News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

TWG CXXI: True Love Game Thread

Started by Oricorio, March 07, 2024, 06:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

not convinced that we shouldn't reveal before the end of d1. will think more on why
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

raeko

Nakah coming in and sheeping my read is noted

I like Toby's vote on Specs and I think the logic makes sense. Not sure if Toby's post about wolves knowing who the other wolf is was supposed to be a possible dumb tell?

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 08, 2024, 06:57:56 AMnot convinced that we shouldn't reveal before the end of d1. will think more on why

I still don't think we want to reveal so early, but I am willing to hear you out if you think more on it and feel like explaining

ThatHiddenCharacter

Why is Specs being voted? Specs is currently my highest townread (only by a small margin, though), and I don't see him having posted anything suspicious. If anything, I find raeko and Toby to be a bit suspicious. raeko's posts feel a bit like fluff, and Toby made a vote in only his third post, giving only one reason as to why. Out of those two, Toby definitely feels more sus to me, but I'm keeping my eye on both of them.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Toby

Quote from: raeko on March 08, 2024, 08:02:16 AMI like Toby's vote on Specs and I think the logic makes sense. Not sure if Toby's post about wolves knowing who the other wolf is was supposed to be a possible dumb tell?

No im aware the wolves know eachother,

I was just curious to know why it wasn't included in the role PM, mostly because I'm curious if Wolf A is told in their role PM on who Wolf B's lover is

mastersuperfan

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 08, 2024, 09:01:57 AMWhy is Specs being voted? Specs is currently my highest townread (only by a small margin, though), and I don't see him having posted anything suspicious. If anything, I find raeko and Toby to be a bit suspicious. raeko's posts feel a bit like fluff, and Toby made a vote in only his third post, giving only one reason as to why. Out of those two, Toby definitely feels more sus to me, but I'm keeping my eye on both of them.

someone has to get the ball rolling, don't they?

THC, who do you read as town?

mastersuperfan

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 08, 2024, 09:57:59 AMsomeone has to get the ball rolling, don't they?

THC, who do you read as town?
who else* besides Specs

Oricorio

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 08, 2024, 05:23:01 AM@Oricorio rule clarification, is full OC allowed or just lover's chat and wolf chat?

Full OC allowed

Oricorio

Current votecount:

SpecsFlyer17: 2 (Toby, mastersuperfan)

raeko

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 08, 2024, 09:01:57 AMWhy is Specs being voted? Specs is currently my highest townread (only by a small margin, though), and I don't see him having posted anything suspicious. If anything, I find raeko and Toby to be a bit suspicious. raeko's posts feel a bit like fluff, and Toby made a vote in only his third post, giving only one reason as to why. Out of those two, Toby definitely feels more sus to me, but I'm keeping my eye on both of them.
Fair enough, I think everyone's posts feel a bit fluffy at the moment as it's only the first phase and there hasn't been much to comment on

Do you find Toby's vote on Specs to be suspicious? Or is it the fact that they voted in general?

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 08, 2024, 09:57:59 AMTHC, who do you read as town?
Well, it was you, BDS, and Specs, but since you jumped on the Specs vote right after claiming you have a slight townread on Specs, I'm no longer sure about you. All three of you were stimulating conversation by bringing up plans/ideas, none of which seemed particularly sus either. But now it's really just BDS and Specs for me (for now, I believe some people still haven't spoken).

Quote from: raeko on March 08, 2024, 10:28:06 AMDo you find Toby's vote on Specs to be suspicious? Or is it the fact that they voted in general?
A bit of both. The context behind the vote, being his third post with only one admittedly flimsy reasoning for it, is suspicious in and of itself. Adding that to the fact that I feel Specs is the least suspicious person for now, it just doesn't sit well with me. I don't plan on voting until I get a reply from him, though. He has posted since I mentioned it, but conveniently completely ignored my post. Also doesn't sit well with me.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 07, 2024, 06:48:26 PMPersonally, I think there's merit to the plan of everyone revealing their lover, but at the same time accidental slip-ups of wolves trying to defend the human lovers of *both* wolves is likely going to be a big part of the game. If we put everything on the table there's less chance of catching such slip-ups.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

SpecsFlyer17

Accidentally quoted without typing above there.

My post did involve wolf perspective as Toby pointed out, but I was compounding on BDSs comment above about how the wolves would need to consider protecting multiple players.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

TheZeldaPianist275

Hey everyone! Sorry to have missed the first bits of discussion. Raeko and MSF welcome back, it's been a few years since I've played with you!

Re: the lover discussion, I think I disagree with the consensus that it's to our advantage to keep that information to ourselves. I think it's noteworthy that the wolves have to steer the mislynch vote away from a full half of the lobby. In a usual game the wolves have a much greater margin of error for who can be lynched without it being disadvantageous for them. If we are essentially choosing between 4 lynch candidates rather than 8, it becomes much harder for them to hide, and knowing who goes down with who as a package deal frees up info for the discussion. I do see the appeal though of keeping that info quiet to try to trap people into disingenuous pushes, so I'm open to being persuaded, I suppose.

I've also never played a day-only game lol, this is gonna feel strange, even more than day-start games. Right now I'm human-leaning MSF for a pretty aggressive reaction test on Specs.

Also Nakah, damn, how does it feel playing here after starting this 16 (!) years ago?

mastersuperfan

re: why I think we should reveal before the end of d1:

I'm inclined to agree with what TZP says here (notable part bolded):
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 08, 2024, 11:30:00 AMRe: the lover discussion, I think I disagree with the consensus that it's to our advantage to keep that information to ourselves. I think it's noteworthy that the wolves have to steer the mislynch vote away from a full half of the lobby. In a usual game the wolves have a much greater margin of error for who can be lynched without it being disadvantageous for them. If we are essentially choosing between 4 lynch candidates rather than 8, it becomes much harder for them to hide, and knowing who goes down with who as a package deal frees up info for the discussion. I do see the appeal though of keeping that info quiet to try to trap people into disingenuous pushes, so I'm open to being persuaded, I suppose.

I think the other thing on my mind is that if we don't know the pairs, then someone defending someone else could be misinterpreted as a wolfy play (i.e. a wolf protecting their wolf partner or wolf partner's lover) when it might actually just be a human protecting their own lover. but in that case, maybe they could just reveal their lover relationship on the spot to clarify why they're being protective?