[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - "Link's Memories: Slumbering Power" by gu

Started by Zeta, February 29, 2024, 05:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Link's Memories: Slumbering Power
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: gu

gu

Hi NSM! It's been some time
I'm trying to get back into transcribing, and while I'm getting used to MuseScore 4, I've made some simple arrangements. Here's one from BotW!
I've used  XiaoMigros's "NSM [MU4] v2.3" template, and it helped a lot
Let me know of any arrangements/formatting mistakes you find and, as always, thank you for the attention :)

Bloop

-m1-4: I think I hear the notes somewhat more like this
You cannot view this attachment.
As for some formatting things (not fixed above):
--The 8va could start a little bit earlier, so the "8" of the 8va goes before the first note. It could end a bit earlier too though, with the bracket comfortably after the last note. The 8va at the end of the sheet could be slightly adjusted too.
--The arpeggio wavy lines should start at the bottom of the bottom-most note of a chord, and end at the top of the top-most note. Some of them are a bit low or high atm.
--The con pedale could go down a bit more.
--You could also add a fermate to the L.H. in m4.
-m12 and 13: It's probably best to put the high L.H. notes in the bottom staff, in G clef (and 8va for the E in m13). It's easier to see what kinda jump the L.H. has to make to those high notes, and it makes it easier to see what the rhythm in m12 is.
-m15: I don't hear the G in the L.H. here.

Bloop

Great! I didn't notice at first, but the 8va in the L.H. in m9 could start a bit earlier too for the same reason as the first 8va, but I'll approve for now anyway ^^

gu

Yay! :D
I went ahead and did a little editing on the 8vas through the sheet, putting them slightly behind the notes.

XiaoMigros

Looking good!
  • Tempo marking: Can you go over the revised Formatting Guidelines and make sure it fulfillls the criteria? Also, there's a space missing between the rubato and the note
  • The 8va in m4 should end just after the notes, not at the end of the measure
  • m6: Grace note slurs shouldn't collide with ledger lines, so this slur would best be flipped upwards
  • m9-10: The 8va starts too far in front of the note here, and should extend until just after the notes in m10
  • m12: In beat 1.5 LH, I hear A instead of B
  • m17: I think showing here the 2 quarter rests is a good idea. Also, the 8va line starts too far left and ends too far right
  • m18: While this isn't a hard rule all the sheets I know of using niente use just the letter n, no period at the end

gu

Updated! Thanks Xiao! :)
I've implemented your feedback into the sheet with a new .musicxml, but I disagree about putting the quarter rests on m17.
In the song, the final D and Bb still ring clearly, and I think writing rests might induce the player to cease the pedal, which wouldn't sound right

XiaoMigros

Thanks as well!

Quote from: gu on March 07, 2024, 01:20:56 PMIn the song, the final D and Bb still ring clearly, and I think writing rests might induce the player to cease the pedal, which wouldn't sound right
I don't think the pedal would be released, since the notes in the other layer and in the LH are still sustained (even tied!). Besides, these rests are in front of the notes, rather than behind them.

The reason I think the rests should be shown is to make sure the durations in the measure add up to the correct number of beats, otherwise it's not exactly clear when to start playing these notes.

gu

Oh, I see now, guess I misunderstood it :p
I've put the rests on m17 and updated the .mus and .pdf
Tell me if that's what you meant!

XiaoMigros

Yeah, that's what I meant, looks great! Before I accept I have a few more small comments:
  • My comments regarding the fonts (tempo, arranger text) are still relevant. Also, the n dynamic seems oddly smaller than the other dynamics, can you make sure the sizes match?
  • m9: Since the 8va continues onto the next system, it should be just a line with no end hook
  • m13 beat 2 LH: I think this used to be a half note? It makes more sense as one too, it should be at least as long as the RH beat 2 note.
  • Your arpeggio markings in m1 and m5 seem slightly slanted, ideally they should be completely vertical.
Let me know if anything's unclear or you need assistance implementing anything!

gu

Updated!
I double-checked the formatting guidelines on MuseScore, and everything seems to be fine (Composer: 12pt  bold, Arranger: 12pt regular, "Intimately, rubato": 14pt bold, and Tempo in 12pt regular, all in Times New Roman) but I can't confirm with Notepad if the conversion is messing something up.
About the little n, it was a text with a 9pt size and, by eyeballing, I've changed it to a 12pt bold, which fits well with the other dynamic markings.
I've had to make yet another .musicxml, so hopefully I haven't forget anything, but let me know if I let anything pass :)

XiaoMigros

Alright, I made the last few minor text changes myself and now this sheet is ready to go! Accepting~

Zeta