News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - "Special Stage" by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, March 01, 2024, 04:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Sonic
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Special Stage
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

NineLives

The idea for this arrangement was to start off simple and get a bit more complicated per section before reverting back during the solo-esque part at the end.

Bloop

-m1: The L.H. F# on beat 4.5 should be a Gn
-m30 and on: I think it's alright to keep this part in A major (3 sharps): the solo is playing an A mixolydian scale, which is the same as A major except with a Gn instead of a G# (the same scale used in the first 7 measures). The tonic is still A though, so it doesn't feel like it has modulated.
-m31, 33 and 37: I hear the R.H. grace notes here a semitone lower (so without sharps)
-m34: Instead of grace note and two sixteenths, I hear the C#-D-C# as triplet 16ths or as a mordent on a C#.
-m37: The L.H. in beat 3-4 plays two low Gn's and a high Gn, instead of the two low A's and E. Also, for the R.H., the D-Gn and E-A dyads sound more prominent than the solo melody from beat 3.25, maybe you could arrange those instead?

NineLives

The sheet has been updated with all of the above addressed. :)

Bloop

Two tiny things:
-It's best to break the beam of the triplet like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
I don't think I ever did this myself before actually (or usually always used triplet brackets), but this is the recommended way according to between bars. The way to do this is with the Beam Break Tool in Special Tools, double click the B after the triplet, and select "16th" box in the Beam Durations section.
-I hear the D-Gn's and E-A at the end of m37 an octave higher (though maybe also a Gn and A underneath in power chord voicing, like in m2)

That's all tho!

NineLives

Bloop

XiaoMigros

• Seems like the BPM note doesn't match our new font requirements
  • m1b1 in the LH can be written as a dotted eighth rest, if you'd like

That's all from me though, solid job on this!

NineLives

The bpm note has been updated, but I'm keeping the rests the same because I think it'd make for better readability.

XiaoMigros

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by XiaoMigros.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot