News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

TWG CXX: Lynch the Grynch Game Thread

Started by SpecsFlyer17, January 06, 2024, 10:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oricorio on January 12, 2024, 12:20:55 AMLooking back at Toby, he voted Xiao for no apparent reason despite having a suspicion on davy. Maybe w!Xiao assumed Toby was the Seer and had a red result on him, especially if Toby was seered blue by the Grinch (which I mean, he's almost certainly Santa). Still, was Xiao paying enough attention to be able to make that move? I mean, he's clearly paying some level of attention, but it's hard to tell to what extent given that he hasn't posted any real game-related thoughts
I'm not sure if that first part would necessarily make sense. Xiao was a pretty safe vote all things considered, and, above all else, if the seer had gotten a red check N1, it would've been in town's best interests for the seer to reveal that sooner rather than later.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Oricorio mentioned that if Xiao is the wolf, not wanting to lose to an inactive (or pretending to be inactive) wolf slot, and while I agree with that general sentiment, I myself would also feel equally bad (if not more so) for us to have a red seering right in front of us and not vote for that person, given the high probability of a red seering being an accurate one. This is especially the case for me when I had already been having prior doubts about Oricorio's humanity. Overall, it's not one or two big things that makes me suspicious of him, but a bunch of little things that would make sense if he is actually the Grinch (I will say though, if he is the Grinch, he's been playing rather well aside from the misfortune of having been seered). Other than what I already brought up in my last line of questioning against him and my suspicion list, I also feel like he's been grasping at straws a bit much this phase, more like he's looking for something that might stick rather than genuine wolfhunting.

In his defense though, although TZP has given us a lot to work with, Xiao has not, so any serious accusation against Xiao would, by its very nature, be grasping at straws. Human!Oricorio would be in an unfortunate position in that regard.

All that being said, Oricorio.

I will likely be around for another hour or so at most; I cannot guarantee that I'll be around for the end of the phase. Unfortunately it seems that my sleep schedule getting messed up has coincided near perfectly with with start of the TWG, as during sign-ups my schedule worked well with the phase ends, yet now it is not.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Another point in Oricorio's defense is that he could be pushing me a lot harder than he actually is. On the other hand, I don't imagine anyone other than THC would bite, so that may not be the best move for wolf!Oricorio regardless.

Also, it must continue to be said, but I feel like we should try and get as many people on board with voting the same person as possible (that includes THC as well *ahem*). Naughty list shenanigans could still affect the lynch, so ideally we should have at least three votes for whoever we end up lynching.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

A bit under 5 hours until D2 ends.

BDS: 1 vote (THC)
davy: 1 vote (davy)
Oricorio: 1 vote (BDS)

Note this reflects the votes submitted and does not include any potential adjustments made from the naughty list.

If you see a mistake, let me know.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

Oricorio

I think Xiao is mainly just outed by PoE. Everyone else has given me more reasons to see them as town (or Grandma in davy's case) and it seems they're just laying low to avoid suspicion. Plus, the Toby kill looks bad for them.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Oricorio on January 11, 2024, 10:44:10 PMI mean, if TZP is the Grinch, I would see him pushing me a bit harder for being red-checked. Then again, maybe he thinks he doesn't need to? It'd still be weird
Saying something like this makes me more, not less, suspicious of you. If you push a player with a red check that makes you more likely to be the Grynch? What? This reads like trying to strong-arm me off of voting you.

I am sorry I've kind of disappeared, have a busy day today. I'll continue to monitor leading up to phase end.

Oricorio

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 12, 2024, 09:35:03 AMSaying something like this makes me more, not less, suspicious of you. If you push a player with a red check that makes you more likely to be the Grynch? What? This reads like trying to strong-arm me off of voting you.

I am sorry I've kind of disappeared, have a busy day today. I'll continue to monitor leading up to phase end.

I know I'm town, therefore if you were the Grinch you would probably push me harder as it would be an easy mislynch that wouldn't even look bad on you when the game goes on after my death. It's not that pushing a red check is wolfy per se, but not hard tunneling a red check on a townie isn't something a wolf would typically do.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 12, 2024, 06:34:31 AM(that includes THC as well *ahem*)
I swear, if you're the Grinch...

I change my vote to Oricorio. We won't accomplish anything by all being in disagreement.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Oricorio

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on January 12, 2024, 10:32:55 AMI swear, if you're the Grinch...

I change my vote to Oricorio. We won't accomplish anything by all being in disagreement.

Why not Xiao?

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Oricorio on January 12, 2024, 10:35:25 AMWhy not Xiao?
Because, as I said, we all need to agree. And you're the only one that wants to vote Xiao.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Oricorio

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on January 12, 2024, 10:55:44 AMBecause, as I said, we all need to agree. And you're the only one that wants to vote Xiao.
Just saying, it seems a bit odd that you are willing to completely sheep BDS with no thoughts of your own after considering him the most likely Grinch

TheZeldaPianist275

Points in Oricorio's favor: zero panic upon being checked red. Kinda just like "well, that sucks for me, but might as well keep wolf-hunting." I feel like a normal wolf reaction after being checked red would be to try to mount a significant case against me or BDS by pulling a narrative out of our posts. The decision to land on Xiao because of inactivity seems clear-headed and honest, and Oricorio doesn't seem desperate to convince any of us?

Points against Oricorio: checked red lol. I'm with BDS that this is a very hard thing to ignore--although in fairness, for both wolf!TZP and wolf!BDS the probable best play is to mount a halfhearted case against Oricorio for it and just trust the inertia in that direction since the humans don't have a better lead.

Xiao for now. I am considering Oricorio strongly as well, though. And if THC wants to articulate the BDS suspicion, I'm still ready to listen.

TheZeldaPianist275

@SpecsFlyer17 , can the Grynch change his color by guessing Santa's identity after Santa is dead?

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 12, 2024, 11:23:23 AM@SpecsFlyer17 , can the Grynch change his color by guessing Santa's identity after Santa is dead?

Yes.

Dead players are eligible to be nice-listed and naughty-listed. A dead or alive Santa can be naughty-listed and their power is removed. The Grinch would become green in that case.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

TheZeldaPianist275

So what I'm hearing is that the seer power is probably useless tonight since the Grynch probably knows Santa