News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Mortals

Wolves

1. Master Wolf
2. Redirection Wolf - During the night, can target a player, either living or dead, and another living player. If the first player is the Chosen One, the Aloof Seer will receive the color of the second player rather than the player targeted by the Aloof Seer. Loses this power once it has been used successfully.

Both wolves have access to the annonymous TWG account that obtained the Aloof Wolf Shaman role.

Humans

3. Chosen One - Has access to the annonymous TWG account that obtained the Aloof Seer role. Cannot be revived.
4. Sacrifical Lamb - Can revive a dead player other then themselves during the night phase. Single use. Can be used even if the Sacrifical Lamb is dead.
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Herring
9. Miller - Identity will be revealed privately to the wolves at the start of the game.

Divine Beings

1. Aloof Wolf Shaman
2. Aloof Seer - Seers blue players green.

- These two roles will be distributed randomly between the annonymous TWG accounts TWG Luigi and TWG Waluigi.
- Both wolves have access to the account that obtained the Aloof Wolf Shaman role, while the Chosen One as access to the account that obtained the Aloof Seer role.
- Dead players with access to an annonymous account can still partake in the game through the annonymous account that they have access to (they cannot partake with their own account anymore, though).
- Both Divine Beings cannot vote, cannot be lynched, cannot be wolf'd, cannot be targeted by any power, and do not count towards either team (Hence why they are called Aloof). They can use their seering power during the night, post in the topic and send or receive PMs.

Win Conditions

Wolves win at parity.
Humans win when both wolves are dead.

Other rules

N1 start.
No cardflips.
Instakills are enabled, phantoms are in play.
PMs are permitted.
Only living players can be seered.
If the Sacrifical Lamb targets the Chosen One, the power does not go through, but the single use will be retained for a later night phase.

Players:
1. BlackDragonSlayer
2. TheZeldaPianist275
3. ThatHiddenCharacter
4. Toby
5. Oricorio
6. SpecsFlyer17
7. XiaoMigros
8. threalmathguy
9. Nana1Popo2

Substitutes:
1. The Musical Poet

Role PM's
Spoiler
QuoteYou are the Master Wolf

[Player] is the Redirection Wolf

[Alt account] is the Aloof Wolf Shaman. The password to that account is [password]

[Player] is the Miller
QuoteYou are the Redirection Wolf

[Player] is the Master Wolf

[Alt account] is the Aloof Wolf Shaman. The password to that account is [password]

[Player] is the Miller
QuoteYou are the Chosen One

[Alt account] is the Aloof Seer. The password to the account is [password]
QuoteYou are the Sacrifical Lamb
QuoteYou are a Human.

You may be the Miller or the Herring, though.
[close]

All PM's have been sent, the game has started. It's now night 1. Night 1 ends december 1st 10:00AM PST/11:00AM MST/12:00PM CST/1:00PM EST/6:00PM GMT/7:00PM CET
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Toby

For once a game doesn't start while I'm asleep

These phase end times are great for me

ThatHiddenCharacter

Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Toby on November 30, 2023, 11:13:07 AMThese phase end times are great for me
IKR

no more forgetting to vote for the right person

BlackDragonSlayer

Meanwhile there's entirely a possibility the phase could end while I'm sleeping :P How the turntables have turned...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

I have arrived?

Since the wolves know who the Miller is, would it be safe to take the first red check with a grain of salt? Granted, now that I pointed it out they're less likely to go for that move

Oricorio

Quote from: Oricorio on November 30, 2023, 12:40:47 PMI have arrived?

Since the wolves know who the Miller is, would it be safe to take the first red check with a grain of salt? Granted, now that I pointed it out they're less likely to go for that move

Misclick, meant to go for ! rather than ?

BlackDragonSlayer

Wolves probably want to keep the Miller alive (which should be fairly easy since they know who the Miller is) until they get seered, so that's another possible one-sided player interaction to be aware of.

The Herring basically only exists to protect the human team, since they're seered green by the human seer anyway.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on November 30, 2023, 12:40:47 PMSince the wolves know who the Miller is, would it be safe to take the first red check with a grain of salt? Granted, now that I pointed it out they're less likely to go for that move
ninja'd

I don't think the wolves would reveal the miller as their first check (and if they do claim to seer the miller, it'll likely be as a last resort play). They ideally want the human seer to seer the miller to help sow doubt.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Well, the wolves could just lie about the checks and we'd be none the wiser due to playing flipless. Thus, when the wolves can "seer" anyone red maybe they just leave the miller alone.

Toby

Quote from: Oricorio on November 30, 2023, 12:58:02 PMWell, the wolves could just lie about the checks and we'd be none the wiser due to playing flipless. Thus, when the wolves can "seer" anyone red maybe they just leave the miller alone.

I'm wondering if we might get to a point we could deduct if either twg Luigi or twg waluigi is the human seer

I think the wolves will most likely give a false seering every night whereas the human will give a true one

Oricorio

Well, neither of the alt accounts have shown up yet. Is that evidence that no one who's shown up is in charge of the accounts, or would it be wise to wait?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on November 30, 2023, 01:33:57 PMWell, neither of the alt accounts have shown up yet. Is that evidence that no one who's shown up is in charge of the accounts, or would it be wise to wait?
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion quite yet. It's entirely possible that whoever's in charge of the accounts, whether human or wolf, haven't figured out how what they're gonna do with them yet.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Perhaps both teams are waiting for the other to make the first move? Or maybe they just don't see any reason to use the accounts yet.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber