News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG CXXI: True Love Game Thread

Started by Oricorio, March 07, 2024, 06:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raeko

I think everyone has incentive to protect themselves and their lover just by nature of the game. You can't win if you don't survive. Even if you sus your lover, it's gonna be a tough one to lose the game for yourself for the benefit of your team

I agree with Spec. It will probably be a good idea to reveal pairs at some point in the future, but for right now I think getting reactions and noting relationships is a good idea

BlackDragonSlayer

Human lean on MSF and Raeko so far. Neutral lean on Specs and THC so far. Personally, I like Specs' idea of waiting until the next day to reveal lovers (if we even do at all).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 07, 2024, 07:57:56 PMHuman lean on MSF and Raeko so far. Neutral lean on Specs and THC so far. Personally, I like Specs' idea of waiting until the next day to reveal lovers (if we even do at all).
why a human lean on raeko but a neutral lean on Specs?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: raeko on March 07, 2024, 07:52:06 PMI think everyone has incentive to protect themselves and their lover just by nature of the game. You can't win if you don't survive. Even if you sus your lover, it's gonna be a tough one to lose the game for yourself for the benefit of your team
You can still win if you're dead as long as your team wins!

Personally if I genuinely believed my lover to be a wolf I don't think I'd hesitate to lynch them (highly depending on the circumstance though, and what other options are available), but at the same time I understand why others might be a lot more hesitant.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 07, 2024, 07:59:48 PMwhy a human lean on raeko but a neutral lean on Specs?
I got more genuine vibes from Raeko's first post compared to Specs'.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 07, 2024, 08:00:14 PMPersonally if I genuinely believed my lover to be a wolf I don't think I'd hesitate to lynch them (highly depending on the circumstance though, and what other options are available), but at the same time I understand why others might be a lot more hesitant.

As mastersuperfan pointed out, from a human's perspective there is a 1/3 chance they are paired with a wolf, 2/3 they are paired with a human. I'd have to be very confident that my partner is a wolf to risk the odds.

That, combined with the elaborate statistical rundown leads me to believe that self-preservation should not be seen negatively, at least for now.
The "If you were a human, you wouldn't be fighting so hard to save yourself as your partner could be a wolf" card shouldn't really have much weight.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

raeko

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 07, 2024, 08:00:14 PMYou can still win if you're dead as long as your team wins!

Personally if I genuinely believed my lover to be a wolf I don't think I'd hesitate to lynch them (highly depending on the circumstance though, and what other options are available), but at the same time I understand why others might be a lot more hesitant.

Technically you win if your team wins, but you really win when you survive to end game ;)

MSF seemed to come on a little strong by posting right away the suggestion that everyone reveal their lovers. But it is possible they were just fishing for reactions and generating discussion, or thinking out loud to the thread. Not necessarily wolfy but just noting...

Everyone else is pretty neutral so far

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: raeko on March 07, 2024, 10:14:59 PMMSF seemed to come on a little strong by posting right away the suggestion that everyone reveal their lovers. But it is possible they were just fishing for reactions and generating discussion, or thinking out loud to the thread. Not necessarily wolfy but just noting...
I don't think that's a bad thing in this sort of game. We don't have any information to go on yet and we have to lynch someone (I'm assuming No Lynch isn't an option?). If anything the discussion stemming from it has been our first major info of the game.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nakah

OH BOI look at meee I'm in looOoUwUoove!!  Here I go lovin' again!

I don't have much more to say on top of all of the strategy logic that has already been explained, but I do agree that it seems more fun and also beneficial to keep the knowledge of lover parainings 'up in the air' until there is something fishy/inclining for someone to sense and call out...

I suppose I would just ask a direct question(yet lightly) to stir things:

Do any of you guys feel that MasterSuperFun's first post that broke the ice with that meta strategy was a bit quick to the punch? Should we find it suspicipus that he made it a point to declare things that way first with such enthusiasm? I wonder...

Toby

Are cardflips on ??

Part of me feels like if we aren't revealing lovers with the idea to try sus out those who have extra information, we are going to start being suspicious of anyone who starts defending people.

I think master super fans plan is fine. I also don't mind waiting a phase before we reveal to see a contrast

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nakah on March 08, 2024, 12:49:21 AMDo any of you guys feel that MasterSuperFun's first post that broke the ice with that meta strategy was a bit quick to the punch? Should we find it suspicipus that he made it a point to declare things that way first with such enthusiasm? I wonder...
I don't, personally. It does feel a bit strange to me that you and Raeko seem to be pushing the same/similar point about MSF though.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

@Oricorio rule clarification, is full OC allowed or just lover's chat and wolf chat?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Toby

Quote from: Oricorio on March 07, 2024, 06:00:39 PMYou are a Wolf Lover. Your lover is _____, and if they die you will die as well. You win if wolves make up half the remaining players.

Is this role PM accurate or do wolves also get told who the other wolf is somewhere

Toby

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on March 07, 2024, 07:05:23 PMIt's reasonable that a given player will defend their known partner in the interest of self-preservation, which as BDS mentioned, is one person per player. However, each wolf has 3 known players to guard: the other wolf, wolf 1's lover, and wolf 2's lover.

Im going to place a vote on Specs

I think starting the game off with his first post being inside the mind of a wolf is a bit sus. Maybe his only perspective is a wolves perspective

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Toby on March 08, 2024, 06:20:58 AMIm going to place a vote on Specs

I think starting the game off with his first post being inside the mind of a wolf is a bit sus. Maybe his only perspective is a wolves perspective

I disagree, I have a slight townread on Specs. I think his posts have been the most helpful so far and I don't think it's strange for a human to be thinking from that angle.

light sus on raeko and Nakah. not because they called me out in particular, but because their first posts each came across as somewhat vacuous and parrot-y to me. I would like to see some more concrete reasoning on why you agree with previous posts that we should wait to reveal instead of revealing now.

none of this sus is very strong. I would still feel comfortable voting for Specs, if not for the possibility that Toby could be a wolf who's trying to get an early push on a human-human pair. perhaps it would be a little ballsy for a wolf to do so, but not implausible. if I can feel relatively okay that Toby is human (moreso than others) I don't think Specs is an unreasonable vote.

it will be hard to distinguish between human sus and wolf pushes in this game. if a human is too stubborn about their sus it could be seen as wolfy, but if a human is too quick to change then they can be manipulated by the wolves. seems tough