News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

TWG CXXI: True Love Game Thread

Started by Oricorio, March 07, 2024, 06:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

Sorry, we're in EDT lol....but that last post by ZeldaPianist is very suspicious, because I feel town check for THC, who is my paired lover, and I don't feel town check for Raeko/MSF.....Both of which are being a bit inactive until probably the last second as wolves do.

I'm willing to bet right now that MSF is more Town than Raeko....but I don't want to push a vote on Raeko.

I'm feeling right now that the possible wolf team may be BDS and Raeko....I'm therefore keeping my vote on BDS for now.

Nakah

Ohh okay nevermind I see, Day 1 officially ends at 9pm EDT...

Could the host please simply state the official phase ending time in EDT format so I don't sound like a fool of a took. Or in format of the forum time...instead of giving 48 hours and then I have to calculate as my mind wanders in this post and you keep reading it wondering why I'm typing with nothing else to say and I giggle because it's TWG and every takes Day 1 so seriously and here I am trying to break my mind into it again and no one has sent me any PMs for conversation which makes me feel bad inside like a left out kid at the playground but also makes me wonder what kind of scheme'ing is happening in the background and how many PMs are going around and whether the wolves are trying to be PM overlords like spiders....

So if you're getting a lot of PM discussion, my bet is that you're coordinating with the high likely-hood of Wolves. As a town I have not PM'd anyone and only have received one PM from my lover, THC.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 02:11:00 PMbut right now I'm not sure you're factoring it in.
I am factoring it in. At this point, for those two groups, it's between raeko and TZP being wolf for me. The real question is who am I more willing to lose as town, you or BDS. The problem is, I kinda see both sets as equal. I think at this point, I feel raeko and TZP are about equally sus to me, which isn't a lot, and I think losing either you or BDS (assuming you are town) would be equally bad.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

BlackDragonSlayer

Catching up now. Again, gonna try to go page-by-page.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 09:11:27 AMMSF - raeko
TZP - BDS
Specs - Toby
THC - Nakah
This is certainly an interesting outcome if it's indeed the case. Elaborating on what you said about the THC/Nakah pair, assuming one of those people is a wolf, there has to be some level of intentional distancing going on (probably assuming that earlier pushes won't end up being as serious and might actually end up taking the heat off certain people).
1. Assuming the wolf pair is, say, Toby/THC, that would mean that THC would be aware that Toby's vote for Specs was not genuine and probably wouldn't have reacted as strongly (it didn't look good for THC, imo).
2. Assuming the wolf pair is, say, Specs/THC, I don't think THC would have been so careless as to directly reveal his ties to his wolf partner (though it's possible he was just trying to act from what he thought was a "human being surprised that his most human read has two votes already" angle and misjudged what other people thought of Specs).
3. Assuming the wolf pair is, say, Toby/Nakah, that means THC was a human defending human Specs, which seems like too much of a coincidence and makes that whole conclusion a bit of a stretch.

That being said, given Specs' vote on Nakah, piling on top of mine, I'm inclined to agree for the time being that THC/Nakah probably isn't a wolf/human pair. Which leads me to my next point.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 09, 2024, 09:24:03 AMMost human—If Toby and Specs are indeed partners I think that's Toby's early vote on him was probably an early game reaction test, an aggressive one I don't think a wolf would have thought of
It's interesting that you put Toby as most human. I don't think it's an aggressive play at all for a wolf to fake a push on their lover early in a phase, especially when they're part of the push and can easily pivot away from it at any time if it ends up gaining any actual steam. If anything, a "failed" push would be much more likely to pull actual heat off their lover, which, in turn, would make the wolf more likely to survive.

This train of thought is a bit strange to me and makes me think that TZP/Toby (or TZP/Specs) could be a possible pairing.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 09:39:14 AMif raeko's paired with Nakah I'm not sure she would have suggested lynching THC to me
At this point in time I don't think Raeko/Nakah is a wolf pairing, though it's entirely possible one of them could be a wolf individually.

