2 (25%)
SpecsFlyer17
5 (62.5%)
Oricorio
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: December 20, 2023, 12:47:16 AM

SpecsFlyer17

2 wolfs in an 8 player game is hard to balance because 2 mislynches ends the game. The guns add more opportunities for wolves to get shot, but at the risk of humans also getting shot.

With all the guns, adding a wolfsbane, bulletproof player, or at least someone that that takes two hits to kill is probably a decent idea. Like BDS said.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

Poll's up and will run for 2 days!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 13, 2023, 12:24:06 PMQuick thoughts: Is the Paranoid What a bit much in terms of "special" human roles? Additionally, are there any ways the humans can attempt vote manipulation strats to find out who's human? I implemented the Vote Pool mechanic to try and avoid that, but in a game like this we absolutely need to try and anticipate any workarounds.

Also, in theory, this game has the possibility to go on for quite a while if the humans only lynch people who have lost their vote :P

TWG: How the Grink Stole Votesmas
Spoiler
The Grink is an Evil Man and he dislikes Votesmas, a totally real and legitimate holiday that is celebrated in Whats-ville. Every night, he will sneak into town and try to steal a Vote so that he can ruin Votesmas (because, as everyone knows, Votesmas can only happens when everyone has a Vote). During the day he will infiltrate the Whats-ville town meetings in a disguise to try and influence who is Exiled (for the Whats know the Evil Man The Grink lurks among them).

All players who have 0 votes are seered red. Players who have at least 1 vote are seered green (or blue).

Wolves:
1. The Grink: Every night, they can pick one player. That player's vote is permanently decreased by 1 and added to The Grink's Vote Pool. The Grink can also seer one player every night. At any point during every day phase, The Grink is informed how many votes are in the Vote Pool, and can choose to distribute votes to any player, including themselves, for that day phase (if The Grink fails to choose, it defaults to The Grink receiving the maximum number of votes in the Vote Pool).

The Grink's color is determined by how many votes they had during the prior day phase.

Humans:
2. Town Crier: Human seer. Each night they can pick a player to seer; their results are dependent on what color the player is at the end of night.
3. Mayor of Whats-ville: Has 2 votes. Is told they're a normal What.
4. Sydney Lou What: Is immune to having their vote stolen. Is told they're a normal What.
5. Paranoid What: Is told if their vote is stolen. Is told they're a normal What.
6. What
7. What
8. What

There are no wolfings, but lynchings operate as normal. There are no Instas in the game.

Wolves win when the number of votes in The Grink's Vote Pool is greater than the number of votes the Humans have. Humans win when The Grink is dead.

Host Clarifications:
(any mechanics clarifications will be added here if necessary. Feel free to ask questions!)
- No lynch is not an option.
- Phantoms will be given in the following order: Pre-Phantom (no effect), 1st Phantom (+0.01 vote against the player), 2nd Phantom (+1 vote against the player).
- If a player with a night action does not submit their action, no action goes through.
- The first night phase only will be 48 hours. All subsequent night phases will be 24 hours.
[close]

Clarification questions:
-How many votes does the Grink start with?
-When a player loses a vote, is any information about that revealed (either in the phase update or in a PM)?
-Do votes distributed by the Grink return to the vote pool at end of day or are they lost once cast?

I think the Grink needs to be seered red regardless of how many votes they had the previous day. Otherwise, a red seering on any night other than night 1 means the Grink wasn't hit, and that just seems counter-intuitive.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

davy

Quote from: Oricorio on December 17, 2023, 07:34:58 AM'Tis the Season of Giving
Spoiler
Wolves:
1. Krampus: Each night, can give a fake gun, seer orb, or bulletproof vest to one player, but only one per item.
2. The Grinch: Each night, can guess the identity of Santa. If they guess correctly, they will receive Santa's item instead of Santa's intended target. Can only be successfully used once.

Humans:
3. Santa: Each night, can give a real gun, seer orb, or bulletproof vest to one player, but only one per item.
4. Buddy the Elf: Inherits and can give out the remaining items of Santa or Krampus, whoever dies first, but won't be told who they inherited the items from. Is told they're a regular elf.
5. Elf
6. Elf
7. Elf
8. Elf

Items
A real gun can be used to shoot and kill one player at night, while a fake gun will backfire and kill the wielder.
A real seer orb can be used to determine one player's color at night, while a fake orb will give a fake result (bule for Krampus, green for the Grinch, red for humans)
A real bulletproof vest can protect from one wolfing or gunshot, while a fake bulletproof vest won't work
The real items and fake items aren't distinguished in flavor.

Other rules:
N0 start, cardflips off, OC allowed.
48 hour days, 24 hour nights.
Wolves win at parity, town wins when all wolves are dead.
[close]

Clarification questions:
-Can both Krampus and Santa send out one of each item each night phase (and is that what you mean by "one per item"?)
-Can Krampus and Santa give items to themselves?
-Can Krampus give items to the Grinch?
-Can Krampus and Santa give multiple items to the same player in the same night phase?
-Can Krampus and Santa opt not to hand out one or more of their items during the night phase?
-Is my assumption that players obtain items at the end of the night phase, and can therefore only use them during the next night phase?

I think an 2-wolf 8-player game is unbalanced in favor of the wolves. Humans do have a seer power and a vigi power, but those powers are unreliable because of their fake variants. I'd suggest giving humans some sort of power that makes it possible to distinguish between the real and fake items.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Oricorio

Quote from: davy on December 18, 2023, 10:07:36 AMClarification questions:
-Can both Krampus and Santa send out one of each item each night phase (and is that what you mean by "one per item"?)
-Can Krampus and Santa give items to themselves?
-Can Krampus give items to the Grinch?
-Can Krampus and Santa give multiple items to the same player in the same night phase?
-Can Krampus and Santa opt not to hand out one or more of their items during the night phase?
-Is my assumption that players obtain items at the end of the night phase, and can therefore only use them during the next night phase?

I think an 2-wolf 8-player game is unbalanced in favor of the wolves. Humans do have a seer power and a vigi power, but those powers are unreliable because of their fake variants. I'd suggest giving humans some sort of power that makes it possible to distinguish between the real and fake items.

1. They can only send one item per phase.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. No, see above.
5. Yes, they can idle.
6. Yes, they can use them starting the next night phase, aside from the Bulletproof Vest, which comes into effect immediately.

I'm willing to add one or two humans to the setup if there is demand. Still, the thing about an item-giving setup is that it will always be a little town-sided due to how players can be confirmed, but I've added a couple counter-measures in the setup to limit this.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on December 18, 2023, 09:49:45 AMClarification questions:
-How many votes does the Grink start with?
-When a player loses a vote, is any information about that revealed (either in the phase update or in a PM)?
-Do votes distributed by the Grink return to the vote pool at end of day or are they lost once cast?
- The Grink starts with 0 votes.
- No, but if you think it should be revealed in a phase update I can include it.
- The votes return to the vote pool before the start of the next day. They cannot be lost.

QuoteI think the Grink needs to be seered red regardless of how many votes they had the previous day. Otherwise, a red seering on any night other than night 1 means the Grink wasn't hit, and that just seems counter-intuitive.
My logic is that if the Grink is perma-seered red, that basically means that the human seering gets less effective as the game goes on since there would be more red players. So, counter-intuitively, someone being seered red after N1 makes it more like for them to be human. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Congrats Specs, you can post player sign-ups as soon as you're able!! :D

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL