News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything Player Sign-ups

Started by davy, November 25, 2023, 08:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

hype

Had one quick question. From the Divine Being clarifications, it seems like if one of the wolves dies, they can still utilize the alt account to interact with the game. In that case, are the two wolves still allowed to communicate with each other directly, or how does that work?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 29, 2023, 11:33:37 PMhype

Had one quick question. From the Divine Being clarifications, it seems like if one of the wolves dies, they can still utilize the alt account to interact with the game. In that case, are the two wolves still allowed to communicate with each other directly, or how does that work?

Players with access to an alt account that have died cannot use their own account to participate in the game (i.e. they can no longer post in the game topic under their own account and can no longer send PM's to other players about the game under their own account). Otherwise, a dead player could prove they have access to an alt account just by PM'ing game information to another player from their own account while they are dead.

So if a dead player with an alt account wants to communicate directly to another player, they should send a PM from the alt account. It is technically allowed for the recipient to reply directly with a PM to the dead player (there is no rule against living-dead communication, only against dead-living communication), but I discourage it, as it may tempt the dead player to respond to the PM.

If a dead wolf player uses their own account to PM the other wolf player, I'll let it slide, since that other wolf already knows the first one has access to an alt account. I still discourage doing this, though, as it makes it more likely for the dead wolf to slip up an PM someone else from their own account as well.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game