Quote from: Toby on March 09, 2024, 10:02:21 AMMy initial vote was purely a reaction test I just wanted to vote for Specs as my partner to see both his reaction and others
I'm assuming this is confirmation of Specs/Toby as lovers.

QuoteReading thc and Mario as town.
Not even gonna speculate who Mario is supposed to be :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

I think the reason I feel most comfortable voting BDS/TZP is that both of them have been so removed from a lot of the main action this round that, if one of them is a wolf, I think there's a good chance they're going to dangerously fly under the radar in future rounds because there won't be enough to lynch them. given that the me/raeko and THC/Nakah options are and have been pretty contentious, and essentially opposite each other, I worry that if we lynch one of these pairs today then we lynch the other tomorrow, and we get screwed by any BDS/TZP/Toby/Specs wolf pair that could've easily flown under the radar and garnered influence because they managed to escape heavy attention.

not sure if that's a good reason. it seems to me at least that BDS's comments have remained somewhat light and not making any strong assertions or moves, and TZP's comments were mechanistic / strategy for a while; neither really got involved in the thick of the discussions. I do somewhat townread TZP for reaction testing BDS, taking the initiative to out lovers, and having a readslist similar to mine, but I worry whether I'm being buddied to some extent.

I think I would be quite surprised if both wolves were among raeko, THC, and Nakah because of the aggression between raeko and THC/Nakah. I think that means there's probably a wolf between BDS/TZP/Specs/Toby.

---

ninja'd by BDS
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SpecsFlyer17

Going to place a vote on raeko.

I still don't like their reaction to Toby's vote on me, for reasons I mentioned in post 122.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

mastersuperfan

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on March 09, 2024, 04:05:21 PMGoing to place a vote on raeko.

I still don't like their reaction to Toby's vote on me, for reasons I mentioned in post 122.

Specs, what would be your second most preferred lynch after me/raeko?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Oricorio

SpecsFlyer17: 1 (Toby)
Nakah: 2 (BlackDragonSlayer, Raeko)
Raeko: 3 (TheZeldaPianist275, ThatHiddenCharacter, SpecsFlyer17)
BlackDragonSlayer: 2 (Nakah, mastersuperfan)

110 more minutes!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: raeko on March 09, 2024, 10:49:36 AMI am also busy today and won't be able to post much. I'll try to get on a few more times when I am able

MSF is indeed my lover. It's OK you revealed before I could respond, I was thinking last night that I wanted to do that anyway

I was slightly wolf reading MSF yesterday but after reading the stuff from this morning I think I've changed my mind. I'm definitely not wolf reading him enough that I would want to sacrifice myself

If THC and Nakah are lovers I would probably want to lynch one of them. I still don't have a town read on THC and Nakah is just afk and when he was here he didn't really say much of anything

I know they can't both be wolves but I feel like there is a solid reasoning for either one of them to be a wolf so that's where I'm at really

I will put my vote on Nakah for now

I won't be able to pay too much attention to the thread but I'll try to come back before EoD to make sure this is still where I want my vote
Interesting vote especially in the context of what happened just before, i.e. the lover pair reveals suggestion that basically everyone has it out for one of the THC/Nakah pairing.

I'm gonna go ahead and say right now that I'm probably going to change my vote by the time I'm done catching up, likely to Specs. I think we can re-evaluate the THC/Nakah pairing later, but given the reveal of the lover pairings I think I'd prefer to steer clear from lynching them for now.

Quote from: Nakah on March 09, 2024, 11:01:10 AMI feel it's kind of worth noting that THC apologized to me in DM about the probability of us both getting lynched early on do to feeling that they back themselves into a corner with their charisma in game usually. So that kind of gives me a town feel about THC, but I haven't corresponded with THC other than that so I don't really know and I still need to evaluate the posts they've made.
Interesting. I hope THC will elaborate on this.

