Game: Mario Kart Wii
Console: Wii
Title: Coconut Mall
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: Bloop & XiaoMigros

XiaoMigros

Latios212

Ooooh this will make a really nice addition to the site ^^

Quote from: XiaoMigros on January 21, 2024, 02:40:15 PMperformance note for the wrong mk8 note?
What did you mean by this? Since this sheet is for the Wii version, is there something in the MK8 version that provides some musical context?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

the saxophone plays a wrong note (timestamped in the second vid)

Latios212

Mhmm, I just wasn't sure what the relevance is here since this is a sheet of the Wii version anyway.

This is really nice! I unfortunately don't have the time to check the whole thing right now, but I did have a few passing thoughts as I skim. Feel free to wait until I check the rest to address, or get a head start on responding to these things :P
- I'm wondering if there might be a nicer way to writ the key for m. 17-24. The jump from 16 to 17 is bit jarring right now and keyless doesn't quite reflect that the tonality is relatively stable aside from when it changes between certain bars. I've tried out a few things, how would you feel about writing m. 17-20 in E major and 21+ in F major? That would make reading 17+ more palatable and make the transition from 20-21 more apparent, as well as easing the transition into m. 25.
- I think most of the m. 17-25 LH section may look best in bass clef. The Bb in m. 23 is a bit high so maybe just a clef change to treble for a phrase containing that? Balancing the continuity of the line with too many ledger lines below treble is a bit of a tradeoff here.
- I feel like that melody A on beat 2.75 of m. 6 should be there, but it just... isn't?? Same with m. 10 and 14
- The flat on the Bb in m. 35 is unnecessary. Also, how about moving this measure up an octave?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

And the rest of the feedback!
- The Eb is kinda squished up against the previous 16th rest in m. 2
- Bass in 27 goes C-D-D#-E-F instead of C-D-E-F-F#
- I don't really hear the top A in m. 31 beat 2? At least not prominently in the top melody line like the top notes outline in the rest of the section.
- Is it just me or is the D.S. kinda small?

A few missing grace notes in the LH you could write in:
- m. 19 beat 3 - B# grace note before the C#
- m. 21 beat 2.75 - F# grace note before the G
- m. 23 beat 3 - Cn grace note before the D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Quote from: Latios212 on March 06, 2024, 07:18:18 PM- I don't really hear the top A in m. 31 beat 2? At least not prominently in the top melody line like the top notes outline in the rest of the section.
We agree about not being in the top melody line, but think it makes sense to include regardless. Everything else has been changed, thank you for reviewing!

Latios212

Fantastic, changes look great! I just have a final couple of things to note as I skim the new files.
- You could remove the naturals in the key changes. They form a fair amount of clutter without much benefit, actually making it more difficult to tell how many sharps/flats are in the new key signature, in my opinion.
- The last RH notes in m. 26/28 should probably be written as sharps rather than flats since it's chromatically ascending. (I think the following grace notes are probably fine to stay as is with no courtesy natural in that case)

Since those things are rather small I'll leave my approval!

You cannot view this attachment.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

(For the record these points have both been adressed with the current files, thanks!)

Kricketune54

Nice job all, pretty minor stuff from my go through

Quote from: XiaoMigros on January 21, 2024, 02:40:15 PM
Spoiler
performance note for the wrong mk8 note?
(0:36)
[close]

Wrong note? I hear it quote clearly as an Fn in both. I take it you refer to m21 LH beat 3.25?

• m5 you could lower the mf a little to center between the staffs
• m26 RH 4.5 hearing two 16th length grace notes Bn and Cn

Kricketune54

Brief discord discussion, all of my comments have been addressed and the sheet is updated. Now good to accept! Great job both  :)

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Kricketune54.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot