[PS2] .hack//MUTATION - "rtown2 (Λ Server Cultural City Carmina Gadelica)" by Static

Started by Zeta, January 07, 2024, 05:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: .hack//MUTATION
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: rtown2 (Λ Server Cultural City Carmina Gadelica)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

Static

This track is actually from Vol. 2 (Mutation) in a collection of 4 games that mostly share the same soundtrack (as you can see here. I've decided to treat each volume as it's own distinct game for purposes of this site because it keeps in line with other similar ongoing game releases such as FFXIV expansions, and also because the series title ".hack" by itself would be easily confused with later games in the franchise.

Kricketune54

Sorry for a bit of a wait here... that upper RH line sounds like an alarm clock tone

• For upper RH line, at m1-16 and m41-44 I am hearing pitches on beat 2.25 (An) and 3.25 (Cn) respectively, were these intentional simplifications? Main reason was wondering since m25-32 seems to have no simplifications
• m34 RH lower layer, I think I hear 1.0 and 3.0 is Db, 1.75 and 3.75 is Cn

Static

Quote from: Kricketune54 on February 28, 2024, 07:58:51 AM• For upper RH line, at m1-16 and m41-44 I am hearing pitches on beat 2.25 (An) and 3.25 (Cn) respectively, were these intentional simplifications? Main reason was wondering since m25-32 seems to have no simplifications
Nope, wasn't intentional, I just didn't hear those notes at first. Nice catch

Quote from: Kricketune54 on February 28, 2024, 07:58:51 AM• m34 RH lower layer, I think I hear 1.0 and 3.0 is Db, 1.75 and 3.75 is Cn
I hear something different there now, but a bit differently than the above. 1.0 as C, 1.75 as Db, and the rest the same as before.

Kricketune54

Okay! I hear m34 as you have it, and nothing else I have to raise. Approved

Latios212

Looking good! (I'm getting Chrono Cross vibes from this one...)

- The title only has the quotation marks poking out of the margins if you put it on one line - thoughts about that? Regardless, it seems a bit odd to me to have the subsequent mini-titles on two lines since there's more than enough space there
- Hearing this for the second layer in m. 20:
You cannot view this attachment.
- It sounds to me like the melody in m. 25 has an E on top that's resolved to from the previous ascending notes? I similarly hear the top melody a third up frmo what you have in m. 29-30 as well. It's a bit hard to tell though.
- In m. 34, beat 1.75 RH sounds like it could just be a Bb like the surrounding phrases?

Quote from: Kricketune54 on February 28, 2024, 07:58:51 AMFor upper RH line, at m1-16 and m41-44 I am hearing pitches on beat 2.25 (An) and 3.25 (Cn) respectively, were these intentional simplifications? Main reason was wondering since m25-32 seems to have no simplifications
I'm not really sure I hear the A on beat 2.25 prominently at all; maybe omit it for ease of playing as well? Also, while I do hear beat 3.25, it seems that beat 3.5 and 4 (along with some other notes in this line) are more pronounced. Thoughts about maybe adding some accents in this line and similar?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on March 17, 2024, 01:24:07 PMLooking good! (I'm getting Chrono Cross vibes from this one...)
Me too actually... that electric bass + acoustic guitar combination...

Quote from: Latios212 on March 17, 2024, 01:24:07 PM- The title only has the quotation marks poking out of the margins if you put it on one line - thoughts about that? Regardless, it seems a bit odd to me to have the subsequent mini-titles on two lines since there's more than enough space there
I had made it two lines for that very reason, but if you think it's fine then I'll make it one line.

Quote from: Latios212 on March 17, 2024, 01:24:07 PM- Hearing this for the second layer in m. 20:
You cannot view this attachment.
Yep, I hear that too

Quote from: Latios212 on March 17, 2024, 01:24:07 PM- It sounds to me like the melody in m. 25 has an E on top that's resolved to from the previous ascending notes? I similarly hear the top melody a third up frmo what you have in m. 29-30 as well. It's a bit hard to tell though.
I also hear this, as well as a D in m26 and 30.

Quote from: Latios212 on March 17, 2024, 01:24:07 PM- In m. 34, beat 1.75 RH sounds like it could just be a Bb like the surrounding phrases?
Still hear Db there

Quote from: Latios212 on March 17, 2024, 01:24:07 PMI'm not really sure I hear the A on beat 2.25 prominently at all; maybe omit it for ease of playing as well? Also, while I do hear beat 3.25, it seems that beat 3.5 and 4 (along with some other notes in this line) are more pronounced. Thoughts about maybe adding some accents in this line and similar?
I'm hearing both of those notes, but I do agree they're less prominent. I think adding accents would help highlight the more important notes so the reader can make more informed simplifications if they want to, but otherwise I'll leave that part as-is.

Also discussed m23 with Latios over discord, and we decided to add the restrike in the melody on beat 4.5.

Files should be good to go, thanks for checking!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta