News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

TWG CXIX: Expecting Luigi to Win? Too bad, Waluigi Time! (Post Game)

Started by davy, December 09, 2023, 02:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you planning to play the next TWG?

Yes
8 (80%)
No
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 09, 2023, 03:25:23 PMThis is very surprising to me. The biggest reason I doubted Toby as a wolf is because I thought Toby was too competent of a wolf to allow that slip. I'm guessing TZP made the post?

Look, first rule of Fight Club is for everyone to have fun and all that, yada yada, but this is an extremely unkind and dickish thing to say. Toby and I both completely missed it by not reading the roles carefully. You are being extremely arrogant and there was no need for this callout.

SpecsFlyer17

Also, as I was lynched D1, I hereby claim the Manti Rule for myself. Move aside, BDS. davy, no need to write a player report for me-

People saw I wasn't wolfed N1, so they lynched me D1. Yeah, I'm really good at this game.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 09, 2023, 03:25:23 PMThis is very surprising to me. The biggest reason I doubted Toby as a wolf is because I thought Toby was too competent of a wolf to allow that slip. I'm guessing TZP made the post?
I suggested mid night 1 that regardless of our seer result to try and be more towny from the get go why not just claim we have a blue result but didn't want to reveal it. I guess neither of us read the point on the human seer that closely and it was TZP that made the post. I guess it was just unexpected that the human seer worked different from the wolf seer.

Otherwise we were going to say that math was green and hope the other seer double check and then see him red.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: threalmathguy on December 09, 2023, 03:30:07 PMXiao being the CO was the ONE possibility that would lead me to not trust BDS
If I was a wolf then me being the one to reveal the "true" seer (by wolfing N1P2 when expected) would've been a gamewinning move; like I said, it would've put me in an unrivaled position of trust and opened the path for a Xiao wolfing the next night with plausible deniability. Toby not seering red should've been enough of a tell that I wasn't manipulating anything (why would I not have redirected the seering when I knew who was going to be seered? Why would I not have directed the seering toward the miller?).

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 09, 2023, 03:31:52 PMLook, first rule of Fight Club is for everyone to have fun and all that, yada yada, but this is an extremely unkind and dickish thing to say. Toby and I both completely missed it by not reading the roles carefully. You are being extremely arrogant and there was no need for this callout.
I apologize, I didn't mean it that way. I'm saying that Toby is a good TWG player and when I analyze Toby, I analyze him through that lens, so I would expect wolf Toby to make the same realization I did. I wasn't intending to bash Toby or yourself with that comment.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Also BDS a lot of your initial points against me day 3 was that I was wolfy because I was seemingly trying to dig out information from N1P2 or find out the Chosen One

I knew all the info anyway and who the Chosen One was from day 1 - I was just playing like I didn't know stuff and didn't expect anyone to believe I would be so obvious about asking for more info if I was actually a wolf.

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 09, 2023, 03:37:00 PMI apologize, I didn't mean it that way. I'm saying that Toby is a good TWG player and when I analyze Toby, I analyze him through that lens.
ok now apologise to TZP cause u basically said I'm too competent to make that mistake so it must have been TZP lol

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on December 09, 2023, 03:39:02 PMok now apologise to TZP cause u basically said I'm too competent to make that mistake so it must have been TZP lol
I'm just digging a bigger hole for myself aren't I.

IIRC, N1 TZP made two posts. The reason I figured TZP could have made the slip (which I mentioned in my D1 suspicion list as well) is because it seems as if he was preoccupied early game.

TZP has definitely proved himself to be a more than competent wolf in THREE of the revival games at this point (two of which were back to back which puts extra pressure on someone). Again, apologize for poorly wording my earlier comment.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

ThatHiddenCharacter

Sorry guys, I had plans today that kept me from being available for the last few hours of the phase.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 09, 2023, 03:44:08 PMI'm just digging a bigger hole for myself aren't I.

IIRC, N1 TZP made two posts. The reason I figured TZP could have made the slip (which I mentioned in my D1 suspicion list as well) is because it seems as if he was preoccupied early game.

TZP has definitely proved himself to be a more than competent wolf in THREE of the revival games at this point (two of which were back to back which puts extra pressure on someone). Again, apologize for poorly wording my earlier comment.

Either one of us could have made the post, TZP only made it as I was initially wanting to avoid going on during my time zone since my zone is more unique than his

It was pre planned and agreed before the phase started. I initially suggested it. I don't think it says anything about how competent either of us are, we just didn't pay attention to detail on the human seer.

It didn't actually matter too much anyway as one of the twg accounts would have been deemed a wolf at some point, so i liked using it to our advantage to provide more chaos and throw the scent off us

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: Toby on December 09, 2023, 03:51:07 PMI don't think it says anything about how competent either of us are, we just didn't pay attention to detail on the human seer.

Sure, but I'd say you aren't Mantis because of it. Unlike me.

TheZeldaPianist275

Appreciate the forthright apology BDS. Don't worry about it, we're good.

SpecsFlyer17

Toby, was your initial plan (SL claiming, CO claiming to them in PMs) a ploy to gain town cred, or was there ulterior wolf motives?

At the time, Waluigi hadn't slipped, so I figured there were way too many places for the wolves to stick their hand in. Such as counterclaiming SL, or even counterclaiming CO to the SL. That's why I wasn't too high on the plan.

BlackDragonSlayer

For anyone waiting for host sign-ups, I asked Davy if he wanted to post them (since he hasn't done so yet since the revival).

Host sign-ups will likely be up tomorrow at the latest.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on December 09, 2023, 04:00:52 PMToby, was your initial plan (SL claiming, CO claiming to them in PMs) a ploy to gain town cred, or was there ulterior wolf motives?

At the time, Waluigi hadn't slipped, so I figured there were way too many places for the wolves to stick their hand in. Such as counterclaiming SL, or even counterclaiming CO to the SL. That's why I wasn't too high on the plan.

Just to gave town cred. Multiple people usually spot the best plan so if I didn't say it someone else probably would have. However it was awkward as I only spotted it late in the phase and in actual fact, I'm not sure if anyone else would have suggested it given it wasn't noticed until late

The thing is if the plan went ahead night 1, wolves couldn't counterclaim without getting one of them killed. But I was able to counterclaim as THC which delayed the alliance forming. I don't think it would have been worth it for the wolves to counterclaim otherwise