Quote from: Nakah on March 09, 2024, 11:15:30 AMI actually didn't even read Raeko's original post thoroughly when she stated basically the same idea I did about MasterSuperFan's first post. I kinda glazed over her post quickly as with most peoples before posting. This was due to the fact that I was rushing a post real quick in between shifts at my job around 3:50am before I had to go clock back in lol.

I do recall thinking around 9am when I got out of work that "oh I need to address that someone called that parallel mind-melding out." I was going to say that I was spooked that Raeko and I actually said the same exact thing. Due to the fact that we aren't paired as lovers. I was going to say that I can't prove that obviously so that would seem spooky to everyone else, but since I know for a fact myself that we aren't paired lovers that I am actually spooked. What are the odds lol we thought the same way without even knowing. She's probably like rofl you idiot.
Fair enough, I think we can chalk it up to you to have similar thought processes. It was more than a bit weird but not entirely suspicious, especially given information we've gotten since then.

Quote from: raeko on March 09, 2024, 11:48:38 AMThe last few games I've played with Nakah he has been town and his tone was very different than this game. He was talking in crazy metaphors and his usual lord of the rings sounding wording of things
In his defense, people's posting style can often change from site to site depending on each site's "culture."

With so little time left in the phase, I find it a bit concerning how Raeko is piling on a lynch that's already picked up steam. I would be more comfortable with it had Raeko placed a vote earlier (say, before Specs). As I said though, I myself am likely to change my vote.

In addition to the TZP/Toby (or TZP/Specs) pairs I mentioned earlier, I would also potentially sub Raeko out for TZP in those pairings.

Quote from: Nakah on March 09, 2024, 12:14:18 PM^To me, putting Toby high up on the list is giving a bit too much early assurance to verify them as town. I'm not  feeling the same vibe about Toby thus far, so to see them being put on a town pedestal is a bit disconcerting. Putting Raeko and myself on the bottom of the list is a put like stuffing us in the well with a pitch fork...I can sense the Raeko read a bit because I also have a weird feeling about how Raeko has come out Day 1 with casualness followed by sudden siding with people and trigger pointing at me. BDS is actually giving me a bit of a weird vibe as well.
Speaking of mindmelds, both of us were a bit sus of TZP's reads list. I've already said why I was weirded out by his reasoning for putting Toby up as high as he did, but to touch on your point of TZP putting you and Raeko all the way at the bottom, that feels a bit like a typical/"expected" placement (i.e. to go with the flow of what most people have generally been leaning toward) rather than a genuine placement.

Also, props for making such a substantive suspicion list; I can definitely say, though, that some of your placements seem to contradict what I'd have expected with what you've said so far (most notably, putting TZP as town despite pointing out the weirdness of his reads list just above).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 09, 2024, 04:15:30 PMInteresting. I hope THC will elaborate on this.
I actually intended on sending that message the moment I saw Nakah was my lover. My first thought was, 'Ah, I'm going to ruin the game for the NSM TWG veteran by being me.' And I felt bad about it, but I can't really change how I play, cause I tend to speak how I think without much forethought.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on March 09, 2024, 01:01:17 PMAlright, so the game is solved, save for a convoluted plot behind the scenes where people agreed to lie.
i don't think the game is solved by any stretch of the imagination

QuoteRegarding Toby's reaction test, I was a bit surprised by the lack of negative reaction towards his vote on me. However, knowing him to be my lover, I figured it was a reaction test and it likely wouldn't stick.
Why were you surprised? I don't think there was much reason for a negative reaction toward his vote—which is why I called THC out for his reaction.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 01:35:51 PMninja'd. THC the fact that you changed your mind on your vote after you said you were pretty sure it wouldn't change doesn't sit amazingly with me. my wolfread on you isn't as strong as it was previously but I would still be willing to vote you/Nakah out if TZP/BDS doesn't go through or if me/raeko is going to get voted out instead.
I think the only thing preventing me from sticking with a THC/Nakah vote is what you mentioned earlier (i.e. so many people have been gunning for them that it feels like a wolf push against an easy pair). Plus, now that Nakah has actually popped in and delivered some substantial content, my initial reasons for wanting to vote him have already been addressed, somewhat.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 04:00:59 PMand we get screwed by any BDS/TZP/Toby/Specs wolf pair that could've easily flown under the radar and garnered influence because they managed to escape heavy attention.
Honestly, this is a very good point. While I do feel that TZP is more sus than BDS by quite a bit, it is much more likely that if raeko/msf is voted today, Nakah/me will be voted tomorrow, and I think I'd be pretty upset for advocating that course of events. There's also the fact that, once again, it seems most everyone is jumping on the raeko/msf train, which has me concerned that it's a h/h pair.

