News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

TWG CXXI: True Love Game Thread

Started by Oricorio, March 07, 2024, 06:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 08, 2024, 09:01:57 AMWhy is Specs being voted? Specs is currently my highest townread (only by a small margin, though), and I don't see him having posted anything suspicious. If anything, I find raeko and Toby to be a bit suspicious. raeko's posts feel a bit like fluff, and Toby made a vote in only his third post, giving only one reason as to why. Out of those two, Toby definitely feels more sus to me, but I'm keeping my eye on both of them.

And I did ignore this because I was just fishing for reactions really and kind of just fabricated my reasoning for voting specs. So I didn't have much to say to defend it

raeko

I am also busy today and won't be able to post much. I'll try to get on a few more times when I am able

MSF is indeed my lover. It's OK you revealed before I could respond, I was thinking last night that I wanted to do that anyway

I was slightly wolf reading MSF yesterday but after reading the stuff from this morning I think I've changed my mind. I'm definitely not wolf reading him enough that I would want to sacrifice myself

If THC and Nakah are lovers I would probably want to lynch one of them. I still don't have a town read on THC and Nakah is just afk and when he was here he didn't really say much of anything

I know they can't both be wolves but I feel like there is a solid reasoning for either one of them to be a wolf so that's where I'm at really

I will put my vote on Nakah for now

I won't be able to pay too much attention to the thread but I'll try to come back before EoD to make sure this is still where I want my vote

Nakah

Don't vote me out sorry I've been afk because I work overnights(Not as a wolf, as a package-handler). I have some catching up to do with the thread...

I find it suspicious that Raeko wants to put a vote on me after saying "If THC and Nakah are lovers I would probably want to lynch one of them." -Since this obviously would take both THC and I out.

I say this because THC and I are indeed fact lovers. I feel it's necessary to state this now since I'm apparently high on people's suspicion list. I haven't been able to keep up with the thread due to work, and there's been a lot of posting/strategic talk that has been a bit for me to keep up with. I honestly haven't dived into a TWG in months/years between here and the FFR website.

I feel it's kind of worth noting that THC apologized to me in DM about the probability of us both getting lynched early on do to feeling that they back themselves into a corner with their charisma in game usually. So that kind of gives me a town feel about THC, but I haven't corresponded with THC other than that so I don't really know and I still need to evaluate the posts they've made.

Since I'm being voted by Raeko, and she states that she's kind of unsure about whether to vote me(and is going to wait until close to end of day phase to decide about her vote), them I'm going to put a likewise unsure kind of vote on her as a reaction test as well to see what happens...

I'll come back with more to say in a bit. I have the weekend off thankfully.

Nakah

Also I wanted to say that I too have the tendency to back myself into a corner on Day 1 especially with my posting charisma, so please bear with me on that lol I need to break my mentality back into this.

That being said, I just realized my signature gifs of the three dancing palm tree is totally how I feel about Raeko trying to vote me and ride the Nakah suspicious bus wave this early in game. Traitor ^_^

raeko

Woweeeeeee I voted for you so you voted for me back

Who do you think is a wolf tho :thinking:

Oricorio

Current votecount:
SpecsFlyer17: 1 (Toby)
Nakah: 1 (BlackDragonSlayer)
Toby: 1 (ThatHiddenCharacter)
ThatHiddenCharacter: 1 (mastersuperfan)
Raeko: 2 (TheZeldaPianist275, Nakah)
Nakah: 1 (Raeko)

As always, if I'm missing anything let me know!

Nakah

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 08, 2024, 05:58:51 PMNo. Raeko and Nakah because they both expressed the same/similar opinion about you.

Okay sorry triple post, but I need to clarify this. I'll make another post about actual reads in a bit when I've re-read the thread more.

I actually didn't even read Raeko's original post thoroughly when she stated basically the same idea I did about MasterSuperFan's first post. I kinda glazed over her post quickly as with most peoples before posting. This was due to the fact that I was rushing a post real quick in between shifts at my job around 3:50am before I had to go clock back in lol.

I do recall thinking around 9am when I got out of work that "oh I need to address that someone called that parallel mind-melding out." I was going to say that I was spooked that Raeko and I actually said the same exact thing. Due to the fact that we aren't paired as lovers. I was going to say that I can't prove that obviously so that would seem spooky to everyone else, but since I know for a fact myself that we aren't paired lovers that I am actually spooked. What are the odds lol we thought the same way without even knowing. She's probably like rofl you idiot.

I'm just voting Raeko at the nonce to put a bit of pressure on her and to see what transpires...I don't necessarily have a deep wolf lean vibe coming from them.

Also I did not intentionally sheep BDS' read. Same thing as before, I need to re-read this thread and give it more thought before making my own read. I kind of glazed over the first page and most of the second page in between shifts because there was too much meta talk going on and I had to make it in for the next shift quickly. I acknowledge this being a poor excuse and not that town-like seeming. If I were a wolf though I'd probably point fingers more at someone else other than Raeko with some sort of made up confidence to twist things, though. Instead I admit I'm quite dumbfounded at the moment.

mastersuperfan

raeko, what made you sus of THC initially? What makes you still sus of him now?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Oricorio on March 09, 2024, 11:13:18 AMCurrent votecount:
SpecsFlyer17: 1 (Toby)
Nakah: 1 (BlackDragonSlayer)
Toby: 1 (ThatHiddenCharacter)
ThatHiddenCharacter: 1 (mastersuperfan)
Raeko: 2 (TheZeldaPianist275, Nakah)
Nakah: 1 (Raeko)

As always, if I'm missing anything let me know!

I think Specs voted for Nakah?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

raeko

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 11:16:57 AMraeko, what made you sus of THC initially? What makes you still sus of him now?

Mostly his reaction to Toby's Specs vote, but his reaction makes more sense now that we know that it actually wasn't a real vote

I just don't town read him and slightly wolf read nakah so they seem like the best bet overall

SpecsFlyer17

I did, and the Nakah is listed twice there.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

SpecsFlyer17

Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

raeko

The last few games I've played with Nakah he has been town and his tone was very different than this game. He was talking in crazy metaphors and his usual lord of the rings sounding wording of things

Quote from: Nakah on March 09, 2024, 11:04:56 AMposting charisma

Sure let's call it that

He's missing his usual silly "posting charisma" and taking the game more seriously. I think this leans wolfy for him

Nakah

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 08, 2024, 09:43:41 PMThat was absolutely not my only reason, and I even specified that it was the less important reason. My main reason was because it was Toby's third post, and he only gave one reason that didn't even feel like a good reason to place a vote so quickly. I understand voting is important in a day-only game like this, but that doesn't mean we have to rush votes out in the first half of the phase. And I didn't like msf's vote because he had said only a couple posts before that he was slightly leaning town on Specs, then basically just jumped on Toby's vote with what basically amounted to a "YEET!". Now, I fully recognize that it could just be a reaction test, which is why it only brought msf to a neutral lean for me.

I quote this because I feel it's actually worthwhile to defend my lover here. I cannot vouch entirely that they are town but this definitely reads in my mind as leaning towards town. I agree about Toby seeming suspicious for the reason highlighted in the quote, as well as general posts since then. I'll dive more into in a moment.

First I wanted to draw my perspective on the reads others have made thus far. This is what ZeldaPianist listed as his most-to-least human seeming list:

1. Toby
2. MSF
3. THC
4. Specs
5. BDS
6. Raeko
7. Nakah

^To me, putting Toby high up on the list is giving a bit too much early assurance to verify them as town. I'm not  feeling the same vibe about Toby thus far, so to see them being put on a town pedestal is a bit disconcerting. Putting Raeko and myself on the bottom of the list is a put like stuffing us in the well with a pitch fork...I can sense the Raeko read a bit because I also have a weird feeling about how Raeko has come out Day 1 with casualness followed by sudden siding with people and trigger pointing at me. BDS is actually giving me a bit of a weird vibe as well.

Alright, having read the thread now, there's too many read lists, and I have to say I actually agree with THC's list most compared to ZeldaPianist's; and so I need to make my own list of reads.

BEHOLD!

