Game: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Order Yet Undeciphered
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

Static

Kricketune54

Thank you for the vgmdb info!

• m39 RH there sounds like some extra space between 4.0 and 4.5- maybe you could make 3.0 a quarter note and 4.0 an 8th rest? Just to indicate more space
• m41-55 where applicable, RH 2.5 hearing Bb not Ab within the current F-C-Ab cluster

Overall not much to say on this one. Nice job

Static

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 04, 2024, 08:29:25 PM• m39 RH there sounds like some extra space between 4.0 and 4.5- maybe you could make 3.0 a quarter note and 4.0 an 8th rest? Just to indicate more space
I had considered that, but since the pedal is being used it wouldn't really make much of a difference. I'll just leave it as is for simplicity.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 04, 2024, 08:29:25 PM• m41-55 where applicable, RH 2.5 hearing Bb not Ab within the current F-C-Ab cluster
Ah, I hear that Bb now, but I think it's from a background organ/string part (the part that crescendos at the end of m42/44/etc.). I hear that Bb being held throughout the all of m41-55. I'd prefer to keep it as written to emphasize the movement of the melody line.

Thanks for taking a look!

Kricketune54

Okay that's fine on both. I forgot to write down one thing last night, which was m67 RH 1.0 I think there's an Ab that's a bit more prominent than the Fn here. Lmk if you here that way but it's one note out of 72 measures lol so will approve

Static

Quote from: Kricketune54 on March 05, 2024, 07:22:36 PMOkay that's fine on both. I forgot to write down one thing last night, which was m67 RH 1.0 I think there's an Ab that's a bit more prominent than the Fn here. Lmk if you here that way but it's one note out of 72 measures lol so will approve
I hear this too, I think the F I heard on beat 1 was just an echo of the one in the previous measure. Changed to Ab.

I also changed the tempo marking to Maestro since I forgot to lol

Bloop

Looking pretty good! Some little things I noticed:

-m8: There's a percussion hit on beat 3 too, instead of just 2.5 and 2.75. Maybe you could remove the ties and add an accent?
-m24 and 28: I don't think I hear the accent on beat 3.75, just 3.5.
-m40: I hear something like a restruck Ab on beat 2.5 in the organ
-m41 (and every similar measure afterwards): I hear a Bb in beat 2.5 instead of a C, making it a Bb7/D chord.
-m57: If you want, you could add a courtesy accidental to the Db in this bar (after having so many Dn's before)
-m71: aw you left out the piano run in beat 3-4 haha, I think it should be possible to put it in or some flourish with both hands that sounds like it? It sounds like two quick downwards arpeggio's of a Db6 chord, both starting on Db on beat 3 and 4, but ending on an F and a Db (about two octaves below).

Static

Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 03:50:46 AM-m8: There's a percussion hit on beat 3 too, instead of just 2.5 and 2.75. Maybe you could remove the ties and add an accent?
Yeah, I forgot why I even wrote it that way to begin with.

Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 03:50:46 AM-m24 and 28: I don't think I hear the accent on beat 3.75, just 3.5.
m28 I already wrote like that, but I adjusted m24.

Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 03:50:46 AM-m40: I hear something like a restruck Ab on beat 2.5 in the organ
I'm not hearing this. The organ sounds to me like it stays on the chord I wrote in m39 beat 4.5, then the background strings and brass crescendo through m40, which makes it sound like there might be another entrance there but I think it's all just being held through that measure.

Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 03:50:46 AM-m41 (and every similar measure afterwards): I hear a Bb in beat 2.5 instead of a C, making it a Bb7/D chord.
I'm still hearing a C there in the organ part. I do hear a Bb but it's in the background like I mentioned to Kricketune, but I'd prefer to leave it out.

Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 03:50:46 AM-m57: If you want, you could add a courtesy accidental to the Db in this bar (after having so many Dn's before)
Usually I don't if it's at the start of a new system, where the key signature is right next to it, but I could add it if you think it would be more helpful.

Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 03:50:46 AM-m71: aw you left out the piano run in beat 3-4 haha, I think it should be possible to put it in or some flourish with both hands that sounds like it? It sounds like two quick downwards arpeggio's of a Db6 chord, both starting on Db on beat 3 and 4, but ending on an F and a Db (about two octaves below).
I was going back and forth on this for awhile lol, I think I'll put it back in.

Bloop

Quote from: Static on March 16, 2024, 08:35:26 AMm28 I already wrote like that, but I adjusted m24.
Oops, I meant m32 instead of m28!

Quote from: Static on March 16, 2024, 08:35:26 AMUsually I don't if it's at the start of a new system, where the key signature is right next to it, but I could add it if you think it would be more helpful.
Ah that's true yeah, it is a bit superfluous in that case. In my first sight-read-through the higher Db in m61 tripped me up a bit more than the chord in m57 haha, but I think that's just me

I'm alright with everything else, so after m32 is fixed I'm ready to accept ^^

Static

Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 12:58:22 PMOops, I meant m32 instead of m28!
Oh yep I hear that too, fixed!
Edit: Upon closer inspection of that drum part, I also changed m8 and 40 to match m24/32.

Quote from: Bloop on March 16, 2024, 12:58:22 PMAh that's true yeah, it is a bit superfluous in that case. In my first sight-read-through the higher Db in m61 tripped me up a bit more than the chord in m57 haha, but I think that's just me
Couldn't hurt to add it in then, added

Thanks for checking!

Bloop

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot