so that people were familiar enough with how we do things here, specifically.

Ah, the hosting guide was something I missed when I updated the rules. Of course, players need to be experienced enough to host, and having played three games is a nice baseline, but nobody here doubts that Oricorio lacks experience.

Also, the rule that people need explicit permission from TWC is stupid. It was never even enforced.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

TheZeldaPianist275

THC: since the Truth Seeker doesn't count toward parity, don't the wolves win after just one mislynch?

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on October 27, 2023, 09:47:38 AMTHC: since the Truth Seeker doesn't count toward parity, don't the wolves win after just one mislynch?
Astute observation. I did not notice that. Mayhaps they should count towards parity.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on October 27, 2023, 07:11:34 AMAh, the hosting guide was something I missed when I updated the rules. Of course, players need to be experienced enough to host, and having played three games is a nice baseline, but nobody here doubts that Oricorio lacks experience.

Also, the rule that people need explicit permission from TWC is stupid. It was never even enforced.
Hm, yeah, might be a good idea to try and update it—plus, the links desperately need to be updated too.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

The Musical Poet

I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.

Oricorio

TWG: Noughts and Crosses

Wolves
1. Wolf
2. Wolf

Humans
3. Innocent Child -- Confirmed human at start of game
4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human

This is a setup that has been hosted a few times and is on MafiaScum. The game starts with all the players in a board, using the nine people (besides me) who played last game as an example:

SpecsFlyer17A# Minordavy
threalmathguyBlackDragonSlayer (Innocent Child)XiaoMigros
ThatHiddenCharacterTobyThe Musical Poet

When town lynches a player, they will be replaced by an X on the board, while when wolves kill someone, they will be replaced by an O. Thus, there are two ways to win here: Either the standard wincons of town when wolves are eliminated or wolves at parity, or when one faction gets three of their symbols in a row on the board.

I've played in this setup before, and would like to see this run again as I believe wolves played very suboptimally when I played it and there is the potential for much more interesting plays. Of the classic setups, I also feel that this is one of the ones that best translates to being played flipless, although I think day start is a necessity for this to be balanced.

While this would ideally be run with nine players, it could also be feasibly run with only eight. This can be done by replacing one of the humans with a blank spot, which can be claimed if town no lynches or if wolves withhold their kill. Any less, however, and there will be problems.

A# Minor

what does it mean if someone is "confirmed human"? would you say (using your example) "BDS is the innocent child" in the first post?
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

davy

Weren't we doing 8 player max?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

XiaoMigros