I'm changing my vote to BDS. Sorry buddy, just know that I'm only doing it to get rid of TZP, you just have more votes on you.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 09, 2024, 04:33:13 PMThere's also the fact that, once again, it seems most everyone is jumping on the raeko/msf train, which has me concerned that it's a h/h pair.

I mean at this point Toby/Specs is the only pair that hasn't come under fire as a lynch target so surely we should just lynch them instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 04:00:59 PMI think the reason I feel most comfortable voting BDS/TZP is that both of them have been so removed from a lot of the main action this round that, if one of them is a wolf, I think there's a good chance they're going to dangerously fly under the radar in future rounds because there won't be enough to lynch them. given that the me/raeko and THC/Nakah options are and have been pretty contentious, and essentially opposite each other, I worry that if we lynch one of these pairs today then we lynch the other tomorrow, and we get screwed by any BDS/TZP/Toby/Specs wolf pair that could've easily flown under the radar and garnered influence because they managed to escape heavy attention.
Out of curiosity, why do you feel that about me/TZP but not Specs/Toby, who it seems to me (and least upon first glance) have been significantly less involved in the "main action" of this phase?

Though I'm not inherently opposed to TZP going down (at great personal cost), I'd personally prefer to lynch what I feel is the more "reliable" wolf pair at the moment (Specs/Toby).

Quotenot sure if that's a good reason. it seems to me at least that BDS's comments have remained somewhat light and not making any strong assertions or moves
Wasn't I the first person to (at least, publicly) direct suspicion toward THC, though? As well as pointing out the seeming Raeko/Nakah mindmeld (and pointing suspicion toward Nakah)?

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 09, 2024, 04:28:29 PMI actually intended on sending that message the moment I saw Nakah was my lover. My first thought was, 'Ah, I'm going to ruin the game for the NSM TWG veteran by being me.' And I felt bad about it, but I can't really change how I play, cause I tend to speak how I think without much forethought.
... :P

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 09, 2024, 04:33:13 PMHonestly, this is a very good point. While I do feel that TZP is more sus than BDS by quite a bit, it is much more likely that if raeko/msf is voted today, Nakah/me will be voted tomorrow, and I think I'd be pretty upset for advocating that course of events. There's also the fact that, once again, it seems most everyone is jumping on the raeko/msf train, which has me concerned that it's a h/h pair.

I'm changing my vote to BDS. Sorry buddy, just know that I'm only doing it to get rid of TZP, you just have more votes on you.
Being lynched because someone else is more suspicious. Imagine that.

I don't really want MSF/Raeko lynched this phase, at least compared to Toby/Specs or TZP. I'm conflicted about the possibility of changing my vote to Raeko, and likely will not.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 04:35:03 PMI mean at this point Toby/Specs is the only pair that hasn't come under fire as a lynch target so surely we should just lynch them instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And that makes me feel like Toby's earlier Specs vote was a deliberate ploy to lead to that outcome.

Specs

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Omg I typed up a post but the signal in this hotel is so bad

Sorry for not being able to invest much time today

Basically leaning towards Raeko/TZP for wolf

Feeling uncertain on BDS and Specs

Leaning human on THC and mastersuperfan

I'm going back and forth on nakah tbh