Players:

1. BDS  ~Thus far, everything I've read by BDS has been platform text strategy, whatever that means to you I mean mostly linear straight factual talk. I think this is a bit of a shield, but his reasoning to me doesn't sound that assuring towards the truth. I sense a hint of weaving the web for the stage here. Difficult to describe, I need to bring up more details from his posts, but for now I'm going to give BDS a Wolfy Check.

2. ThatHiddenCharacter  ~This person, I did not really pay attention to at all until today when I read the DM they send me, and realized I needed to speak up due to them feeling like they were cornering themselves in the thread, and the fact that we are paired lovers. I need to state that I strongly feel that everything THC has posted thus far resounds truthful to me. I feel the same way about a lot of his reads, that's why I didn't list it above because they were a bit too long, but there's nothing but an honest feeling when I read them. As far charisma goes, his spoken words sound self-exclamatory which is a sign of town-fulness. Giving THC a Town Check

3. SpecsFlyer17  ~This person as well, perhaps even more-so over everyone else, has spoken with truthful strategy early on that made more sense to me than MasterSuperFan and BDS. I'm not sure why some people have tried to put Specs close to the chopping block, but I want those people to be noted in the minds of everyone in the game, because I find it suspicious to try to lean a wolf check on this guy. I feel that they have the highest Town Check thus far, above BDS(I say him because there seems to be a defense vibe in peoples minds where BDS is getting a green pass for no apparent reason) and above THC. tl;dr ...Town Check. 

4. Nakah ~I came out a bit whimsical with nothing important to say, as I always to Day 1 in TWG's and it usually makes me appear weak and sheep'ish. This immediately was called out lol, and I apologize for not having my head in the game right away with meta-strategic talk. I tend to not be able to analyze things right off the bat with mathematical deductive reasoning about how the layout should go, and I tend to like to drop in softly and see what transpires, especially as town. If I were wolf, I'd probably stay back a bit and drop in with some teaming ideas to twist things...naturally that's what is in the wolves best interest as stated by SpecsFlyer17 THAT THE WOLVES HAVE A PRIORITY TO DEFEND EACH OTHER AND EACH OTHER'S LOVERS ....This and THIS most importantly is what we need to read between the lines and look for. This is why I believe deeply in Town Check for Specs thus far.

5. Raeko ~I pretty much have to agree with Spec's read on you in summarization...Sorry to sound like I'm riding the bus with Spec a lot in this post, but when he states: Raeko: Claimed to like Toby's reasoning for voting me, with I naturally disagree with. Could be genuine, could be using the opportunity to bandwagon on someone who isn't a wolf/wolf's lover. Just a possibility, but a slight suspicion. ....This is pretty much what I would have written as a read for you thus far, but in a neater context without paragraphs of explanation like I'm doing here lol...I'm otherwise just interested in seeing your future reactions and the reactions around you. Leaning a Wolf Check[/i] for now.

6. TheZeldaPianist275 ~You're coming off as polite and trying to be helpful, but as I've seen a lot of your posts kind of go against the general ideas that were being presented, and you're kind of popping in here and there with not much for me to read. Suspicious but a Town Check[/i] for now.

7. mastersuperfan  ~I have to agree with Specs a lot about your posting. It could be helpful the strategy you've presented, but it's also something a wolf would do off the bat...Also you did vote for spec which makes no sense to me. It sounds as though you wish to twist things and push heat with the irons in the furnace and make things shift towards suspicious fighting so the wolves can make a counter attack decision. You get a [/u]Wolf Check[/u] from me, especially because of my first post where I found what you stated as strange.

8. Toby ~So far I've seen gentle posting with not much attempt to dive into details...Kind of giving the smooth pass to let things evolve as they go along and see what unfolds. States on page 1 in one of their posts. where they say:
I think master super fans plan is fine. I also don't mind waiting a phase before we reveal to see a contrast
-This to me sounds a bit like teaming with mastersuperfan for unnecessary reasons. Why is it fine? Why do you not mind if we let things slip. Let it be noted that MasterSuperFan switches his vote onto Specsflyer17 to turn up the heat 

Wew long post...I have much more to say, but I just realized there's been a ton of posting since I started this post. Shall return with more.

Nakah

Ahhh uh oh sorry bbc tag mistake...I won't edit my post but that reallllyyy makes it seem informal lol.