News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Forum Upgrade

Started by The Deku Trombonist, December 06, 2023, 08:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Hello everyone!

Today we performed a long overdue upgrade of the forum to a newer version. The first thing you'll notice is that it has a responsive layout, which is a welcome improvement. The NSM Panel has also undergone a facelift as well as some major under-the-hood changes which will make it possible to push out updates and new features more easily in the future. A big thanks to @cacabish for helping out!

Here is a summary of the new features and other things you might need to know:

• Your profile is now accessed via the little picture in the top left corner. Next to that is the icon for PMs and then the bell for notifications, which can be received for various things (eg topics, replies, mentions, etc). Settings are in their respective popups.
  • Two-factor authentication (2FA) can be enabled in the "Account Settings" page in the profile menu.
  • You can now @ mention other users! If you are @ mentioned, you'll receive a notification.
  • Drafts are enabled for posts and will autosave every 30 seconds. No more lost posts! Drafts are also enabled for PMs but you'll need to manually save those with the "Save Draft" button.
  • If you prefer, WYSIWYG mode for posting can be activated via the "Look and Layout" profile settings page.
  • Everyone's timezone has been reset, so you will need to go into your profile and update it. The good news is that it now takes care of daylight savings time automatically.
  • I know the staff badges are missing. I'll sort it out tomorrow.

I think that's all the important stuff. Let me know if you have any questions or if any issues arise.

~ Deku

BlackDragonSlayer

i miss the old look of the forums already :'(
Quote from: The Deku Trombonist on December 06, 2023, 08:04:32 AM
  • I know the staff badges are missing. I'll sort it out tomorrow.
I can see the staff badges (on desktop, not on mobile). Can other people see them too?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

A# Minor

ooh, this is gonna take some time to get used to lol

I see this epicness on the front page:

but the badges and pfps appear for me too (not on my phone tho)

edit: now I have blocks by my name, noice
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

Jake_Luigi

This new forum is the highlight of my math class.
... I should probably be paying attention.

Olimar12345

Really cool stuff. Great work, y'all! As someone who knows nothing about how this works, is a dark theme a possibility? Sure would make things easier on the eyes! ^^;
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Some YouTube embeds have been fixed. The others are a little trickier so they will be fixed soon.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 06, 2023, 05:47:40 PMReally cool stuff. Great work, y'all! As someone who knows nothing about how this works, is a dark theme a possibility? Sure would make things easier on the eyes! ^^;
Thanks! If someone has already made a theme for it, then yes it should be possible. This was part one of some long overdue backend upgrades and we still have one more round of backend upgrades to go, so that will take priority. But it is something that is requested with some regularity, so we will look into it.

LeviR.star

Wonderful work! These new improvements to the forums will prove to be welcome changes.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

MomoQca

Ooh! Looks spiffy. Nice work to all who contributed. :D

The Deku Trombonist

YouTube embeds should all be fixed now as well and the staff badges are fixed on the site home page. Also fixed a vertical spacing issue with old posts.

Tobbeh99

I like some of the new features. But man does the new look confuse me (sort of), because of everything being new, you get kind of "lost in the mall" feeling, with "where is everything". Also looks kind of old school, like 2006 or something internet. Anyway, nice with with some change I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

The Musical Poet

ack, i was so confused when it changed
I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.